• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which ones ship internationally and have been used by people here?

I have never used any of them yet but I did pay for a preorder on nippon yassan to order maede keiji since she is an exclusive.

I believe BIJ requires full payment upfront, while NY gives you the choice to pay when it is about to be shipped.

I heard mio boutique is fine as well. Anime Island is also good but they have a tendancy to ship items later than others. BUT they are a local socal company (I believe), so its easy to get a hold of them.

Ken

I have never used any of them yet but I did pay for a preorder on nippon yassan to order maede keiji since she is an exclusive.

I believe BIJ requires full payment upfront, while NY gives you the choice to pay when it is about to be shipped.

I heard mio boutique is fine as well. Anime Island is also good but they have a tendancy to ship items later than others. BUT they are a local socal company (I believe), so its easy to get a hold of them.

Thanks. I'm no longer in SoCal so I need something that ships outside the US. I'll wait and see if others have input on the matter. Does Labby have a release date?

So, uh.... BBTS has the Bishoujo Black Cat up for "pre-order" with an expected May 2013 arrival date for $49.99. I'm not expecting anything to come of it unless she got a re-release, but if I can get one for $50? I'm game.

johnsmith

remember me
Which ones ship internationally and have been used by people here?

I like Nippon-yasan because unlike most proxy shops they don't require payment up front and have decent prices. It will sell out very fast though, so get ready to order ASAP.

Oh man. I want these.

ibbXe1UDey4YpO.jpg

Elixir

Kongiku shipped, received Leviathan and Caliburn earlier this week. Really glad I kept my preorder with Kongiku after all.

sky

Perused my wishlist, and noticed the Kirito figma from SAO was finally available again... ordered. :) Looks like he's gone again, now... lolz. Damn you gotta be fast.

Should be fun to pose with Asuna, once she comes in!

Jessicat

It's pretty much proper retail ettiquette at this point. I don't really know any places that don't operate that way.

Amiami gave me crap once for not matching their own lower price on an item when it changed between the time I ordered the item and the time everything from that order [with that item] was in stock to ship....it wasn't a pre-order though ._.; I'm starting to hate buying from them, they won't let me cancel an item I pre-ordered that was to b released a month later -_-; Not sure how many times I can "time out" of a pre-order payment and re-order the same things before I get locked out of shopping there o_O

...still waiting on my Pit & Dark Pit figures, not buying from nin-nin-game again, frigging so slow to ship.

Amiami gave me crap once for not matching their own lower price on an item when it changed between the time I ordered the item and the time everything from that order [with that item] was in stock to ship....it wasn't a pre-order though ._.; I'm starting to hate buying from them, they won't let me cancel an item I pre-ordered that was to b released a month later -_-; Not sure how many times I can "time out" of a pre-order payment and re-order the same things before I get locked out of shopping there o_O

...still waiting on my Pit & Dark Pit figures, not buying from nin-nin-game again, frigging so slow to ship.

Why are you letting orders time out if you're going to order the same thing later? Funding issue at the time of release? I can see that bothering them :p

I do dislike the policy on cancelling though. For smaller shops I totally get it, but amiami seems big enough to be more lenient. That said, I have cancelled things with them and they've done it quickly and politely. They just don't want you to make a habit of it.

Jessicat

Why are you letting orders time out if you're going to order the same thing later? Funding issue at the time of release? I can see that bothering them :p

I do dislike the policy on cancelling though. For smaller shops I totally get it, but amiami seems big enough to be more lenient. That said, I have cancelled things with them and they've done it quickly and politely. They just don't want you to make a habit of it.
Well, not all the items from the order, since they wouldn't let me cancel one item from the order I've loop-holed it that way before XD Only once though, lol.

Well, not all the items from the order, since they wouldn't let me cancel one item from the order I've loop-holed it that way before XD Only once though, lol.

Oh, haha. I get you. That's the brave way of doing it. I only know one person that's actually had their account closed, which was for missing 3 payments within a year if I'm remembering right.

Edit:

Come on, someone hurry up and announce the deets for my Megahouse Labrys. I won't be able to relax until I get my pre-order in. :eek:

Are there any price estimates yet?

Nope. What there are, are pricing fears.

I'm going to put my personal guess at about 12,000¥.

Guess my decision on that will come down to the wire, staring at the order page. I'm not averse to that kind of price if I really like it though.

I've already swallowed the tough pill of Alter's Kazuno recently. The shipping on that is going to make the total unpleasant thanks to the asphalt swords. Couldn't resist though.

Sorry for asking, anyone have a spare play asia discount code ?

I wanted to buy Sarah Palmer but I heard Play Asia is giving 25% discount codes for accounts made before may 1.

thanks in advance.

I can find her around but any place that has her for preorder is selling her for $150 :(

Are they giving you any kind of compensation? Future discount code or something? I imagine most shops have a loophole/TOS that exempts them from responsibility in these situations.

Guess my decision on that will come down to the wire, staring at the order page. I'm not averse to that kind of price if I really like it though.

For me, Megahouse Labrys is that rare figure that makes a person unreasonable. In this case, money is no object, I'll pay whatever she costs. I will have her. O_O

I can find her around but any place that has her for preorder is selling her for $150 :(

Holy shit, already? I was lucky and got my order in to AmiAmi the other night... Just under the wire, it seems.

The 7th Dragon Chelsea figure is listing in some places for $200, and she isn't even out yet.

Giolon

Are they giving you any kind of compensation? Future discount code or something? I imagine most shops have a loophole/TOS that exempts them from responsibility in these situations.

Hobbyfan always the disclaimer:
Caution: Pre Order Circumstance. In some scenario, distributor may ship certain heavily demanded item(s) in allotment or delaying shipment beyond our control. If this has occurred. Not all reservations will be fulfill. Customer will be serve accordingly under first come first basis automatically.

Unfortunately that happened in this case. :(

I stopped ordering from Hobbyfan except as a last resort a long time ago because their prices aren't any better than importing yourself from the Japanese sites, and they get their orders on the slowboat so they're constantly 2-3 months behind on releases.

LiK

I stopped ordering from Hobbyfan except as a last resort a long time ago because their prices aren't any better than importing yourself from the Japanese sites, and they get their orders on the slowboat so they're constantly 2-3 months behind on releases.

yea, nothing for the cancellation. i only went to them cuz everyone else was already sold out. they were the only ones i could find selling her for close to the MSRP price. this blows.

i sucked it up and preordered from BBTS for $150. it'll probably go higher on eBay so i'm not willing to risk it if even the distributor is cutting stock.

johnsmith

remember me
Set up an alert at http://www.figinstock.com/ for amiami. I bet she'll come back in stock within the next week, even if only briefly, once people don't pay for their orders. Momohime, Velvet, and 7th Dragon Samurai all kept popping up even after selling out. It'll just be at msrp, which will still be cheaper than US sites.

LiK

Makes me worried about my pre-order with them (same figure). Haven't received a notice yet...

They said I was canceled based on when I preordered. If you got her early then you're safe.

Set up an alert at http://www.figinstock.com/ for amiami. I bet she'll come back in stock within the next week, even if only briefly, once people don't pay for their orders. Momohime, Velvet, and 7th Dragon Samurai all kept popping up even after selling out. It'll just be at msrp, which will still be cheaper than US sites.

Thanks, signing up

For me, Megahouse Labrys is that rare figure that makes a person unreasonable. In this case, money is no object, I'll pay whatever she costs. I will have her. O_O

Holy shit, already? I was lucky and got my order in to AmiAmi the other night... Just under the wire, it seems.

The 7th Dragon Chelsea figure is listing in some places for $200, and she isn't even out yet.

I hear you. Sometimes reluctance over price is overshadowed by a feeling of inevitability. Gotta have it!

RE: Chelsea, glad I got my order in early.

Yeah that makes sense. Shame there's no avenue of recourse, but then I'm sure the shop themselves isn't happy about the situation either.

sca2511

Any differences for the limited Koto Shepard vs regular other than hair color? I much prefer the red hair, but the differences might make me reconsider my preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom