• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah that one. So you think I should pick it up?

If you like it, go for it. It'll be hard to get it cheaper.

Personally, I'd hold out for this one.

She probably won't be out for a while yet, but she's so much better than the previous versions.
Meh, the new outfit is weird and we still haven't seen it painted. Her classic outfit is classier. Plus vertex doesn't have much much of a track record yet.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
If you like it, go for it. It'll be hard to get it cheaper.

Meh, the new outfit is weird and we still haven't seen it painted. Her classic outfit is classier. Plus vertex doesn't have much much of a track record yet.

Since you actually have the figure, how do you like it? Care to give a mini review (a sentence or two)

johnsmith

remember me
Since you actually have the figure, how do you like it? Care to give a mini review (a sentence or two)

I like her a lot. It's a good sculpt, good face. I like the base with the SEES logo, and she comes with both sword and evoker, so you can pose her multiple ways. I definitely think she's a top tier Persona figure.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I like her a lot. It's a good sculpt, good face. I like the base with the SEES logo, and she comes with both sword and evoker, so you can pose her multiple ways. I definitely think she's a top tier Persona figure.

Thank you John. I'm gonna give it some thought, but thanks for all the help.

Freezasaurus, I will most likely get that one too, but I greatly prefer her P3 look. :)

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
The original version:
Now just need to keep an eye out for a Kai Harn.

Love that Arshes figure, it was my first PVC figure. I've seen Kai Ver.1 on mandrake loads of times, but only when I have no money for her.

Ishiyama Satoshi's gotta be my favorite sculptor, dudes like the Frazetta of anime sculpting. Mohio and Shining Wizard can fight for second place.

johnsmith

remember me
Oh, and speaking of Mitsuru, I'm this close to ordering this prepainted garage kit (a bootleg, technically).

155.34 shipped, and you need to pay 20% up front. So tempted, but I don't know what the quality will be like, if the quality control will be up to snuff. Though it looks better than the other versions, and is pretty big at 295mm.
http://www.e2046.com/product/17312

Though their Elin was top notch. Pretty much as good as what we've seen of Arcadia/Yamato's.
http://www.hobbyhovel.com/2012/08/review-e2046-gathering-elin-mystic.html

ibzy3z2oBO5pPp.jpg

iHViqs8UsAF4W.jpg

Jessicat

So can you guys help me find pictures of cool displays? I bought a house, and I'm turning one of the bedrooms into my pc/figure room. I want to build an awesome wall of storage, and I have 10 ft 8 inches of space to fill in the main wall.

One popular option is to go with nothing but detolfs, and I could do 7 of those, raised on expedit shelves.

Or maybe a wall of billy cabinets. I could fit 4 of these.

Or maybe do a combination of both.
One thing to consider is ease of lighting; the deltof cabinets have glass shelves, the billy ones don't. I'm trying to plan out a collection room too, though there will be more than figures [also smaller figurines and plushies, lol] so I'm not sure what to go with either ^^; I'll second the request for more collection room pics though! :3

johnsmith

remember me
One thing to consider is ease of lighting; the deltof cabinets have glass shelves, the billy ones don't. I'm trying to plan out a collection room too, though there will be more than figures [also smaller figurines and plushies, lol] so I'm not sure what to go with either ^^; I'll second the request for more collection room pics though! :3

You can actually get glass shelf replacements
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/03690900/

I'm also considering the Hemnes cabinet, as they're higher quality than the billy ones, and wider and deeper, and also have glass shelves available. With those I'd go without the glass doors though. I think the doors on those block off too much of the view. Being deeper would make it easier to set up a back row of figures with risers.
best_linen_cabinet.jpg

Pic of the billys with glass shelves.
i8JDxXvnmF1xp.jpg

Labrys

You may also consider looking for display cabinets that have mirrors at the back. It gives the illusion of more space plus you can view the figure's behind.

Would places like Ikea have those? Or could you, say, get a Detolf and fit mirrors in the back?
When I get my room put together my plan was for 2 Detolfs with risers, but this mirror idea is intriguing.

Cheska

I currently already have two detolfs in our game room but they're both filled as can be. Where does one go to get the billy shelves? Kinda liking that picture with that glass inside.

johnsmith

remember me
I currently already have two detolfs in our game room but they're both filled as can be. Where does one go to get the billy shelves? Kinda liking that picture with that glass inside.

main unit
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/13690607/
glass shelves
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/03690900/
doors
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/11686/

Or this one
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99865569/

full sized pic
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/617966

Would places like Ikea have those? Or could you, say, get a Detolf and fit mirrors in the back?
When I get my room put together my plan was for 2 Detolfs with risers, but this mirror idea is intriguing.

I saw this at a local furniture store. Not sure if IKEA has those. Can't find any pics that look like it but the front and sides are clear glass but only the back has a mirror. It's about 2 DETOLFs in width.

If I had my own place I'd get a cabinet to display my figures but for now they all just rest in their boxes.

chrono01

Btw, for those who combine orders on AmiAmi, about how much more does the shipping tend to be? As of right now I have three figures due to ship out in May but I'd like to add another one.
It depends on the size/weight of your current order, really. If AmiAmi is forced to use a bigger box, it's going to add a decent amount to the overall cost [de[ending, I'll explain below].

Shipping for me ranges anywhere from 6000-10000+ monthly [this is for EMS]. This is because I always combine my orders into one shipment so AmiAmi really has no choice but to use the bigger boxes. I also, generally, have 5+ items, among other various collectibles. The 10000+ yen shipping cost is if the other contains a massive item [such as Ultimate Madoka] or something extremely heavy [like a hardbound book, and sometimes, a PVC figure].

Adding one figure to your order shouldn't increase the cost a whole lot unless:

A) It's a large item that would force the order into a much larger box
B) It's heavy. Very...very heavy.

Since the cost goes by weight/size, either could impact it. However, if you're already shipping three figures you're probably already up into a larger than SAL box, so you should be fine. It's hard to say exactly how much the increase will be, though, without knowing the size of the box + its weight. I assume you'll be shipping via EMS [unless the three items are small and can currently fit into an SAL box].

Re-stock of Max Factory's Elf on Hobby Search!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10211177

I finally pre-ordered her. Now to wait until Dark Elf goes up. >:)

It begins!

I saw this at a local furniture store. Not sure if IKEA has those. Can't find any pics that look like it but the front and sides are clear glass but only the back has a mirror. It's about 2 DETOLFs in width.

If I had my own place I'd get a cabinet to display my figures but for now they all just rest in their boxes.

This is what I've almost decided on. Double width, glass doors, shelves and mirror backed. Probably with a black frame, but not sure on that yet.

Edit:

Release dates and delays:
http://www.goodsmile.info/post/ja/3681/2013年5月出荷予定商品および+発売月変更のご案内.html

Hacker/Chelsea is coming out May 22. Meruru got delayed until June.

Good to have a solid date for Hacker.

Pic of the billys with glass shelves.
i8JDxXvnmF1xp.jpg

I don't want to be rude but that looks like some kind of weird warehouse - it's looking a little sad. Maybe try to illuminate the wall behind the shelves? The room needs more life, right now the shelves are looking like a huge prison for figures ;)

So can you guys help me find pictures of cool displays? I bought a house, and I'm turning one of the bedrooms into my pc/figure room. I want to build an awesome wall of storage, and I have 10 ft 8 inches of space to fill in the main wall.

One popular option is to go with nothing but detolfs, and I could do 7 of those, raised on expedit shelves.

This is what I'm aiming to do. I prefer it because it elevates the bottom row, which typically gets ignored. Unfortunately the closest Ikea is 11 hours away so I've been waiting for our next trip to visit family.

Although something like this wouldn't be bad if you swapped out the doors with glass:

3467374638_ea65ff7a94_z.jpg

This is what I'm aiming to do. I prefer it because it elevates the bottom row, which typically gets ignored. Unfortunately the closest Ikea is 11 hours away so I've been waiting for our next trip to visit family.

Although something like this wouldn't be bad if you swapped out the doors with glass:

3467374638_ea65ff7a94_z.jpg

That looks phenomenal. What cabinets/cases are those? Any other details on this setup?

LiK

I'm gonna have the Vic Viper shipped with SAL registered. I wanna see how long this takes and if the condition of the box will fine. The price difference is well worth it and I'm not in a rush for it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That Madoka Nendo looks cute as all hell. Not sure what it is but that picture just screams 'BUY ME!'. So I will.
Hope you enjoy it. The finish is really nice. My photo makes her dress look a little more matte than it really is. Has a nice pearl finish.

Some cute lil' figures you got there, Double-ya.
Danke.

wasn't really fealing this animal crossing nendoroid before, but now?

http://www.tomopop.com/ul/30383-/95b9d53b-noscale.jpg

SO CUTE!
So I guess After Parts will not be the only way to get note accessories.

Don't know whether to jump on this one as I haven't had experience with the character yet and I try to keep my figurine purchases to characters I like rather than just ones that look cool.

Last month haul has arrived...that custom charge sting T-T I shall try to sort out my orders for smaller packages at the end of the month, man some D-Art boxes are huge, I'll need to sort my orders of the Blastoise and Raidou D-Arts if their boxes are as big as the Charizard one =/:
jJcnVpUaOYvtl.JPG

chrono01

Speaking of Plastikitty & Sonico, that 1/2 Sonico statue is insane...How do you even display a 1/2 anyway? Oo
I'm not sure you'd be able to fit her in a display case unless you remove a shelf or two or three.

She looks great, but it's a bit too pricey for me. I'm content with the upcoming 1/5 scale from Orchid Seed.

I'm so fucking pissed. I got an email from figinstock this morning at 5:30 am about Chelsea being back in stock at Amiami. Of course I didn't wake up until around noon. :mad:

They better hurry and announce the details on Labrys soon so I can at least get her, since I want her even more.

chrono01

I'm so fucking pissed. I got an email from figinstock this morning at 5:30 am about Chelsea being back in stock at Amiami. Of course I didn't wake up until around noon. :mad:

They better hurry and announce the details on Labrys soon so I can at least get her, since I want her even more.
Sorry. :(

Check AmiAmi/HS/HLJ/etc. the night she's released [May21st/22nd in Japan]. Sometimes they get more stock in than pre-orders so if you're quick you might be able to grab her [albeit at MSRP, no discount].

I wish you luck! She looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom