• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy 10,000 everyone!

Here's my Smash Bros Lineup!
8726261921_6048845e58_b.jpg

I'm jelly about your Link. I think I missed my chance to get that figure. :(

That is right up there with Powergirl and Wonder Woman for me. Top tier Shunya Bishoujo work. It's just amazing me that I've never been a DC fan but the DC Bishoujos and especially their artwork have been far better IMO than the Marvel ones.

I have to agree. The DC line has easily been superior. Especially Poison Ivy and Huntress, IMO. I'm sure Canary is still a ways off since this is just the art, but I'm definitely going to grab her, as the art for these things is usually spot-on with the final product.

Jube3

Forgot to post I got Black Widow. All I need is Hulk and Iron Man Mark VII and it's complete.

I'm jelly man, I've got them all coming (minus black widow) but I missed out on Hawkeye so I am debating on whether or not to still pick her up :( Thor and Cap came in already, Loki, hulk, Coulson and Iron man on the way (sometime this year lol)!

AMUSIX

Trying to decide if I should preorder this on the 16th...
4jKm3kI.jpg

I like the look a lot, and the swap out unmasked face is pretty cool where she's sticking her tongue out, but, then again, I already have this one:
Gd6y3h3.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Queen's Blade Grimoire - Alicia
Back in stock at amiami. With discount even. 7,200 yen, 18% off
I had to bite. She's sold out everywhere else, and already selling above msrp on other sites.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-7645

I really like this. It's understated for a Queen's Blade figure, and I really like this different take on Alice in Wonderland.

Also got a Milla Maxwell off mandarake for 5,000. Should have slept in.

chrono01

I know it was already expected, but a S.H. Figuarts Mercury figure was just unveiled [to accompany the recent Sailor Moon].

Of course we'll get all five Sailor Scouts eventually, but it's nice to see that Bandai isn't wasting any time!

I had to bite. She's sold out everywhere else, and already selling above msrp on other sites.

I really like this. It's understated for a Queen's Blade figure, and I really like this different take on Alice in Wonderland.

Also got a Milla Maxwell off mandarake for 5,000. Should have slept in.
Tempting, but my May AmiAmi order is already 60,000+ yen [unless items are delayed]. >_<

I do not want to add more to it!

chrono01

Man, you could set amiami's factory on fire and they wouldn't close your account with that kind of patronage :p
Haha, that's very likely. I would never do such a thing, of course. Perish the thought!

At the very least, they seem to be more...lenient when it comes to cancelling items. I hardly ever do [I've probably cancelled maybe 5-6 times over two years, and I always give them time in advance and never a mere few days prior to release], but it probably helps.

They need a "Frequent AmiAmi Buyers" program!

meijiko

Man, I love the ideas and general motifs of the Queen's Blade characters. I love the armor and the weapons and the archetypal fantasy style. But they just go a little too far on the side of raunchy for me to feel comfortable buying them. I realize that's kind of the point, so it doesn't make me angry or upset or anything, I just wish there were more fantasy-type figures that took themselves a little more seriously.

I know it was already expected, but a S.H. Figuarts Mercury figure was just unveiled [to accompany the recent Sailor Moon].

Of course we'll get all five Sailor Scouts eventually, but it's nice to see that Bandai isn't wasting any time!!

Yeah, she's at Sofmap in Akiba right now; the other Senshi are likely releases but were not reporting them as confirmed because ... well, they haven't been revealed to exist yet. And if anyone tells you otherwise, don't believe the speculation. ;) You really don't know if Naoko Takeuchi is going to wake up one morning and decide she doesn't want Bandai to do any more figures with the Sailor Moon license. :p

chrono01

Yeah, she's at Sofmap in Akiba right now; the other Senshi are likely releases but were not reporting them as confirmed because ... well, they haven't been revealed to exist yet. And if anyone tells you otherwise, don't believe the speculation. ;) You really don't know if Naoko Takeuchi is going to wake up one morning and decide she doesn't want Bandai to do any more figures with the Sailor Moon license. :p
Haha, that's very true.

The reason I believe we'll eventually get all five is the sheer popularity of both the characters and the currently up-for-pre-order [sold out in most cases] Sailor Moon. Why would they stop now?

But you are absolutely correct, stranger things have happened, so I really can't say for sure until it happens/is announced. I have been disappointed too many times in the past if I were to do this yet again!

Still, can you imagine if they released 4/5 of the Scouts and then decided not to release the fifth? The anger...the anger would be great [I would likely be among them].

Haha, that's very true.

The reason I believe we'll eventually get all five is the sheer popularity of both the characters and the currently up-for-pre-order [sold out in most cases] Sailor Moon. Why would they stop now?

But you are absolutely correct, stranger things have happened, so I really can't say for sure until it happens/is announced. I have been disappointed too many times in the past if I were to do this yet again!

Still, can you imagine if they released 4/5 of the Scouts and then decided not to release the fifth? The anger...the anger would be great [I would likely be among them].

Oh yeah, people would be damn near pissed off. I'm sure Bandai/Tamashii Nations is going to ensure that if 4 come out they'll do all 5, at least. I've just seen way too much speculation being tossed around as fact in other places.

Haha, that's very likely. I would never do such a thing, of course. Perish the thought!

At the very least, they seem to be more...lenient when it comes to cancelling items. I hardly ever do [I've probably cancelled maybe 5-6 times over two years, and I always give them time in advance and never a mere few days prior to release], but it probably helps.

They need a "Frequent AmiAmi Buyers" program!

I wouldn't complain about a loyalty scheme. I imagine the amount I've spent with them by now isn't insignificant, but I'm not sure I dare total it :p

Next month is more full for me though, I think all I've got in May is Hacker unless I've forgotten something.

Haha nice try. Why do I always like the pricey ones?!

Yeah, I'll most likely end up getting both variants. I'm confident that they'll be worth it. I've been wanting an elf figure for ages.

Same here. My first max level character in the game was a Delf. Between this release and the lovely Welf by Shining Wizard, Max Factory has got our back. She's out next month as well:

10211177a.jpg

chrono01

Oh yeah, people would be damn near pissed off. I'm sure Bandai/Tamashii Nations is going to ensure that if 4 come out they'll do all 5, at least. I've just seen way too much speculation being tossed around as fact in other places.

Speculation can be a dangerous enemy indeed!

I'm still [somewhat] upset at Megahouse with how they handled the Sailing Again line [One Piece]. They made 7/8 of the Straw Hat crew as standard releases and then BAM! The enight [Franky] as an [expensive] exclusive. I already had the other 7 so, understandably, I felt obligated to complete the crew. He's going to cost me around $240, but considering how incredible he looks, I will pay the cost. Even still, it's unfortunate they didn't make a less extravagant/standard release for those that didn't want to pay the extra premium cost. :(

Next month is more full for me though, I think all I've got in May is Hacker unless I've forgotten something.
June is going to be pretty full for me, as well, but not nearly as bad as this month. Assuming nothing gets delayed [from either May --> June, or June --> Later], I'm still looking around 30,000yen, so it's not going to be super-cheap.

However, when compared to this month, it will be comparatively better! Then comes the later months...I really need to cut back on my figure-spending...

...OH LOOK! Another incredible PVC figure!

*places pre-order*

... Damn it. I did it again!

sky

Finally got my Labrys in! :]

svYKTHS.jpg

Her weapon is a little awkward to deal with, but overall she's quite nice!
Great compliment to Aegis.

By the way... whoever is responsible for posing the figmas, for their promo shots, either cheats or is a practitioner of black magic!
Because I can rarely match them without looking goofy. Or perhaps I just need to level up my posing skills more... >_>

Finally got my Labrys in! :]

svYKTHS.jpg

Her weapon is a little awkward to deal with, but overall she's quite nice!
Great compliment to Aegis.

By the way... whoever is responsible for posing the figmas, for their promo shots, either cheats or is a practitioner of black magic!
Because I can rarely match them without looking goofy. Or perhaps I just need to level up my posing skills more... >_>

Ooh she looks nice. I was tempted to get her an Aegis, but decided against it in favor of other stuff.

I remember trying to get figma Rider into her "ready to pounce" pose and I ended up breaking one of her hair parts. Promo figma poses are extremely difficult for me to pull of effectively :\

I got my berserk figure and chose out a really cool pose from the box of him leaned over with his sword in the air.

I'm terrified enough of posing his fragile joints as is, much less with the the weight of his cape bears bearing down on his arm. And then if I dangerously contort his shoulder joint out of place, the weight of his sword can't keep his wrist from rotating after more than two seconds. I am almost certain you can't actually put him in that pose, awesome as it is.

Although I've heard of some people using clear nail polish to fatten the pieces going into joints, and thus tightening them up. I'm sure if you wanted to double down on keeping a figure in one pose and unable to be transported if you ever have to move, you could slob it all over the outside of the joint and try to lock it in place.

Either way, trickery!

chrono01

Same here. My first max level character in the game was a Delf. Between this release and the lovely Welf by Shining Wizard, Max Factory has got our back. She's out next month as well:

10211177a.jpg
Damn it.

I'm now tempted to [try] to secure a pre-order of this beauty along with pre-order the Dark Elf [Blue] when she's made available. >_<

I was kind of trying to avoid these [due to the $$$], but then I noticed Shining Wizard was the sculptor. Yeah...that sealed the deal.

COME TO ME!!!

How is that a massive spoiler? I knew about that while I was still debating about getting into the series.

But yeah, I'd buy a figure of that.
Massive in the sense that the anime is not to the part where
Eren becomes a titan
. After that, then it's something super easy to see coming, but not a bomb I want to drop casually.

But with the anime seemingly popular as it is, it would be great for that to be one of the releases down the line.

Of course we'll get all five Sailor Scouts eventually, but it's nice to see that Bandai isn't wasting any time!
Excellent, I can't wait for Mars.

Damn it.

I'm now tempted to [try] to secure a pre-order of this beauty along with pre-order the Dark Elf [Blue] when she's made available. >_<

I was kind of trying to avoid these [due to the $$$], but then I noticed Shining Wizard was the sculptor. Yeah...that sealed the deal.

COME TO ME!!!

Haha sorry man :p The Wizard effect. Those 2 figures will look great together though. No room for regret. Blue is my preference for the Dark Elf as well.

Did you go for Alter Kazuno btw? I did. No idea where I'm going to put her though, the asphalt swords are massive.

chrono01

Haha sorry man :p The Wizard effect. Those 2 figures will look great together though. No room for regret. Blue is my preference for the Dark Elf as well.

Did you go for Alter Kazuno btw? I did. No idea where I'm going to put her though, the asphalt swords are massive.
It's okay, I forgive you. After all, as you said, they will look amazing together. I'm hoping that AmiAmi will get a re-stock of the Elf figure, though. They should, since release is still a month away [at least, possibly more if it's delayed] but you never know. I will have to set up a FigInStock notification!

I'm still un-decided on Kazuno. She looks amazing, but I'm waiting a bit before I commit to her or not [want to see what else is scheduled for that month]. While shipping will definitely be a pain, I'm sure she'll be worth it in the end.

Don't do this to me I just got done ordering 5 Figuarts in one day.
going to be broke and out of space.

chrono01

Don't do this to me I just got done ordering 5 Figuarts in one day.
going to be broke and out of space.
Well, of course the possibility is there that Bandai won't complete the line, but seeing how fast they're going, it would surprise me if they suddenly ceased production. Having two Sailor Scouts and not the rest would be saddening. :(

Well that and the S.H. Figuarts Sailor Moon figure is seemingly printing money [it's sold out EVERYWHERE!, except a few places]. I expect the rest that [hopefully] follow to do the same.

But yes, I fear for the damage on my wallet as well. Thankfully, they're not priced high so it shouldn't be an issue, although actually securing their pre-orders might prove to be more difficult.

Well, of course the possibility is there that Bandai won't complete the line, but seeing how fast they're going, it would surprise me if they suddenly ceased production. Having two Sailor Scouts and not the rest would be saddening. :(

Well that and the S.H. Figuarts Sailor Moon figure is seemingly printing money [it's sold out EVERYWHERE!, except a few places]. I expect the rest that [hopefully] follow to do the same.

But yes, I fear for the damage on my wallet as well. Thankfully, they're not priced high so it shouldn't be an issue, although actually securing their pre-orders might prove to be more difficult.
Im just glad they don't seem to become ridiculously priced like Figma the second they release or sell out so quickly.
I can understand Sailor Moon though, extreme nostalgia and not many figures out there.
With Figma I actually paid $120 for Kyon, $75+ shipping each for Kurisu & Roger Smith, $70 for Shirou.

Also glad im able to just say no to something like Itassha Robo though, i'd be living on the street.

I just stopped Figma now this line has me and I still need to go back for the new Steins;Gate figmas.

Bombless

I need to stay the hell out of this thread until the end of the month. I really can't afford to get more statues as London Comic Con is coming up and I need to keep my monies...and you people really aren't helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom