• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Sailor Moon a nostalgia thing? I'm not really familiar with it, but no end of people seemed to have watched it way back when.

I want D Arts Blastoise for the nostalgia. I was a pokemon blue kid.

chrono01

Is Sailor Moon a nostalgia thing? I'm not really familiar with it, but no end of people seemed to have watched it way back when.

I want D Arts Blastoise for the nostalgia. I was a pokemon blue kid.
It's definitely a nostalgia thing for me, but they're creating a new anime series [although it's been delayed :(] so that will likely bring in new fans as well.

All I know is that the faces for the Figuarts are PERFECT [especially the crying face]. Receiving Luna as a first-press bonus doesn't hurt either. :)

I have the Mewtwo D-ARTS, and have Charizard/Blastoise pre-ordered [Charizard is held up in my combined monthly order at AmiAmi]. I'll definitely pre-order Venusaur when he's made available [more than likely tonight, which will be listed alongside Sailor Moon].

LiK

Sailor Moon was one of the first major animes to appear on US TV. it was very popular. the English OP song was better too, imo.

The Sailor Moon anime isn't available through official channels in North America is it? Isn't that just leaving money on the table?

don't think so. there was an official DVD release but it's OOP, i think.

chrono01

The Sailor Moon anime isn't available through official channels in North America is it? Isn't that just leaving money on the table?

I don't believe it is, but I could be wrong.

If you want to help support Sailor Moon in North America, the Figuarts will be released here later in the year. The only problem is that it might not have the same accessories as the Japanese version [such as Luna], so if that's important to you [as it is to me] you might be better of importing.

I'm sure the revised Sailor Moon anime will be made more readily available here, though. Granted I do watch my anime subtitled, I do appreciate a well-done dub [the most recent being Steins;Gate].

It's definitely a nostalgia thing for me, but they're creating a new anime series [although it's been delayed :(] so that will likely bring in new fans as well.

All I know is that the faces for the Figuarts are PERFECT [especially the crying face]. Receiving Luna as a first-press bonus doesn't hurt either. :)

I have the Mewtwo D-ARTS, and have Charizard/Blastoise pre-ordered [Charizard is held up in my combined monthly order at AmiAmi]. I'll definitely pre-order Venusaur when he's made available [more than likely tonight, which will be listed alongside Sailor Moon].

That's cool man, I'm glad they've done the characters justice. I'll check out the new anime for sure. I wonder if the old one was aired in the UK and I just missed it. DBZ was the first anime I remember watching dubbed locally.

Edit:

Gargantia Beach Queens announced.

I don't usually go for swimsuit figures, but I love this anime. So definite maybe!

Same here. Gargantia hooked me real quick. I'd be down for some good figures from the series.

I don't believe it is, but I could be wrong.

If you want to help support Sailor Moon in North America, the Figuarts will be released here later in the year. The only problem is that it might not have the same accessories as the Japanese version [such as Luna], so if that's important to you [as it is to me] you might be better of importing.

I'm sure the revised Sailor Moon anime will be made more readily available here, though. Granted I do watch my anime subtitled, I do appreciate a well-done dub [the most recent being Steins;Gate].

It should have the same accessories; Bluefin is listing the faces as the first-run bonus (and that Luna is coming with all the figures, first-run or not) so I would imagine besides the release being later if it even is delayed, they'll be the same.

chrono01

The designs actually look good, too. I have yet to watch the anime, though.
I agree. It's nice to see some more..."realistic" body proportions. I'll have to check out the anime.

It should have the same accessories; Bluefin is listing the faces as the first-run bonus (and that Luna is coming with all the figures, first-run or not) so I would imagine besides the release being later if it even is delayed, they'll be the same.
Hopefully!

I know with some of the Sentai stuff, Bluefin apparently had to remove weapons and such from them, but this likely won't be the case here.

I'll still be importing just to be safe. :)

It's only 5 episodes in so far, but I've been digging it. Episode 5 was the mandatory "beach episode".

Beach barbeque/Red fighting for his life episode.

Beach queen's are just ok. I've got Houki and Saber Lilly, but that's as far as I'll go. I'm more of a figma man that buys scales of characters/series he really likes.

I didn't know. Fuck.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
so fellow Hot Toys collectors, which ones did you sell and how much did they go for?

Haven't bought one on impulse yet, so none so far, all mine are keepers.

I have been thinking of letting go of my bishoujo figures, to make more room for Hot Toys, though none of mine are worth much.

kitsuneyo

Are we expecting pre-orders for the Figuarts Sailor Moon to be available tonight/tomorrow? It's the morning of the 8th in Japan now, but I haven't seen anything yet.

chrono01

Are we expecting pre-orders for the Figuarts Sailor Moon to be available tonight/tomorrow? It's the morning of the 8th in Japan now, but I haven't seen anything yet.
Pre-orders should be going live in around 4-5 hours.

The sites normally update around 12PM in Japan.

After the swimsuit episode this past weekend I just knew Wave was gonna put out some beach queens. It would be nice if we got Saaya and Ridgett too. Keeping my fingers crossed Wave actually puts some effort into these cause I need dat Bellows.

OMG YESSSSSSSS. And I feel like a horrible person for having that reaction.

Also, unrelated... What's the going rate for a Momohime? I see a lot of prices creeping toward $200, which is outrageous. I ordered one through an Amazon retailer today for $130 shipped, so I was just curious to know how much I overpaid.

chrono01

how much yen is she going to cost? normal or premium price?

She should be around BIJ's price so from 3,000-3,500 yen.

Considering the current yen price, you're looking at around $35 USD or so.

Also, unrelated... What's the going rate for a Momohime? I see a lot of prices creeping toward $200, which is outrageous. I ordered one through an Amazon retailer today for $130 shipped, so I was just curious to know how much I overpaid.

That's not a bad price.

She was going for a lot a while ago, but she was recently re-released so it's fallen quite a bit. I would say around $85-$100 is a good price for her, not factoring in shipping.

So for $130 shipped, you got a very decent deal. She's amazing, BTW. Nice choice.

She should be around BIJ's price so from 3,000-3,500 yen.

Considering the current yen price, you're looking at around $35 USD or so.

That's not a bad price.

She was going for a lot a while ago, but she was recently re-released so it's fallen quite a bit. I would say around $85-$100 is a good price for her, not factoring in shipping.

So for $130 shipped, you got a very decent deal. She's amazing, BTW. Nice choice.

anything under 150 including shipping seems fine to me. under 130 and i'd jump on it for sure.

Good to know, thanks. I jumped on it because this retailer was selling them for about $150 a few weeks ago. Checked today and it was down to $123 plus shipping. I've bought from them before, so no worries.

chrono01

Good to know, thanks. I jumped on it because this retailer was selling them for about $150 a few weeks ago. Checked today and it was down to $123 plus shipping. I've bought from them before, so no worries.
Sounds great. I hope you enjoy your purchase [I am confident you will].

BTW, the pre-order for Venusaur [D-ARTS] is semi-live.

I say "semi" since the link exists but the site isn't taking your orders yet. However, they should soon [it says 4:00PM Japan Time, but I'm sure that it will be earlier than that].

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...$s_maker=Bandai$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

No Sailor Moon yet. :(

Edit - Also Mega Man X Ultimate Armor D-ARTS. I'm tempted, I love the translucent look...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...$s_maker=Bandai$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I have all 3 ordered (red & yellow from season 1, blue from season 2), with the first two on the way. Will post once I get 'em.

Great show... !

Thanks, Im really hesitant to start a new line(right after dropping Figma)
but I really love the show so I have to have them.
that will probably lead to me getting the Green Ranger to.

Definitely getting Red, probably season 1 Blue and season 2 Yellow.
at least I don't care for upgraded Red unless he comes with the helmet less heads.

If you never ordered a sideshow piece. You have about 20 minutes to create an account and get a 25% discount on any non-sale item in store(including pre-orders).
You need to use the coupon code "avenger"

I can't use it because I'm not a new customer :(

hitmon

Hello geek gaf. Think I might make my first figure purchase on the Zero Suit Samus. Are there any other recommended sites besides bigbadtoystore and anime island? What are the chances of Amazon selling it? Thanks in advance.

LiK

Hello geek gaf. Think I might make my first figure purchase on the Zero Suit Samus. Are there any other recommended sites besides bigbadtoystore and anime island? What are the chances of Amazon selling it? Thanks in advance.

Amazon sell lots of figures these days thanks to reseller and some companies using them as their store. always do a search there for price comparison shopping.

LiK

got this last week, forgot to post it. OG Serah P-A from an Aussie seller on eBay. $22 shipping made me cry but at least he sold it for retail price unlike all those HK sellers. quality looks great. gonna display her sitting on the Shiva bike cuz Snow can fuck off XD

38B99CE1-4A86-4013-8FB5-24DAA237432B-7816-000007BBB40E6CBD_zps8d8c9f38.jpg

kitsuneyo

They have the Sailor Moon figure on Gundam Planet, although they want to ship it to me from the USA for some reason and it's really expensive. Is this a trustworthy site?

They also say the figure will become available end of September. Something seems off.

Fu** the Sailor Moon figure is sold out already. Shit. I wanted her as a christmas present for my sister. Goddamnit, why was I asleep when she had gone up? Damnit.

chrono01

Managed to order at CD Japan and Hobby Search. Hopefully at least one comes through.

Don't worry about HS. They're amazing and well-respected. I know from personal experience. CDJapan too, although I've never ordered figures from them [only book, CD's, DBD/Blu-ray's/etc.].

I'm still waiting for AmiAmi, though. ~_~

kitsuneyo

I've only ordered from CDJapan once before and they lost that same order twice. First time the package came empty, second time the registered mail service actually lost it! They were nice about it and gave me a refund, but still.

I would've preferred to buy at AmiAmi, but the fact that their Japanese page is live makes it seem like they're giving priority to customers there. So I'm not 100% sure they'll have any left for us gaijin.

Edit - I forgot to say, thanks for the links chrono01! I probably wouldn't have got an order without them.

chrono01

I've only ordered from CDJapan once before and they lost that same order twice. First time the package came empty, second time the registered mail service actually lost it! They were nice about it and gave me a refund, but still.

I would've preferred to buy at AmiAmi, but the fact that their Japanese page is live makes it seem like they're giving priority to customers there. So I'm not 100% sure they'll have any left for us gaijin.

Edit - I forgot to say, thanks for the links chrono01! I probably wouldn't have got an order without them.

Sorry to hear that your past experience with CDJapan has been so unfortunate. I'm glad to hear that they worked things out for you, though [in the form of a refund, at least].

It is weird how AmiAmi English doesn't have her. I'm still waiting and with such little time left until closing, it doesn't look likely that they'll make her available today. By the time they fix whatever issue she'll probably be sold out. :(

You're very welcome! I'm happy to help out any [and all] figure-collector's when I can! :)

To any just joining us, HS is now sold out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom