• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like I got a little gradutation money

I cant decide between 89 Joker, Bane, and Joker 2.0 though

any one got an opinion?

I'm not a big fan of TDK Bane so he's an easy pass for me. If I were to choose just one, I'd have to go for Joker 2.0. He's the best bang for the buck. 2.0 comes with so many awesome set pieces/accessories.

But then again the head sculpt on Joker '89 is flawless!

Well you can't get Joker '89 without Batman '89

U know what, this can go on forever. Better stop while u can.

So I want to scoop up a few more of the Marvel/DC bishoujos... Does anyone have Elektra? I'm not crazy about her face, but the rest of her looks pretty great. Also have to grab PG since I already have Huntress.

chrono01

Dark Elf up at AmiAmi!

Regular Edition:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de..._preorderitem=1$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Brown Skin Ver.:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de..._preorderitem=1$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Both are 8,620 yen.

Also, re-stock on Lineage II Elf:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...max+factory+elf$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Never Mind. Lineage II Elf SOLD OUT

Lineage II Elf up at HS!!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10211177

GO GO!

Now she's Sold Out yet again.

hitmon

I'm not a big fan of TDK Bane so he's an easy pass for me. If I were to choose just one, I'd have to go for Joker 2.0. He's the best bang for the buck. 2.0 comes with so many awesome set pieces/accessories.

The more I see that, the more I want that Joker. Then again I just can't justify spending $300 on it with my budget.

Gunpla builder here. I mostly do HGUC kits. The only AU kit I have is G-Exes from Gundam AGE (which is a pretty awesome kit. Some crazy articulation going on.

Oec4mZT.jpg

MW4DKG3.jpg

C9Dlz05.jpg

I have them organized by in-universe production order

From left to right

OYW:

RX-78-2 Gundam
Zaku II (Char Custom) (Real Grade btw)
Zaku I Sniper Type
Rick Dom

Gryps Conflict:
Hyaku Shiki
Zeta Gundam
Gundam Mk 2 (Titans Colors)
Hizack
Hambrabi

First Neo-Zeon War
Zaku III (Mashymre Custom)

Second Neo-Zeon War:
Stark Jegan
Sazabi
Nu Gundam

Laplace's Box Incident:
Banshee (Destroy Mode)
Delta Plus

Search your feelings, Hitmon. You know it to be true.

The price is steep, but these little babies keep me going when I get stuck working extra shifts

Have they said anything about the Returns figures yet?
much prefer Returns Batman to 89

Hot Toys hasn't said a peep since the announcement. I'm hoping after all the Iron Man 3 hoopla dies down they can move on.

LiK

Dark Elf up at AmiAmi!

Regular Edition:

Brown Skin Ver.:

Both are 8,620 yen.

Also, re-stock on Lineage II Elf:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...max+factory+elf$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Never Mind. Lineage II Elf SOLD OUT

Lineage II Elf up at HS!!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10211177

GO GO!

Now she's Sold Out yet again.

preordered the Dark Elf regular version. Way sexier than the Brown version to me for some reason. I dunno why that Elf keeps selling out. The face doesn't look that good to me.

johnsmith

remember me

I ordered both. =/
Might sell one off. I'm sure these are going to sell out. They are absolutely flawless and top tier.

preordered the Dark Elf regular version. Way sexier than the Brown version to me for some reason. I dunno why that Elf keeps selling out. The face doesn't look that good to me.
Yeah, I love the outfit and the sculpt of the body, but the face totally kills it for me. A rare miss from Shining Wizard.

LiK

Yeah, I love the outfit and the sculpt of the body, but the face totally kills it for me. A rare miss from Shining Wizard.

yea, every time i see it in stock i decide to not get it. maybe she'll be worth money considering how quickly she sells out but i don't think i'll bother. got a lot of figures i need to get rid of first anyway.

chrono01

She looks fine to me, but then, taste is subjective, haha. Shining Wizard's figures are also [generally] high in-demand, so that might be another reason.

I ordered both. =/
Might sell one off. I'm sure these are going to sell out. They are absolutely flawless and top tier.
Good man!

I'm tempted to order both myself, but considering the end of the year is already becoming full, I think I'll cut back and only order the Regular/Blue ver.

I'm not 100% sure, though, so I'll give it until tomorrow to decide. Either way, I'm definitely ordering one, just not 100% sure on which color [it's currently 90% Blue, 10% Dark Skin].

But then again the head sculpt on Joker '89 is flawless!

Well you can't get Joker '89 without Batman '89

U know what, this can go on forever. Better stop while u can.

I got both Batmans so I want to eventually have both Jokers as well, I guess I should go with the one that will be rarer first which I think will be Joker 2.0 since Jack is still available after all this time

Blue Dark Elf for me. I don't dislike the tan, but it has no relevance to the game or my nostalgia for it.

Also, don't get the complaints about the White Elf face. I think it looks great in combination with the pose. So serene. She evokes the source material much more than the Orchid Seed one does as well.

Edit:

Packing for my move. Any guess on how many 30 gallon tubs I'll need?
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/balbanesbeoulve

Nice Persona collection you're putting together. I'm jealous. Not easy either, since the good figures are all over the place. I really wish Persona got better representation in the figure world. Had no idea High Priestess Rise and Chie were even coming out. Their prices are up there from what I can see. Is it because they're limited?

That Alter Yukiko is nice as well. The other one on mandarake is 19k. Brutal.

Speaking of Persona, I should be getting Art Works Aegis in the post soon. Really excited for that one, looks crazy good in pictures.

Any Toda Satoshi fans in the house? Gift have picked up his Saber Bride. I know his figures are as divisive as Welf face, but I'm a fan and I think he's outdone himself this time. Should look great next to Extra and Lily.

Img34678.jpg

The face doesn't work for me. Maybe if it was closer to Wada's illustrations.

Yeah, the faces seem to be the sticking point for people who don't like Satoshi Toda's sculpts. I like his take on them though. Saber's popularity means there are several good versions of her out there for people who want something more faithful to the source material as well. I have GSC's Saber Lily for that reason.

Also, today was nearly a figure nightmare. I received this in the post:

Luckily, the contents survived without damage, which is probably a testament to Mandarake's packaging.

Really need to get my display situation sorted out so I can get my collection out of their boxes.

LiK

Hey Lik! Any update on that eBay seller? Hope everything turned up okay.
yea, he paid. He asked to pay on a Friday and came through. That was annoying. If he paid earlier i could've shipped it faster. lol

Speaking of which, I'm gonna try to sell most of my stuff on eBay first cuz I want a higher profit. So not gonna sell my figs here until I'm done there. I'll post my selling list here after I'm done there. I plan on selling the figures to you guys for lower prices.

Got both as well, kind of prefer the brown skin one, but I love inkies to much to pass on the other. Man I seriously need to plan a trip to an Ikea, last two figures that I got are still in boxes because I'm out of shelf space...

i'm fine with any fees. I've jacked the prices so high it doesn't bother me.

How successful are you with prices that you consider high? I've always wondered if it would sell eventually but just require some patience. That's worked for me with a MacBook. I got the price I wanted, but it took 6 weeks or so to sell. Not a good strategy if you're in a hurry for the cash, but then a notebook computer is a more expensive item to begin with.

LiK

How successful are you with prices that you consider high? I've always wondered if it would sell eventually but just require some patience. That's worked for me with a MacBook. I got the price I wanted, but it took 6 weeks or so to sell. Not a good strategy if you're in a hurry for the cash, but then a notebook computer is a more expensive item to begin with.

I've included Best Offer and have been accepting some of those if its good enough. Sold two auctions already last week from that. They still paid way more than what I paid originally so i felt good about it. Currently trying to get some money back and basically clearing out for space. I need space really badly in order to reorganize my displays. Old figures from years ago need to go.

I think my profits will explode when I finally post a few sealed Hot Toys figures up. The prices for them have been kinda insane. I'm just trying to organize shipping boxes. That's an annoyance.

johnsmith

remember me
Flatten all your boxes and bubble wrap all the figures and make use of the space.
2169924-kappa.png

I can't flatten them because I want to keep the plastic inserts for resale value. Not too worried about space, my house has a massive crawlspace where I can store the empty boxes inside the tubs (here's hoping the basement never floods). And tubs are cheap after spending that much on figures, about $9 at target. I'm thinking I'll probably need 4 or 5 in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom