• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with Megahouse Rise and Chie being exclusive? The money isn't usually an issue for me if I like the figure, but their prices are ridiculous. Seems like a dick move to switch to exclusive when Yukiko and Protag were available normally.

What's the deal with Megahouse Rise and Chie being exclusive? The money isn't usually an issue for me if I like the figure, but their prices are ridiculous. Seems like a dick move to switch to exclusive when Yukiko and Protag were available normally.

Likely cause they don't have any series to ride on the tail since the anime's over and all the games have been released, so less likely to sell too well. And plus they can charge premium prices =/

Likely cause they don't have any series to ride on the tail since the anime's over and all the games have been released, so less likely to sell too well. And plus they can charge premium prices =/

Good point about the series not being current. In the Good Smile AMA the other day it was mentioned that japanese consumers are more interested in buying merchandise from new things, but the west are just as interested in old properties.

Like you say though, I'm sure they're also interested in being able to get away with premium pricing for normal figures. Perhaps they didn't make the profit they wanted from Protag and Yukiko.

Ah well, there'll be nice Persona figures in the future. Hopefully Mitsuru gets painted soon.

WOOHOO! Ojamajo Doremi Pop & Hana chan came today (the small one)! They were planned for a release in October 2011, but never made it into reality until now.

I'm only missing Aiko (the blue one), but I cannot find her anywhere except for ebay and those sellers are having ridiculous prices :(

alltogethernowalmost_etxww.png

chrono01

WOOHOO! Ojamajo Doremi Pop & Hana chan came today (the small one)! They were planned for a release in October 2011, but never made it into reality until now.

I'm only missing Aiko (the blue one), but I cannot find her anywhere except for ebay and those sellers are having ridiculous prices :(

alltogethernowalmost_etxww.png
Congrats!

Also, even inside his box, Woody is still a pervert. Look at him eyeing those underage girls...

cajunator

Banned
picked up some figures at an anime convention.

Saber Triumphant Excalibur
Tenshi from angel Beats
Saya from BloodC
Xiaomei the catgirl from Shining Hearts
Menma from ano Hana

Been wanting a couple of these for ages but there were sold out. Sometimes you get lucky.

Bombless

Nah, from Hobby Search. Actually the tracking says it was dispatched from the outward office of exchange on the 11th. I guess that means it did leave the country. So it's probably the belgian shit customs messing up again.

The Hobby Search guys always ship the stuff pretty quickly from my experience. Most of my stuff comes from them.

LiK

Nah, from Hobby Search. Actually the tracking says it was dispatched from the outward office of exchange on the 11th. I guess that means it did leave the country. So it's probably the belgian shit customs messing up again.

The Hobby Search guys always ship the stuff pretty quickly from my experience. Most of my stuff comes from them.

oh, yea, they're pretty good. gotta be customs. hope she gets by with no problems.

chrono01

I'm glad to hear that you were successful in obtaining Kongiku, LiK!

From what I see, she's well-worth 11k. I have a feeling that this one will rise in-price and quickly. I want mine to ship now, but I must remain patient [for the rest of my items to come in-stock ~_~].

Bombless

...I just realised the Yuzuruha pics that were going around were from a garage kit. /wrists

I was so looking forwar to having both kitsunes :(

johnsmith

remember me
Not sure, but it lists the release date as October.
http://main.kotobukiya.co.jp/artfxj/yh/kuwabara.html

Unfortunately I passed on all the other figures when they were in the bargain bin, and now they're at the point where the price is starting to rise.

edit: it looks like Kuwabara is already up. But looking on amazon, it looks like it might be worth it to hold off until the US sellers get them. Like the Bishoujo's they can be had for around $50 with free amazon shipping.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-000025&page=top
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10228319

chrono01

So many Alter delays [although it was to be expected, with 13 scheduled for this month].

Thankfully, Misty was one of them, so at least that lessens the impact [somewhat] on my wallet for this month. I'm also expecting Mai Shiranui [Alpha Max] to be delayed, as well.

If there is, I haven't seen it. They're all varying degrees of terrible. DC Bishoujos are the way to go.

I thought the Braniac one was kind of neat... But they don't look like something I'd really want to spend money on.

I still need to grab the Power Girl bishoujo, anyhow. Huntress is lonely.

johnsmith

remember me
I thought the Braniac one was kind of neat... But they don't look like something I'd really want to spend money on.

I still need to grab the Power Girl bishoujo, anyhow. Huntress is lonely.

FIG-KAI-4050.jpg

iTiPWtgXmLKa3.gif

Definitely grab Power Girl while she's still cheap though. She's one of the best bishoujos.

Bombless

Came home from work to find an email from Hobby Search, telling me that figma Cobra went back up for preorder....1 hour and 15 mins ago.........and it was already too late.

8NGdGg8.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm really hoping that Raidou does well and they do a Demi Fiend and Demonica next.

And by really hope I mean not at all because I don't want to be more poor.

LiK

Whoa, Kongiku shipped from Nippon already. Never had anything ship out this fast before. My only guess is someone canceled their order so it was already packed up. Guess I was really lucky at snagging it. Good thing I checked their site XD

Whoa, Kongiku shipped from Nippon already. Never had anything ship out this fast before. My only guess is someone canceled their order so it was already packed up. Guess I was really lucky at snagging it. Good thing I checked their site XD

Glad that turned out well for you! I have an order with them that's been preparing for a week.

Ken

Thank you for placing an order with AmiAmi!
===============================================================================================================
|Product name |Unit price|Qty. |Sub total |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Nendoroid - Shizue(Preorder) | 2,790 JPY| 1| 2,790 JPY|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: 2,790 JPY

I am weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom