• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks awesome. I wish they had done Charmander and Squirtle. I guess they went with the final forms of the three starters and the special Pokemon from the first games... for some reason.

Those 3 are really the ones that have the most nostalgia attached for me. The ones everyone was racing to get fully evolved in the game and also the 3 pokemon cards everyone wanted the most. Mewtwo is the other one that sticks out, which they were smart to do as well.

Obviously this is specific to my experience and friends at the time, so I can see it being different for other people.

kitsuneyo

That makes sense. To be honest I was only a fan of the anime, so Charizard is the only one that means anything to me. (I hated the Mewtwo movie!)

Being on the box art for all 3 original games doesn't hurt their iconic status either.

Red_JP_boxart.jpg
Green_JP_boxart.jpg
Blue_JP_boxart.jpg

I missed out Charizard. Pre-ordered Blastoise at HLJ, and Venusaur at AmiAmi. Now I need to find a store for Charizard. God damnit. haha.

Haha I did the same thing, at the same stores no less. HLJ were the only ones that had Blastoise left by the time I'd stopped sleeping on these releases.

I missed out Charizard. Pre-ordered Blastoise at HLJ, and Venusaur at AmiAmi. Now I need to find a store for Charizard. God damnit. haha.

Haha I did the same thing, at the same stores no less. HLJ were the only ones that had Blastoise left by the time I'd stopped sleeping on these releases.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/figure-pokemon/4453-d-arts-lizardon.html
You missed out on it being cheaper but still available here

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/figure-pokemon/4453-d-arts-lizardon.html
You missed out on it being cheaper but still available here

Thanks for that! I totally forgot to check N-Y.

Now it makes perfect sense. I guess that means we probably won't see any more figures in this series?

Well they did do Mewtwo. I'm not sure how likely it is though honestly. A lot of figures seem to have high demand so I'm not sure if popularity alone is enough of a motivator. It has to count for something though and I would think there are plenty of others they could do that would sell well if they do decide to make them.

meijiko

Thanks for the link! The fact that it's prime eligible makes it a better choice than AmiAmi for me.

Speaking of which, I don't think she'll be up on AmiAmi. Someone on MFC emailed them and got this response:

Hi, Krystal.

Thank you for mailing us.

Unfortunately the item is not available on our English website.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

Sincerely,
AmiAmi

chrono01

I was going to order a Sailor Moon from Amazon [to save a bit on shipping] but they do not ship this particular item to Canada.

Oh well. Hobby Search it is!

johnsmith

remember me
Why oh why didn't I pre-order that 7th Dragon Chelsea figure? ;_;

I didn't realize how awesome she looked at the time.
I ordered her as soon as I saw Samurai sold out and rocketed in price immediately after release. I had a feeling the same thing would happen with Hacker and I know it's going to happen with Miku. Shining Wizard is a master, easily one of the best sculptors out there.

Yeah I think I prob order charizard off amazon and blastoise as well if I can find a preorder. Charizard is 60 with shipping.. Not that bad right?

I ordered her as soon as I saw Samurai sold out and rocketed in price immediately after release. I had a feeling the same thing would happen with Hacker and I know it's going to happen with Miku. Shining Wizard is a master, easily one of the best sculptors out there.

Definitely. It's one of shining wizard's sculpts that started me collecting.

Well, I think at the time she was put up, I was still planning on just sticking with Kotobukiya bishoujos.

That worked out. ¬_¬

chrono01

Agreed.

AmiAmi increased her price after getting more stock available for pre-order and they still sold out. Thankfully, I have her pre-ordered for the cheaper price, but even for the price increase, I'd gladly pay it.

The whole 7th Dragon 2020 line is amazing. I've already decided to pick up whichever characters are released [the next being Hatsune Miku].

Welp, my S.H.Figuarts collection is starting quickly.
from none to 5 ordered in a few minutes.

At least they don't seem like a pain in the butt to get like past released Figma are.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Also picked up a Sailor Moon, thank you everyone who shared links!

chrono01

Hahahahaha. $200 is ridiculous.

I better make sure I get that Megahouse Labrys the moment she goes up.
$200 is ridiculous, and yet, it will probably sell. :(

She was released at a really expensive time for me, so I couldn't pre-order her. She definitely looks great, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom