• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

Guys, do you keep the boxes for all your figures? I was doing some cleaning and realized that I literally have no more room for these things. I have two closets full of just boxes for this stuff. The collector in me wants to keep them in case I decide to sell some in the future, but honestly I only buy stuff I truly want and I don't know if I'll ever really get rid of this stuff.

Sideshow has a coupon for today which is $20 off
It's mist13
Not really that great of a deal but it's applicable to anything over $45 so the Play Arts Kai Sam Gideon and Bogey from Vanquish would be a good purchase. My friend owns the Bogey and it looks fantastic in person. It would be 49.99-20+shipping. Pretty decent savings

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901746&ref=learnmore_901746
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901745&ref=learnmore_901745

Guys, do you keep the boxes for all your figures? I was doing some cleaning and realized that I literally have no more room for these things. I have two closets full of just boxes for this stuff. The collector in me wants to keep them in case I decide to sell some in the future, but honestly I only buy stuff I truly want and I don't know if I'll ever really get rid of this stuff.

I would keep them. I'm trying to sell my X-23 for $40 and having trouble because I don't have the box for her anymore :(. I only got one offer which was $20. The packaging can make the difference in after market value by a lot even if it's a local sale.

LiK

get rid of the boxes for figures you really want to keep. while resale value is higher with them, i personally tossed out a ton of boxes for space as well. it felt really good to clear out the space. by the time i plan on reselling my old figures, i won't care about them as much anyway. you could at least flatten the boxes and toss out the junk from inside if you want. i noticed that if a figure still has high demand, they will still sell for a good price loose. the only figures i'm keeping boxes right now are for my 1/6 figures. i keep all the accessories with them.

My wife bought me a P4U Aigis figma

84NzOKt.jpg

I was very disappointed with the Chie figma's size so I gave up on the Persona figmas completely, but this P4U Aigis is awesome. I'm eying up some of the others now...

sca2511

Kongiku restock @ amiami

All of my figures are still in their boxes. Have no idea where I'm going to put the boxes once I display them, it's just going to take up so much room. I don't plan to sell them. Various people tell me that they keep their boxes in a closet or recommend to just throw them away. Not sure if I could just toss them, it sort of feels less complete without it. Same predicament.

Mew2

Neo Member
I throw away the boxes unless they are really nice, in that case I display them in a different area of the room/house.

I've kept all of them so far. I have a room that's literally just got stuff in it that I don't know what to do with. Figures boxes, old computers, arcade sticks, console boxes etc. I figured I would just keep doing that 'til I was forced by space to deal with it. Like you though, I'm now only buying things I really like. I've sold the couple of figures I had that I don't feel strongly about, so it seems like it would be OK to get rid of the boxes at this point. Just need to actually do it :p

Kinda regret canceling Loki but I was kinda full on paying for stuff at the time.

Back on the waiting list. :(

Loki was the one that stood out to me when I first saw the Avengers set. So accurate, such a great expression on his face and the armour looks fantastic.

LiK

Don't end up being hoarders like me. Just dump the boxes if you don't care about them. I kept a ton of boxes flatten for years and they slowly took up space to a point where I had no idea where to store them. Felt so good to just throw them away. If they had nice art, I would just cut those out. Some box art is way too nice not to keep.

Pachimari

The Lili Bishoujo Tekken figure haven't released in the West yet right?

I see Amazon UK have been selling but I think that's the Japanese version?

The Lili Bishoujo Tekken figure haven't released in the West yet right?

I see Amazon UK have been selling but I think that's the Japanese version?

Seems like pre-orders are for June in the UK. A couple of places say July. Either way, not released yet.

My friend(and housemate) literally just suggested this to me. She keeps her favourite birthday cards in a binder like that. I was going to google and see if anybody else had done it with figure boxes.

NotMSRP

Some of us may be interested in your boxes. I would be interested in some of your boxes to replace the ones I have that got damaged during shipping.

sca2511

Don't end up being hoarders like me. Just dump the boxes if you don't care about them. I kept a ton of boxes flatten for years and they slowly took up space to a point where I had no idea where to store them. Felt so good to just throw them away. If they had nice art, I would just cut those out. Some box art is way too nice not to keep.

I'm thinking of doing this, going to try flattening them first and see how I deal with it. Not sure if I should just toss the molded plastic that holds the pieces. If I start collecting some premium statues/figures like Sideshow/Hot Toys, I'd really want to keep those boxes.

For the people that display your statues, what lighting do you use?

I use these bad boys from Ikea. They are L.E.D. so they do not emit heat which could cause damage to your figures and they are a perfect brightness. It is very easy to attach additional lights if needed.

The L.E.D. light strip is also an option. It is much brighter than the lights I listed above.

Here is an example of the light strip in my collection. I will post more when I get home from work tomorrow.

I use these bad boys from Ikea. They are L.E.D. so they do not emit heat which could cause damage to your figures and they are a perfect brightness. It is very easy to attach additional lights if needed.

The L.E.D. light strip is also an option. It is much brighter than the lights I listed above.

Here is an example of the light strip in my collection. I will post more when I get home from work tomorrow.

wow that lighting with the Joker looks great, so glad I get Joker tomorrow. I may also need to hit up Ikea for those lights

LiK

I got the Charming Drossel figma. MFC said that seller I bought it from sometimes sell bootlegs. MFC also didn't list this as having bootlegs available. This looks legit to me. Guess I'm safe? Anything I need to look out for? Anyone else own this?

I wanna know before I give the guy feedback.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/61376

edit: opened her up and she looks legit. too bad her right knee is kinda dirty. ruins the figure.

Labrys

I got the Charming Drossel figma. MFC said that seller I bought it from sometimes sell bootlegs. MFC also didn't list this as having bootlegs available. This looks legit to me. Guess I'm safe? Anything I need to look out for? Anyone else own this?

I wanna know before I give the guy feedback.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/61376

edit: opened her up and she looks legit. too bad her right knee is kinda dirty. ruins the figure.

There are bootlegs of her, but this one looks legit. Paint thinner and/or a damp rag should get rid of the dirty knee.

chrono01

Yeah, it appears Mai Shiranui [Alpha Max] was delayed after all [to June].

That lessens my May 2013 order from 60000 yen to around 42000 yen [thanks to Misty also being delayed]. It's still painful, but not quite as much as it would have been otherwise. :)

Delayed figures...you never can predict where they will land [generally]! It's safe to assume that if it's from ALTER, though, it will be delayed once.
..or twice...or thrice...or...

meijiko

No paint thinner. If it's stubborn, try a magic eraser.

Yeah, it appears Mai Shiranui [Alpha Max] was delayed after all [to June].

That lessens my May 2013 order from 60000 yen to around 42000 yen [thanks to Misty also being delayed]. It's still painful, but not quite as much as it would have been otherwise. :)

Delayed figures...you never can predict where they will land [generally]! It's safe to assume that if it's from ALTER, though, it will be delayed once.
..or twice...or thrice...or...

At this point, I just assume any Alter release dates are bullshit. At the current rate I'm expecting Melty to get delayed to next year...

I do so desperately wish the diorama would fit into the detolf case I have. Love to set it up properly but for now I have to make due:

(I have to pull the two sides inward to make it fit)

As great as the 2.0 sculpt is, it still doesn't hold a candle to the Enterbay figure. That thing is the holy grail of Joker head sculpts, IMO.

chrono01

At this point, I just assume any Alter release dates are bullshit. At the current rate I'm expecting Melty to get delayed to next year...
That might not be a bad estimation. Considering how many delayed releases for 2013 they have, anything is possible.

I do appreciate, however, that they will delay something if it means a lesser product. It can be frustrating to wait, but at least once the product is released, it's usually pretty damn-near perfect.

I do so desperately wish the diorama would fit into the detolf case I have. Love to set it up properly but for now I have to make due:

As great as the 2.0 sculpt is, it still doesn't hold a candle to the Enterbay figure. That thing is the holy grail of Joker head sculpts, IMO.

Very very true. I just can't justify having that large of a figure. The Enterbay T2 is also god tier, but again too big.

chrono01

Anyone ever hear of Alpha Max? I just pre-ordered their new kuroneko figure from amiami.
Alpha Max makes some great stuff.

I would have been tempted to grab both Kirino and KuroNeko [One Piece] versions, but I literally just received the Swimsuit Ver. of them both [from Kotobukiya] a few months ago. ~_~ They do look nice, though.

I'm tempted to pre-order Maou from Kotobukiya, but I want to keep my schedule open for the later part of the year [in-case something AMAZING is announced].

chrono01

^Yeah, I still think they made her tits too big.
Slightly, and it really bothers me that they didn't include her black cape. It really throws me off. -_-

Her chin is also pointed more than the prototype pictures, although it's possible Kotobukiya may fix it before release. Even still...

I have so many pre-orders now that I have to be super-selective over anything I'm not 100% in-love with. This is one of those "I like, but..." situations, although I'm sure it will sell out regardless.

johnsmith

remember me
Amiami preowned got me again. This deal was too good. Couldn't resist.
ITEM:B / BOX:B 4,880
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt - Panty Anarchy - 1/8 (Alter)

Amiami preowned got me again. This deal was too good. Couldn't resist.
ITEM:B / BOX:B 4,880
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt - Panty Anarchy - 1/8 (Alter)

Stop it. Before you have no moneys.

Are they $50 each or $50 for the whole set?
Either way auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh I'm so jealous. The ebay prices will be absolutely crippling.

They also toned down Supergirl's thighs.

Eh. Cute, but can live without.

cajunator

Banned
Anyone ever hear of Alpha Max? I just pre-ordered their new kuroneko figure from amiami.

Yeah I fought valiantly against the buy button but ultimately succumbed to her charms. This is my third Kuroneko figure. I also have a third Kuroyukihime figure on order. The kuros really attract me for some reason.

sca2511

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2013/05/super-best-friends-forever-sdcc-2013-exclusive.jpg
Comic-Con exclusive.
Im buying.
Damn, so cool. Really want.

img

img

img

Joker picture is awesome. I really like the subtle lighting. I don't even know where the light is coming from, haha.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So Alter Akari is now set for a June release. That's going to be an expensive month what with my crazy order for the limited edition nendo Akari.

Looking at the shows I'm currently watching and Good Smiles gimping of figures I may be able to put off buying figures for a while.

Sideshow has a coupon for today which is $20 off
It's mist13
Not really that great of a deal but it's applicable to anything over $45 so the Play Arts Kai Sam Gideon and Bogey from Vanquish would be a good purchase. My friend owns the Bogey and it looks fantastic in person. It would be 49.99-20+shipping. Pretty decent savings

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901746&ref=learnmore_901746
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901745&ref=learnmore_901745

I would keep them. I'm trying to sell my X-23 for $40 and having trouble because I don't have the box for her anymore :(. I only got one offer which was $20. The packaging can make the difference in after market value by a lot even if it's a local sale.
Thank you for posting this! I recently pre-ordered the Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Mark XLII Diecast with the code.

Jube3

Hey Future check this vid out, this guy bought a spare diorama off Ebay and cut the back to fit. Not saying you want to do it, but it shows how it would look in a Detolf in case it interests you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogsd06EbYRs

Cheska

Grrr, why are Play Arts so hard to keep up? I can't get to stand up correctly, and can barely get them to pose like the pictures >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom