• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any differences for the limited Koto Shepard vs regular other than hair color? I much prefer the red hair, but the differences might make me reconsider my preorder.

Black hair comes with a pistol instead of the assault rifle, and she has a renegade logo on her base, as opposed to the assault rifle and paragon logo base that comes with the regular one.

Giolon

Black hair comes with a pistol instead of the assault rifle, and she has a renegade logo on her base, as opposed to the assault rifle and paragon logo base that comes with the regular one.

Doesn't seem to be much of a difference, guess I'll keep my original order. Thanks.

The original comes with both logos, doesn't it? I could have sworn I saw a Renegade logo in the packet w/ the Paragon one. I'll have to double check when I get home b/c I didn't take either one out.

That's Harlock.

2013-01-31_095500_501714-capitan_harlock.jpg

I know, just off the top of my head thought the figure looked customish until I went over and looked at my Playarts VV.

The original comes with both logos, doesn't it? I could have sworn I saw a Renegade logo in the packet w/ the Paragon one. I'll have to double check when I get home b/c I didn't take either one out.

That might be, I haven't gotten mine yet. Just going by what I've heard.

That's a silly reason. You should only buy the figures you want. I missed out on Liara, but I ordered Femshep anyway. But I wasn't really a big fan of the Liara sculpt to begin with.

Well, its actually more of a silly reason for me to just order the FemShep, haha. I actually REALLY just want the Liara, but if I had Liara sitting there on a shelf somewhere, then I could justify FemShip being there too.

I thought Liara was awesome in all 3 games. Plus, I played ManShep, and havent gotten around to my FemShep play through.

Well, its actually more of a silly reason for me to just order the FemShep, haha. I actually REALLY just want the Liara, but if I had Liara sitting there on a shelf somewhere, then I could justify FemShip being there too.

I thought Liara was awesome in all 3 games. Plus, I played ManShep, and havent gotten around to my FemShep play through.

I like Liara, too. Quite a lot. Doesn't mean I need a badly-sculpted figure of her sitting around. :p The bishoujo look really doesn't work well for Asari, IMO. But back to my main point, you don't need one or the other to justify the purchase of successive figures. I'm sure they'll continue the Mass Effect line, maybe even putting out Ashley and Tali bishoujo figures. Are you going to not-buy those as well because you missed Liara?

Liara isn't to the point where she's unobtainable. She goes for around $200 or so. It's a big hit, but if you really want her...

I like Liara, too. Quite a lot. Doesn't mean I need a badly-sculpted figure of her sitting around. :p The bishoujo look really doesn't work well for Asari, IMO. But back to my main point, you don't need one or the other to justify the purchase of successive figures. I'm sure they'll continue the Mass Effect line, maybe even putting out Ashley and Tali bishoujo figures. Are you going to not-buy those as well because you missed Liara?

Liara isn't to the point where she's unobtainable. She goes for around $200 or so. It's a big hit, but if you really want her...

If you don't thats great! I do though, I need meaning to stuff that I buy, and FemShep has almost no meaning to me, where as Liara does. I think her model could be better but I still really like it. FemShep would really just be a very large accessory to my Liara model if I got it. Haha.

I don't really buy a lot of model stuff, I'm just a huge Mass Effect fan. Haha.

Edit: also yeah, I wouldn't buy Ashley or Tali either, but both of those would be for 2 reasons, one I like sets of stuff, if its not complete I usually just don't bother, haha. And 2 I don't like Ashley and Tali I never really used in my missions.

LiK

I was checking Liara for you guys and it appears someone sold two of her in Mar on eBay for $60 each new. Sweet deal for a rare figure.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I want to ensure I get that figma samus, but I'd also prefer to use a different store than what was posted. What should I do? :(

If you don't thats great! I do though, I need meaning to stuff that I buy, and FemShep has almost no meaning to me, where as Liara does. I think her model could be better but I still really like it. FemShep would really just be a very large accessory to my Liara model if I got it. Haha.

I don't really buy a lot of model stuff, I'm just a huge Mass Effect fan. Haha.

Shit, if you're constrained to one toy line, I'd just spring the $200 for Liara. Me and these other guys here, we've got pre-orders coming out of our ears.

And 2 I don't like Ashley and Tali I never really used in my missions.

I sexed them both in successive play-throughs, but Liara was my main squeeze for my first game. And I played them as they came out, so I had to waaaaaait between games.

Shit, if you're constrained to one toy line, I'd just spring the $200 for Liara. Me and these other guys here, we've got pre-orders coming out of our ears.

I sexed them both in successive play-throughs, but Liara was my main squeeze for my first game. And I played them as they came out, so I had to waaaaaait between games.

I've been tempted to buy her a few times at those stupid prices, but better judgment always wins out. Haha.

One day she will be mine, and then and only then will I consider getting her 'accessories' aka team mates. Haha.

I've been tempted to buy her a few times at those stupid prices, but better judgment always wins out. Haha.

Yeah, with me, if there's a figure I really want for $100 or so, I'll usually buy it without question. But once you get closer to $200, then things get really iffy. Because you know you're well out of the realm of "good purchasing decisions".

I want to ensure I get that figma samus, but I'd also prefer to use a different store than what was posted. What should I do? :(
Big Bad Toy Store apparently has no repercussions for cancelling a preorder, so get yours in just to be safe and cancel if you prefer to order somewhere else later.

asrttyoxo

Neo Member
hi guys, I am new to this stuff so I wated to ask you which site is better for preordering the samus figure, anime island or Big Bad toys store? thanks in advance

Anime Islands stuff comes in late because they order their items from Japan and have them shipped by boat. I find that they are often as cheap or cheaper than AmiAmi on certain items like Kotobukiya, figma, etc.

I had great experience with their customer support too. If you go on myfigurecollection.net they are also pretty active with the members.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Big Bad Toy Store apparently has no repercussions for cancelling a preorder, so get yours in just to be safe and cancel if you prefer to order somewhere else later.

Eh it's not that. It's that I don't want to sign up to yet another site, I'm already having a hard time keeping track of everything as it is:(

I may have to for this one though. I want that Samus.

B.K.

@_@ There are Xenogears mech figures?!?!?!?!?

It's a garage kit for Omega Universitas from Xenosaga Episode III. It's on Yahoo Auctions right now for 32,000 Yen. I've seen pictures of garage kits for Weltall-2 Id Mode and Xenogears, but I've never seen them for sale anywhere.

sca2511

Even better if true.

Yeah, with me, if there's a figure I really want for $100 or so, I'll usually buy it without question. But once you get closer to $200, then things get really iffy. Because you know you're well out of the realm of "good purchasing decisions".

That's me trying to justify possible purchases for the Catwoman and White Phoenix Bishoujos.

Keylow415

Whwgo4Q.jpg

I wouldn't mind getting that if the paint job wasn't so bad and it wasn't so expensive.

OMG i want this so bad i love Xenogears but 32k yen wow. but when i was in tokyo i was at some big figure shop there they had some tekkman blade figure and some Ronin warriors too was around 32k too.

johnsmith

remember me
My problem is the low quality sculpt and paint job. Megahouse is a 2nd tier company. Shame they have so many big licenses.

Kotobukiya's Maou is pretty good. Don't think I'll get her though. The face could be better. But the dress is great.
iC08DRp5LHxKi.jpg

She's definitely a very nice figure, but I think the breasts throw it off a bit. They should maybe be 3/4 the size. Especially with that tiny waist. Tempted, but I'll pass.

Oh, fuck... I almost ordered Chelsea from an Amazon seller for $208 shipped. Almost. I'm afraid I'm gonna do it sooner or later. :(

Bombless

Yeah the face is pretty uneventful. The dress however is amazing.

Man, after watching that Dragon's Crown Amazon trailer, the second the preorders open for a statue of her (don't let me down Alter!) I will hit that preorder button like the fist of an angry god.

Sure, it's the same for the rest of the cast, but dat hometown, dayum!

Man, after watching that Dragon's Crown Amazon trailer, the second the preorders open for a statue of her (don't let me down Alter!) I will hit that preorder button like the fist of an angry god.

Same. But I think if anyone gets a figure first, it'll be Sorceress.

Totally digging the Amazon though. She'll probably be the one I play first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom