• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

I spent the morning freezing my hands off (0 degrees Celsius in May, oh joy) taking pictures of my new Figma Pit. Overall I'm quite happy with him, and I hope you like the pictures.

aB3ovEf.jpg

More pictures and review here

Pretty nice. I'm tempted to buy the Nintendo cast but Link's face looks so bad. What's up with those lips?

Pretty nice. I'm tempted to buy the Nintendo cast but Link's face looks so bad. What's up with those lips?
It's game accurate? That's just what Skyward Sword Link looks like. In fact, a lot of characters in Skyward Sword have pronounced or colored lips, it's just part of the style.

NEO0MJ

It's game accurate? That's just what Skyward Sword Link looks like. In fact, a lot of characters in Skyward Sword have pronounced or colored lips, it's just part of the style.

Now that you mention it yeah, that's true. But it doesn't translate well into the toy inn my opinion. And it's not just the colors, I feel that Link is pouting for some reason.

LadyRiven

That Samus Figma is awesome, but I don't own any Figmas and don't really want to start down that rabbit hole. I'd buy a re-release of the Max Factory zero suit Samus though.

Also think I might pre-order Kotobukiya's Asuna that's out soon. Anyone else getting that?

I pre-ordered her. I also really want the Volks Asuna but you have to use some kind of proxy to get her. ><

hayejin

Anyone else who ordered those heavily discounted Catherine figure from otacute get shipping email?
Mine's been stuck with status "Holding" for a week and I don't know what that means.

johnsmith

remember me
The zero suit samus rerelease has already been posted about. That's not a great price on Dizzy.

Anyone know where I can get a God Eater Alisa (non-D-arts) for under $100?

Keep checking on mandarake, and you should be able to grab one for 6k yen. Maybe less if it's opened.

Anyone else who ordered those heavily discounted Catherine figure from otacute get shipping email?
Mine's been stuck with status "Holding" for a week and I don't know what that means.
My Katherine from them shipped about 3 days after ordering.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Has anybody here used BBTS and give me a thumbs up? I REALLY REALLY want the Zero Suit Samus.

Been using them for ten years for more orders than I can count. Never, ever had a problem. Exceptional customer service, you can cancel preorders with no penalty, and the option for "collector's grade" box quality is worth the $2.

o wow samus is getting re-released?

I wonder if amiami will have it up once they are off from golden week or whatever'

edit

Anime island is saying its also get re-release as well... hmm

I have Kotobukiya's Asuna on pre-order. I absolutely love the pose they chose for her, it's so...elegant. She also has a really nice base. I'm looking forward to receiving her.

I ended up going for it. Definitely agree that she looks elegant. The unique base is a bonus too; anything that isn't a straight up circle is a nice change. The first figure I bought, VN02 Miku, was more attractive because of the base + figure itself.

I pre-ordered her. I also really want the Volks Asuna but you have to use some kind of proxy to get her. ><

Just checked out the Volks version and it's a very nice sculpt. It'll be interesting to see her price. I think BiJ deal in the exclusive/proxy business.

o wow samus is getting re-released?

I wonder if amiami will have it up once they are off from golden week or whatever'

edit

Anime island is saying its also get re-release as well... hmm
People expecting it to be a North America Re-release only. Not sure if AmiAmi or other Japanese retailer get it as well.

People expecting it to be a North America Re-release only. Not sure if AmiAmi or other Japanese retailer get it as well.

why would it be NA re-release only? Has that ever happen with a Japanese company?

I can see what Amiami and etc didn't put it up yet since they are off the whole week and just coming back in later today.

why would it be NA re-release only? Has that ever happen with a Japanese company?
Yes, look at the D-Arts Megaman X and SH Figuarts Super Saiyan Goku from Bluefin, pretty sure those are US only rereleases.

A licensing deal to specifically release Link and Samus in western markets was being worked on and preorders for them went up prematurely last time, but either things weren't ready or it fell through so the preorders were pulled. Guess everything has been sorted out and now preorders are back up.

Yes, look at the D-Arts Megaman X and SH Figuarts Super Saiyan Goku from Bluefin, pretty sure those are US only rereleases.

A licensing deal to specifically release Link and Samus in western markets was being worked on and preorders for them went up prematurely last time, but either things weren't ready or it fell through so the preorders were pulled. Guess everything has been sorted out and now preorders are back up.

Ehhhhh, Kinda Sorta. You can still order X and Goku from Bandai's Tamashii Store in Japan. Japan Tamashii Nations still gets everything we get from Bluefin.

My distributor listed Samus 8 months ago, I ordered 5 because I was super excited about getting more Samus (Sami?) at retail. The licensing fell through, I know I'm repeating myself, but I'd be surprised if this new pre-order panned out.

I'm sure everyone's aware of what happened last time, thus I'm sure steps are being taken to make sure that doesn't happen again. It stands to reason, no?

It does, I hope it works out, the Samus and Link Figma are awesome. Good Smile is going to be at ACEN next week, I may ask about it.

I'm sure everyone's aware of what happened last time, thus I'm sure steps are being taken to make sure that doesn't happen again. It stands to reason, no?

Gotta hope they're more certain this time. Having to cancel people's orders for the same item twice would be borderline trolling :p

The zero suit samus rerelease has already been posted about. That's not a great price on Dizzy.

I didn't see any links for samus so I thought it would help :S

As for Dizzy I don't know what her original mrsp is and it seemed good to me. But after seeing your post I did some looking around and realized it was a lot lower at launch.

Some other news for PF collectors. Sideshow's shaak ti exclusive has some in stock(pesky sideshow)
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3000961&ref=home_new

So tempted to pre-order the Jaina Solo figure with Crunchyroll, but I can't afford to pay it in full ATM =_=...

And damnnnn that Zero suit Samus figure is nice too...

I am looking for more opinions as I want the Samus figma ;)

I haven't used BBTS so this'll be my first time dealing with them, but now that Anime-Island's offering them too I can say good things about them. Their customer service gives fast in depth replies to any questions you have for them and their prices are relatively good to us. Though the one thing you do have to do that BBTS doesn't have you do is to pay in advance. You can either choose to pay the whole amount +shipping, or you can go with their 20% pre-order deposit and pay the rest once the figure comes in stock.

Bulzeeb

I haven't used BBTS so this'll be my first time dealing with them, but now that Anime-Island's offering them too I can say good things about them. Their customer service gives fast in depth replies to any questions you have for them and their prices are relatively good to us. Though the one thing you do have to do that BBTS doesn't have you do is to pay in advance. You can either choose to pay the whole amount +shipping, or you can go with their 20% pre-order deposit and pay the rest once the figure comes in stock.

nice, any other opinion here? because I'd like to preorder mine asap

Yah I can rec'd Anime-Island as well. Haven't received my Tenshi figure from them yet, but their customer service has been top-notch. I've been pleasantly surprised with my exp so far...

I haven't even seen any of the Rebuilds, but I probably will sit down and watch them this summer. I ordered all 3 Rebuild Evas, but I have no idea what any of them are anymore. Better to be safe now and order them than to wait and pay an inflated price.

Bulzeeb

well anime island seems to be cheaper and I wouldn't mind paying that 20% in advance, but in terms of shipping, are they better than BBTS?

Roubjon

I haven't even seen any of the Rebuilds, but I probably will sit down and watch them this summer. I ordered all 3 Rebuild Evas, but I have no idea what any of them are anymore. Better to be safe now and order them than to wait and pay an inflated price.

I'm pretty sure the price I paid for the four I bought a couple of weeks ago was way over-priced. I didn't really have any reference though. I did my best to scout out all the websites that had them, as well as eBay.

Cheska

Speaking of Charizard D-Arts, it's back in stock on AmiAmi.

The Phat Company Bayonetta on the other hand is sold out :(

johnsmith

remember me
Oh damn, that's so tempting! Worried about what could be showing wear on it that it merited a B.

I say go for it. I've bought plenty of B items and they've all been pretty much perfect. A little dusty or dirty at most, but no real damage. C is where you can usually find noticeable damage. A items are things that are or look unopened.

Oh damn, that's so tempting! Worried about what could be showing wear on it that it merited a B.

I bought the B/B Rita Alter figure they had and I was a bit worried what would be wrong with it,The only issue I had with her was that her hand holding her scroll was a bit loosely fit into the slot in her arm. Doesn't bother me since she's not an action figure, so other than that she came in great condition!

chrono01

Sailor Moon Figuarts should be going up for pre-order tonight. I expect them to sell out fast, so I'll be placing my pre-order ASAP. Big in Japan had her available last night and are already sold out. -_-

NRFfSoS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom