• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't do this to me I just got done ordering 5 Figuarts in one day.
going to be broke and out of space.

figuarts is a scary
tumblr_mlqywlpcf11qk2e1xo1_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm4p6kwceN1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_mkwcx7ql5M1qdsraqo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mlv9puUW5T1ruxt22o1_500.jpg

scary hole

I'd rather see vanillaware's awesome monsters as figures, but that'll never happen...

I'd kill for a Leventhan statue (both baby and adult forms)

An aside: I've been interested in making sculpey figures for a few years now, but have no idea how to really go about it since most of the better blogs for it are Japanese and either are impossible to read or give vague instructions. Are there any master guides anywhere in English I could use?

sky

Although I've heard of some people using clear nail polish to fatten the pieces going into joints, and thus tightening them up. I'm sure if you wanted to double down on keeping a figure in one pose and unable to be transported if you ever have to move, you could slob it all over the outside of the joint and try to lock it in place.

Either way, trickery!

Hmm, interesting idea! I do wish Figmas were a little more sturdy in general.

Another question for you Figma owners out there: Do you ever change the accessories?

I find that I always end up picking the one or two attachments I like, and then just throw the rest back in the box, and probably never see them again. This feels a little wasteful, even though it's cool to see them all layed out initially.

Ken

Another question for you Figma owners out there: Do you ever change the accessories?

I find that I always end up picking the one or two attachments I like, and then just throw the rest back in the box, and probably never see them again. This feels a little wasteful, even though it's cool to see them all layed out initially.

Nope. I put them in the plastic bag and leave them in a drawer. Same with Nendos. I blame the difficulty of getting accessories and hand pieces on.

I change my Kurisu's all the time. too many options im never satisfied with it for long.
I really like the folded arms, Dr Pepper, and cell phone hands.
none of my others really have much besides bags.
Kiritsugu has alot of guns but I like the hand in pocket look better.

LiK

figuarts is a scary

scary hole

is there a Green Power Ranger available? that's the only one i want.

i prefer the SIC versions for the Riders. I'll take some pics of my collection soon for you guys.

Nope. I put them in the plastic bag and leave them in a drawer. Same with Nendos. I blame the difficulty of getting accessories and hand pieces on.

ditto, i don't really play with them. just find the parts i like and display them in a pose. i may change the pose but rarely. guess i'm more of a statue guy.

I put mine in the figma baggie, and store all the bags in a box under my bed. Occasionally I swap out some stuff, but I generally keep all the accessories that I like to rotate across figmas out in the open. That way I can get to them pretty easily.

johnsmith

remember me
Was just browsing some Figuarts on ebay and came across Gokai Yellow.
Why is it going for $150+?

Because it came out over a year ago, it's sold out everywhere, and demand is greater than supply. The same reasons any figure appreciates in value.

The only way you'll get it cheaper is if it pops up on mandarake, it seems to sell in the 5000 to 7000 yen range. Search for ゴーカイイエロー until you see one for sale. It can take weeks/months. But the hunt is part of the hobby.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/e...=all&keyword=(ゴーカイイエロー&searchStrategy=keyword

chrono01

How tall is she? I mean, she's nicely sculpted, but she seems a bit pricey for generic fantasy drivel.
According to the specifications, she's 1/7-scale and 255mm[25.5com] tall. Her sculpt is also extremely detailed, as you can surely see, which likely adds to her price.

Her cost should be around 8500 yen with store discount(s), and given the current rate of yen, that would be around $85-$90 USD/CDN. She might even be priced lower than that, depending on what percentage the store discount(s) give us. That seems extremely reasonable to me. >:)

chrono01

But still, she looks like every other elf in the history of ever.
True, Elves do look alike. I don't have many currently in my collection, though, so I could definitely use more!

What really sells me on this figure, though, is the face. I love the face! I was originally going to pass, but when they revealed the revised face I was instantly convinced. I must have her.

For clarification:

Previous Face:

Revised Face:

Because it came out over a year ago, it's sold out everywhere, and demand is greater than supply. The same reasons any figure appreciates in value.

The only way you'll get it cheaper is if it pops up on mandarake, it seems to sell in the 5000 to 7000 yen range. Search for ゴーカイイエロー until you see one for sale. It can take weeks/months. But the hunt is part of the hobby.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/e...=all&keyword=(ゴーカイイエロー&searchStrategy=keyword
Oh I guess her and Pink are just popular then, because none of the others are near as high.
Thanks

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I plan on nabbing me a milk chocolate elf, as it will go nice with my Orchid Seed Arshes Nei. Also her colors just pop more then the blue one does, just need to make sure here release date doesn't conflict with other purchases.

LiK

True, Elves do look alike. I don't have many currently in my collection, though, so I could definitely use more!

What really sells me on this figure, though, is the face. I love the face! I was originally going to pass, but when they revealed the revised face I was instantly convinced. I must have her.

For clarification:

Previous Face:

Revised Face:

yea, HUGE improvement and now i want it.

johnsmith

remember me
So can you guys help me find pictures of cool displays? I bought a house, and I'm turning one of the bedrooms into my pc/figure room. I want to build an awesome wall of storage, and I have 10 ft 8 inches of space to fill in the main wall.

One popular option is to go with nothing but detolfs, and I could do 7 of those, raised on expedit shelves.

Or maybe a wall of billy cabinets. I could fit 4 of these.

Or maybe do a combination of both.

Ken

The detolf picture looks cool.

The billy cabinets picture looks like a pharmacy. Which could be cool if you're into that I guess.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Amiami has a used Persona 3 Mitsuru for like 8900 yen, is that a decent price? I've always wanted Mitsuru.

johnsmith

remember me
Amiami has a used Persona 3 Mitsuru for like 8900 yen, is that a decent price? I've always wanted Mitsuru.

This one? 8380 is about normal for her. I got her for 4k yen last summer on mandarake, but that's never going to happen again. I seriously lucked out. Looks like there were some more recent sales for 7k on mandarake, but she doesn't pop up often, and sells out quick if she does.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=HOB-FIG-5247-R012

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom