• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokieks

Those kinds of plastic tubs really are about the most useful thing for moving - with very few exceptions, they basically make cardboard boxes pointless as they're still quite cheap, way more durable, and can be used for a lot more purposes.

I guess cardboard boxes are better for the environment, but you can use the tubs for nearly forever, so even that's not really a concern.

LiK

Ok guys, I'm gonna grab some plastic tubs at Target this week as well. Should be good for reorganizing my to sell stuff.

I've included Best Offer and have been accepting some of those if its good enough. Sold two auctions already last week from that. They still paid way more than what I paid originally so i felt good about it. Currently trying to get some money back and basically clearing out for space. I need space really badly in order to reorganize my displays. Old figures from years ago need to go.

I think my profits will explode when I finally post a few sealed Hot Toys figures up. The prices for them have been kinda insane. I'm just trying to organize shipping boxes. That's an annoyance.

I think I'll give the best offer thing a try. I've never bothered to sell any figures before because there's only a couple I'd want to, but like you say, it comes down to space. I'd rather have the space for new stuff I want, and if I can get a good price then it's even more worth the effort.

I also agree that packaging is a pain. Getting boxes that work but aren't too big so they increase shipping price is the worst part of selling anything. Some times I end up building boxes myself to the right size.

Edit: You're right about the sealed Hot Toys as well. I just checked because I have a sealed Iron Man Mark 3 that I could never decide where to put, so I just didn't open it.

LiK

^ the biggest mistake was I tossed out alot of the shipping boxes that came with the Hot Toys. I have a few left but not for the ones I want to sell. Would've made it easier for me. I noticed a ton of eBay sellers kept those to resell.

^ the biggest mistake was I tossed out alot of the shipping boxes that came with the Hot Toys. I have a few left but not for the ones I want to sell. Would've made it easier for me. I noticed a ton of eBay sellers kept those to resell.

That makes sense. I'll start keeping those boxes and see how I do on space with that. They're not much bigger than the figure box anyway. I did keep the most recent one, which is TDKR Batman, but that's all.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Debating whether or not to grab the Lineage II Dark Elf. I don't know much about the source material, but the figure looks pretty impressive. I think I prefer the brown skin one, but the blue is the more authentic color?

Debating whether or not to grab the Lineage II Dark Elf. I don't know much about the source material, but the figure looks pretty impressive. I think I prefer the brown skin one, but the blue is the more authentic color?

Blue-grey was the only skin colour choice during character creation for Dark Elves. I'm not sure where the tan colour came from exactly, maybe Juno Jeong did variants in his artwork for the game.

I would just pick whichever you prefer visually though, since it's a figure and you're not attached to the game at all.

LiK

That makes sense. I'll start keeping those boxes and see how I do on space with that. They're not much bigger than the figure box anyway. I did keep the most recent one, which is TDKR Batman, but that's all.

I tossed them cuz they're so dirty from the warehouses/delivery trucks. Full of dirt or soot.

chrono01

I'd say go with whatever version appeals to you more. You really can't lose either way as they're both incredible.

I'm also not familiar with the source material, but when it comes to figures, I prefer to match the original artwork as closely as possible. In this case, the original artwork used was that of the Blue Elf, although really the only change between the two are the colors. The pose/armor/etc. are exactly the same, so it's not as though they're vastly different.

It also helps that I don't have many Blue-skinned women in my figure collection [actually, now that I look, I have NONE], so at the very least, it will make her a unique piece. :)

LiK

They call the Dark Elf with blue color "regular edition" so that's her original skin tone, imo. Brown is the variant.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, the brown is definitely the variant color... it just looks so good, though.

I was torn in a similar fashion on AlphaMax's Mai Shiranui. Her black/gold variant looks a lot better to me, but there's something special about her traditional colors, too.

Bah, I'm going to have to think it over. I could get both and ultimately sell off whatever I don't want to keep, I suppose.

sky

I would go with the blue version personally, because it looks more unique. But is it possible the alt version would become more rare? I have no idea.

Both look incredible though, so you win either way!

So quick question: how does everyone deal with the (gigantic) figure boxes? Do you guys break them down so they're flat and store them away? Toss 'em? Keep them intact and just hope for the best?

I ask because I have space issues related to my boxes now. :x

So quick question: how does everyone deal with the (gigantic) figure boxes? Do you guys break them down so they're flat and store them away? Toss 'em? Keep them intact and just hope for the best?

I keep them intact and in storage. Faced similar issues with the Joker Enterbay and the Tumbler 1/6th scale. Thankfully, I have garage storage but I'm going to be butting up against storage space issues in the near future as well.

This is definitely a problem. I keep all of mine intact and stored in various closets but they are taking up a lot of space. I'm going to start packing them in large containers and storing them in the attic but I fear the situation will get worse as my collection continues to grow.

I have thought about getting rid of the boxes completely but I just can't bring myself to do it.

My solution is bad. I just have them intact in an otherwise unused room in the house. Despite the fact I can't think of a better way to use the room right now, is still feels wasted and I hate that it is a dumping ground/storage room.

johnsmith

remember me
So pre-orders for her are finally up. Does that mean we'll get some details pretty soon on the Marth Figma and the Tharja scale since they seem to be next in the Nintendo figure line?
Marth is a long ways away since they haven't even shown the sculpt yet. Probably wont see the sculpt until late summer at Wonfes.

We'll probably see a painted Tharja at Wonfes, with preorders going up soon after.

Busaiku

nTqZu1X.jpg

I'm liking the look of this.
Where is my Shusuke though.

Nor me.

But I usually just check the feedback numbers versus how long they've been active. If they have something like a 97% positive rating, with hundreds or thousands of transactions over the past year, then I wouldn't have any issue buying from them. It's the sellers that only have a dozen or so ratings that I'd be wary of.

johnsmith

remember me
Nor me.

But I usually just check the feedback numbers versus how long they've been active. If they have something like a 97% positive rating, with hundreds or thousands of transactions over the past year, then I wouldn't have any issue buying from them. It's the sellers that only have a dozen or so ratings that I'd be wary of.

I've gotten bootleg products (ds games) from people with 98% positive feedback. A lot of people buy stuff not realizing or caring its bootlegged.

Can you link the specific item you're looking at?

Nor me.

Thanks,

It was like 98% with 300.
I was just nervous because I have only ordered from Amazon once and it wasn't from Japan.
also thought not charging for shipping was a little weird.

chrono01

Generally, if the deal is "too good to be true", it probably is.

I understand you not wanting to post the link if there's only one figure remaining and you're afraid that a GAF user might steal it from you, but without knowing the basics it's hard for us to give insight on whether we think it's a bootleg or not. Some figures are bootlegged more than others, unfortunately.

Ugh, I really do hate bootlegs. It's the sole reason why I only shop from AmiAmi/HS/HLJ/Mandarake/etc. and never sites such as Amazon/Ebay/etc. The risk is just far too great. :(

Ugh, I really do hate bootlegs. It's the sole reason why I only shop from AmiAmi/HS/HLJ/Mandarake/etc. and never sites such as Amazon/Ebay/etc. The risk is just far too great. :(

There are a few Amazon sellers I trust (Anime Wild, for example). But other than that, I try to find products with a "Fulfillment by Amazon" notation.

Yay, my Femshep bishoujo is finally shipping. Those of you that have her, how much did you pay?

I got her for $52, but holy mother of fuck the comic retailer I bought her from charged me $17 shipping. o_O Way to jack up the price, guys.

LiK

Yay, my Femshep bishoujo is finally shipping. Those of you that have her, how much did you pay?

I got her for $52, but holy mother of fuck the comic retailer I bought her from charged me $17 shipping. o_O Way to jack up the price, guys.

i see her around for $60 online. haven't bothered jumping on it. $17 shipping is insane. that's like international shipping lol

chrono01

Holy crap, Kongiku is already getting close to $200 on Amazon.
I'm guessing the price will only rise.

Every time she's available on a site she's sold within minutes. Demand for her seems to be insane. This is another Momohime/Samurai 7th Dragon 2020/etc. event, it looks like.

I wish you luck in finding one, LiK. If I see her posted anywhere I'll let you know.

I'm guessing the price will only rise.

Every time she's available on a site she's sold within minutes. Demand for her seems to be insane. This is another Momohime/Samurai 7th Dragon 2020/etc. event, it looks like.

Everytime someone mentions 7th Dragon, I has a sad that I haven't scored a Chelsea yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom