• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Samus Figma is awesome, but I don't own any Figmas and don't really want to start down that rabbit hole. I'd buy a re-release of the Max Factory zero suit Samus though.

Also think I might pre-order Kotobukiya's Asuna that's out soon. Anyone else getting that?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I want that samus figma, is there a chance of it hitting other stores, or is that posted one the only option?

I want that samus figma, is there a chance of it hitting other stores, or is that posted one the only option?
I do not think it will be a BigBadToyStore exclusive. If it were, they would brand it with "exclusive" or something. Furthermore I do not see the point for rerelease of figure at only one store.

Excellent! How do you choose which anime figures to stock?

I always go for Figma, they are high quality and people love them. After that I just try stuff out? I really try to do my research (read anime, watch manga). And then I have a love for Kaiju, especially Sofubi (Japanese Vinyl) like Godzilla, Tiger Mask, and Ultraman.

So the short answer is I try everything. I've thought about starting to carry Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, De Molte Bene and Medicos, but I'm still on the fence.

lol selling something for $120 and the guy offers $40. lmao

The offers I get sent through ebay never cease to amaze me. Offers so low that I would literally rather give the item to a friend than sell it for the amount offered. Doesn't matter what the item is either. Not to mention I look after my things and they're always in fantastic condition.

LiK

The offers I get sent through ebay never cease to amaze me. Offers so low that I would literally rather give the item to a friend than sell it for the amount offered. Doesn't matter what the item is either. Not to mention I look after my things and they're always in fantastic condition.
i know, I might consider if he posted $100. $40 made me laugh

chrono01

That Samus Figma is awesome, but I don't own any Figmas and don't really want to start down that rabbit hole. I'd buy a re-release of the Max Factory zero suit Samus though.

Also think I might pre-order Kotobukiya's Asuna that's out soon. Anyone else getting that?
I have Kotobukiya's Asuna on pre-order. I absolutely love the pose they chose for her, it's so...elegant. She also has a really nice base. I'm looking forward to receiving her.

Has anybody here used BBTS and give me a thumbs up? I REALLY REALLY want the Zero Suit Samus.
I haven't used them personally, but I've heard good things about them.

I'm sure you'll be fine ordering from them. Great choice, BTW. Zero Suit Samus [and the Samus/Link figma, for that matter] are all incredible. You won't regret it.

On the topic of figures, I wasn't going to purchase Kazuno from Alter [from the series "Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon"].

ZaBsOzA.jpg

...THAT POSE! The fact that they captured her literally ripping the asphalt around her to shreds and using them as swords...it just looks so impressive.

I'm sure it will cost a decent amount [I'm thinking 10,000+ yen] but I'm going to find it difficult to resist. -_-

grendelrt

Has anybody here used BBTS and give me a thumbs up? I REALLY REALLY want the Zero Suit Samus.

The only issue I have had was when the first round of these were cancelled, but that wasnt their fault and they were extremely apologetic and angry themselves it seemed. I ordered the Berserker Armor Figma and it came no issues.

Dthomp

I have Kotobukiya's Asuna on pre-order. I absolutely love the pose they chose for her, it's so...elegant. She also has a really nice base. I'm looking forward to receiving her.

I haven't used them personally, but I've heard good things about them.

I'm sure you'll be fine ordering from them. Great choice, BTW. Zero Suit Samus [and the Samus/Link figma, for that matter] are all incredible. You won't regret it.

So Excited!!! Just placed an order. Now we play the long waiting game.... :(

chrono01

So Excited!!! Just placed an order. Now we play the long waiting game.... :(
Congrats!

The wait will seem excruciating, I'm sure, but once you actually hold her in your hands, I'm confident you'll feel that it was worth it.

Scaled Nintendo figures don't come along too often, especially from well-respected manufacturers [such as Max Factory]. This makes Zero Suit Samus even more special, and the fact that she turned out as well as she did only amplifies things.

You are very wise to purchase her.

SUPARSTARX

Lol Samus rerelease ftw. Might pick it up off Amazon of anybody is selling it for msrp with gift cards. Sold the pair for $360 heh

TommyT

I ordered both Zero Suit Samus and the Link figma. Now I'd love to see some updates on that Tharja scale and Marth figma :D

Thanks for posting. I ended up getting the Link Figma as well.

Anyone know if there were there any production numbers with these releases?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :D

I don't know whether to order now, or wait to see if HLJ or AmiAmi posts a listing. If it's a new run, those places should be getting it, too.

That's kind of why I'm wondering how BBTS is getting Samus and Link? No listing from HLJ, or AmiAmi. Sounds like people are going to get their orders cancelled again. I've already had one US distributor list Samus and then cancel the order due to licensing.

chrono01

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :D

I don't know whether to order now, or wait to see if HLJ or AmiAmi posts a listing. If it's a new run, those places should be getting it, too.
Re-releases can happen purely for the North American market. It happened before with the Mega Man X D-ARTS figure.

I'm not saying for sure that this is another one of those situations, but it's possible.

gokieks

Think I'm going to order the Zero Suit Samus this time around. Still not completely thrilled with it, but the time between original release and now has done nothing to disabuse my notion that it's almost certainly the best (available and relatively affordable) Samus figure I'm likely to get.

LiK

LOL people counting on a Figma preorder from BBTS?
Kurisu from Steins;Gate is still listed as a preorder from summer 2011.

Yea, sometimes they take forever. Believe it or not, they bought a figure from me on eBay and I asked why. They said they were OOS and wanted to fulfill an order. lol I was surprised.

At least the confirmed the rerelease for US

chrono01

Oh my god I need this. I need this so bad.

Edit: Is it worth the extra 2 bucks for Collectors grade? Never used BBTS.
I can't say for sure since I haven't personally used them.

It's $2, though. If I ordered from them I'd definitely spend it if it gave me a better chance of having the box in perfect condition.

Yeah, as a collector that kind of thing is important to me. >_<

LiK

Oh my god I need this. I need this so bad.

Edit: Is it worth the extra 2 bucks for Collectors grade? Never used BBTS.

no, it only means the box will be in perfect condition but the boxes are in good condition usually anyway. that option is if you plan on keeping it sealed for the value. totally not worth it, imo.

johnsmith

remember me
That's a bullshit fee. Every item should be "collector's grade." What kind of shenanigans are going on in their warehouse for stuff to not be in perfect condition.

johnsmith

remember me
Ugh. Buddy arrived, and the ribbon on her neck had broken off. Fortunately I was able to find it in the box. And the box was beatup to hell. Should have grabbed her off mandarake instead.

johnsmith

remember me
Got her off eBay. Was able to super glue it back on and it looks ok. But I'll probably avoid used figures from there from now on.

chrono01

Got her off eBay. Was able to super glue it back on and it looks ok. But I'll probably avoid used figures from there from now on.
Sorry to hear that. :(

Yeah, I'd never purchase figures from Ebay, used or new. I've heard way too many bootleg horror stories to avoid the site completely.

I'm glad to hear that you got it fixed, though!

johnsmith

remember me
I've never had trouble with bootlegs. I definitely avoid ebay for stuff I know has been bootlegged. You can occasionally get really great deals though. My best ebay score was Rogue bishoujo (long coat version), Emma Frost bishoujo, and Ms Marvel bishoujo (binary version), without boxes, but in otherwise perfect shape for $75 shipped for all 3. Emma Frost alone usually goes for 120-150 and Rogue for 150-200.

chrono01

Bleh, my AmiAmi order is delayed due to an item from April not releasing on-time! That means it will be a while longer until I received Pit/Dark Pit, as well as my other pre-ordered items. >_<

johnsmith

remember me
Ordered that the Persona 4 Arena Taito Yu and Yousuke. I only wanted Yu, but mandarake was selling them both together. 1800 yen, but after handling fee and shipping it ended up being 3,680 yen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom