• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really a Nendo person, but man I really love the Total Eclipse ones. Those BETA accessories just sealed the deal for me on ordering both of them.
bfd6eaaf.jpg

947235_454501007966557_55592185_n.jpg

asrttyoxo

Neo Member
^ the biggest mistake was I tossed out alot of the shipping boxes that came with the Hot Toys. I have a few left but not for the ones I want to sell. Would've made it easier for me. I noticed a ton of eBay sellers kept those to resell.

Did you post links to your auctions in case anyone was looking for something and wanted to pay your current prices?

sky

Got these two in today :] ... still waiting for blue!

LX9aOK8.jpg

Pretty fun!

They feel a little more like action figures, than say, figmas. Not quite as detailed, mostly hard plastic, etc... but the sculpts themselves are good, and certainly have the same charm as in the show.

I was pleased to find their articulation is quite good, which makes them very easy to pose! You could definitely get a lot of hilarious positions. So overall, even though they have sort of a cheaper feel than something like a figma, etc... if you're a fan of the show, they will make you smile.

Also... just noticed this on amiami:

vJjVMH8.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-8952

Ahhhhgbablabldalb cute overload!! Omgagaabshbblablf >_<

LiK

I'm guessing the price will only rise.

Every time she's available on a site she's sold within minutes. Demand for her seems to be insane. This is another Momohime/Samurai 7th Dragon 2020/etc. event, it looks like.

I wish you luck in finding one, LiK. If I see her posted anywhere I'll let you know.

thanks man, i need the help D:

Got these two in today :] ... still waiting for blue!

LX9aOK8.jpg

Pretty fun!

They feel a little more like action figures, than say, figmas. Not quite as detailed, mostly hard plastic, etc... but the sculpts themselves are good, and certainly have the same charm as in the show.

I was pleased to find their articulation is quite good, which makes them very easy to pose! You could definitely get a lot of hilarious positions. So overall, even though they have sort of a cheaper feel than something like a figma, etc... if you're a fan of the show, they will make you smile.
Look nice, Im currently waiting for my Red & Blue.
I decided to wait for season 2 Yellow though

TxdoHawk

Yessssss. Finally, after months of watching Ebay search results, I snagged a Golgo 13 Figma. $70, missing the papercraft hotel room (that I would've never, ever been able to assemble, so no loss.)

All those other dudes reselling their $175+ mint in box copies can suck it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Customs isn't too bad. It's the handling fee that gets me. £8 because you decided to charge me. Gee thanks.

This is her price without the discount.

Moeyo Dark Elf (brown) review up.

Ah yeah, I forgot they remove the discount for re-stocks. Makes sense, she'll still sell out. In Hacker's case she looks worth the extra anyway.

Customs isn't too bad. It's the handling fee that gets me. £8 because you decided to charge me. Gee thanks.

Absolutely. The 20% doesn't bother me much, but the £8 for a package with one figure in it really annoys me. Parcelforce handling on EMS is like £13 as well. Plus they're idiots and regularly calculate 20% of the item value plus the shipping so I get some ridiculous total on the invoice.

what did you like about it? everyone told me it was bad.
If you can flash back to 14 years ago, Evangelion was always something people had mixed opinions on.

I thought 3.33 was incredibly ballsy and utterly masterful, and it gave me the same feelings that episode 21-24 gave me.

I think some people just want robo-fights out of the series, but that's a helluva strawman and this is the wrong thread for it.

The figures from it are pretty great though.

BadWolf

what did you like about it? everyone told me it was bad.

Looks damn good visually and the soundtrack is great as usual.

People seem to have a problem with the "mind fuck" and confusion but that was my favorite part, especially knowing that this is a re-telling that is canon (iirc the director said these movies are how Evangelion would have been without budget constraints).

I have seen the series and End of Evangelion many times so this fresher take was much appreciated (not going into detail since I don't want to spoil anything), was pretty much hooked to the screen the entire time.

The wait for the 4th and final movie will be torture -_-

I think so. The lack of shelf space reminds me to only buy what I really like these days. Heh

The worst part of impulse buys for me. "Well, that's more space I'm not getting back without effort on my part." It's like a walk of shame. Not only did I get myself into this situation, but I'm confronted with it again while dealing with the aftermath. Why can't stuff just go away when I don't want it any more? Why does there have to be responsibility? :p

Hi, I'm 12 years old. Nice to meet you.

The worst part of impulse buys for me. "Well, that's more space I'm not getting back without effort on my part." It's like a walk of shame. Not only did I get myself into this situation, but I'm confronted with it again while dealing with the aftermath. Why can't stuff just go away when I don't want it any more? Why does there have to be responsibility? :p

Hi, I'm 12 years old. Nice to meet you.

Bioware mods get him! =P

Edit: Bravery Default creators made some figures with a 3D printer:
BKNqp6LCMAAU0In.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/statuses/334228065569878016
BKMaUf7CQAE_SeG.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/statuses/334139736820170753
BKMZgyYCAAEu2jH.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/334138848416235520

If anyone happens to be interested in a slightly beat-up Enter Brain Selvaria Bles from Valkyria Chronicles, I'm currently selling one on eBay here. I really wish I had known more more about taking care of these figures when I got this one way back when, considering how much a new one of these has ballooned in value.

Perhaps I'll put the proceeds toward a Megahouse Rise.

Bioware mods get him! =P

Edit: Bravery Default creators made some figures with a 3D printer:

I was ragging on DA2 in that $5 thread yesterday, as well :p

RE: 3D printing. GSC answered a question about that in their Reddit AMA the other day:

Hi, I'm akiyama from Good Smile.

About 3D printing, we don't think there are any affection now. But not sure in the future. It depend on technical innovations.

Please see this! http://imgur.com/Jv1uOZH

This is one of Nendoroid design that made by CG sculpting and 3D full color printing at event. We made it 2 days. It is no bad but we can not sale it. still need many improvement.

This is the image that was referred to:

If anyone happens to be interested in a slightly beat-up Enter Brain Selvaria Bles from Valkyria Chronicles, I'm currently selling one on eBay here. I really wish I had known more more about taking care of these figures when I got this one way back when, considering how much a new one of these has ballooned in value.

Perhaps I'll put the proceeds toward a Megahouse Rise.

Oh man, that is unfortunate. In good condition that could fund the entire persona cast. It'll be interesting to see what the final bid is though.

kitsuneyo

Just ordered this from AmiAmi:

I just hope the yen stays this weak. I kind of wish I could pay for this and my Sailor Moon pre-order now, to avoid the price being much higher when I come to actually pay. Think I read that the yen has been artificially weakened by the Japanese government and could get stronger in the next few months.

For all you Hot Toyers out there, this was just announced.

Pretty lame IMO. Especially since they are sitting on so many licenses that have yet to be produced.

I have a pony 3D printed sandstone sculpture, and it's great but it seems unimaginably fragile. It's probably actually much sturdier than it looks, but if that thing falls out of my hands onto the desk it seems like it would shatter.

Ken

Just ordered this from AmiAmi:

I just hope the yen stays this weak. I kind of wish I could pay for this and my Sailor Moon pre-order now, to avoid the price being much higher when I come to actually pay. Think I read that the yen has been artificially weakened by the Japanese government and could get stronger in the next few months.

Stop posting that! If you post it enough I'll break down and buy it, and I don't even play Animal Crossing!

Labrys

Ahhhhhh!
Is it anything like Rune Factory/Harvest Moon? I find those games really boring

Well, It's kinda like Harvest Moon in a way. You're the newly elected mayor of a town, except you're the only human living there. You have a variety of villagers (ones you get are randomized), along with some set NPCs. You get to choose where you live, and then you can spend time fishing, digging for fossils and other things to save money to either upscale your home, or work on Community Projects, which range to shops on the main street to the north of your town to benches, bridges and other smaller-scale things in the town itself.
There's also multi-player. You can open your "gate" (either local or wifi), and let your friends in your town, where they can do things with you, talk to the animals, get some of your fruit, that kinda thing. They can also take a boat with you down to an island where you can play mini games.
Holidays are also included, with events happening on them. Some events are regional, but if you happen to have a friend in that region/with a foreign game, you can go and do the foreign holidays in their town, which are translated to your language.
So, yeah, I guess it is a lot like Harvest Moon, sans the crops and marriage. It does have a certain charm to it HM doesn't, though.

Labrys

Let's visit each other's village and pluck clean of the fruit trees in each others town XD

Not a bad money making strategy, actually! IIRC, delicious foreign fruit goes for $3000 a pop.

But, yes! Once the OT and shiz goes up it'd be fun to trade friend codes with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom