• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
$200 is ridiculous, and yet, it will probably sell. :(

She was released at a really expensive time for me, so I couldn't pre-order her. She definitely looks great, though.

Eh.... Not $200-great, though. Like, if she just went up for pre-order today, I'd probably get her, but she's not the type of figure I would go chasing after.

hitmon

For those who have pre-ordered from bigbadtoystore. If the price increases or drops before it ships, do they lock in the lowest price like amazon?

For those who have pre-ordered from bigbadtoystore. If the price increases or drops before it ships, do they lock in the lowest price like amazon?

It's pretty much proper retail ettiquette at this point. I don't really know any places that don't operate that way.

LiK

they're usually locked at the lower price you preordered at. if they raise it, they will email you and ask you if it's okay. but that's rare. they usually just take the hit.

so i kinda went a little bishoujo crazy over the past few days lol.

i picked up power girl and poison ivy over the weekend, and got my black hair commander shepard today since the bioware store finally shipped her on monday.

p4x4jEN.jpg

i like how their poses are like, mirrored sort of, so i put them next to each other.

i wasn't much a fan of the eagle pistol they included with her, so i decided to go with her hand, which i look looks better.

johnsmith

remember me
dayum....

What's your fav koto bish?

There's way too many. Power Girl, Huntress, Phoenix, Jean Grey, and Scarlet Witch are probably my favorites.

So uh.... No More Heroes Sylvia figure... $107 shipped. Good deal?

Goes for about 8K on mandarake but I don't see her very often, shipping would probably bump that up to about 9.5k, so yeah, that's not too far off the mark. I say go for it. I got her for 5.5K from amiami when they first started selling preowned figures, but the odds of that happening again nil. The last few times I've seen her there have been a lot pricier.

The Yamato one, I assume?

Yeah, that's a great price. She normally goes for that opened, so if that's new [including shipping] and you're interested in her, that's a deal.

Alright, cool. I got her from an Amazon seller for that price. It ships directly from Amazon, so I tend to trust them.

But good lord, I need to stop.

...right after my bishoujo femshep finally ships from the comic retailer I ordered her from next week.

chrono01

Alright, cool. I got her from an Amazon seller for that price. It ships directly from Amazon, so I tend to trust them.

But good lord, I need to stop.
I feel your pain.

I keep telling myself "This is ALL I'm ordering for this month!"...and then something comes along. ~_~

I'm thinking of adding Irma [Megahouse] to my July 2013 AmiAmi order. SOMEONE STOP ME!

johnsmith

remember me
You lucky son of a gun! Nice pickup.

How much did she end up costing you? I want to get one one of these days but she's been kind-of expensive.

6,780 for B/B from amiami. She's not in perfect shape. I found some scuffing on the back edge of her skirt. But it's not noticeable when displayed, and it took me a while to find even that.

Labrys

6,780 for B/B from amiami. She's not in perfect shape. I found some scuffing on the back edge of her skirt. But it's not noticeable when displayed, and it took me a while to find even that.

Oh, that stinks. Still, grats for getting her that cheap, especially with the damage not visible.

Giolon

omg omg omg

|Oboro Muramasa - Kongiku 1/8 Complete Figure | 7,320 JPY| 1| 7,320 JPY|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: 7,320 JPY
Shipping: 1,380 JPY
Grand total: 8,700 JPY

She's also back in stock at MSRP (9,160 yen) if anybody missed her.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-7355

Paid for w/ EMS shipping. I couldn't wait. =D

Bulzeeb

hi guys, I am new to this stuff so I wated to ask you which site is better for preordering the samus figure, anime island or Big Bad toys store? thanks in advance

chrono01

I want my Kongiku figure now, but I need to wait until the end of the month [due to her being in my AmiAmi combined shipment]. >_<

...I will spend the time looking at user photos, more than likely. It will be a painful wait...

hi guys, I am new to this stuff so I wated to ask you which site is better for preordering the samus figure, anime island or Big Bad toys store? thanks in advance
From what I've read, BBTS offers better service.

Anime-Island, while completely legit, apparently takes a while to ship pre-orders. Some people ordered the recent Tenshi [GSC] from them and still haven't had their order(s) shipped. She was released on March 3rd.

Personally, I'd go with BBTS.

Bombless

Here I am, waking up and checking the usual stuff on my tablet and then I decide to check my mail (even though there wasn't any new mail notification).

Your Kongiku order is in stock / Your Kongiku order payment receipt

This day is suddenly REDEEMED!

What? they have a Figuarts prototype of aoi-tan from Akibaranger.
234.jpg

Thats another I will have to buy if it gets made, I can see the hilarious group shots already.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Giolon

Not super sure if I want to pay off Kongiku. She doesn't look too great in some older pictures.

The only pictures I've seen of her have looked fantastic, and I've been following her since she was unpainted. Are you sure you're not talking about photos of a similar garage kit of her that's also been out there for a while?

One user photo has already shown up on MFC and there will likely be more soon.

chrono01

Not super sure if I want to pay off Kongiku. She doesn't look too great in some older pictures.
I don't have my Kongiku yet, but I have full faith that she will look amazing.

Trust me, purchase her now or regret it later. I can see the price of her easily going up and quickly. AmiAmi had a re-stock of her [at a 2000+ yen price increase] and sold out extremely fast.

She will look even more amazing when posed alongside Momohime.

I just don't find her design that great but thats just me. I don't really want to pay 9k (well could of got her for 7k) for a character I don't care for and a design I'm kinda meh about. I do like the lights and everything though.

I'm just waiting for that Maede keiji alter one cuz god damn that looks amazing.

Also Mitsuru and Labyrs preorders should be soon as well.

Ken

I can honestly say, I don't know what figure you've been looking at. I think she looks amazing.

http://myfigurecollection.net/image/escape_rope1353875927.jpeg and http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/700615&ref=item:98783

The downward angle on the eyes, the weird sour pout thing going on with her mouth, the folds created between the right breast and right arm, and kind of glossy paint bug me a little. Some of the painterly charm of the original artwork seems lost.

I'll probably end up paying for it anyways just to have something to tide me over until Muramasa Vita though. :x

I want Labrys though. What import hoops will I have to jump through to get her?

http://myfigurecollection.net/image/escape_rope1353875927.jpeg and http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/700615&ref=item:98783

The downward angle on the eyes, the weird sour pout thing going on with her mouth, the folds created between the right breast and right arm, and kind of glossy paint bug me a little. Some of the painterly charm of the original artwork seems lost.

I'll probably end up paying for it anyways just to have something to tide me over until Muramasa Vita though. :x

I want Labrys though. What import hoops will I have to jump through to get her?

since it is most liekly an exclusive you got nippon yassan (sp?) mio boutique and Big in Japan.

There are others like Anime Island as well.

Beth Cyra

First time posting here, just ordered a MG 1/100 God Gundam model. Nothing special, just something to have on my desk

0mZa1tNl.jpg

Make sure to post about it in the Gundam Thread, we got a few modelers that chat about kits over there, not much really happens in this one when it comes to Gunpla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom