• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMSRP

Hm. Are there any of those DC ame-comi figures that don't look like shit?

420968_10151280034079258_33576768_n.jpg

Best looking ame-comi figure is just a prototype with no intention of going into production afaik.

Real shame because my ame-comi figure collection would have gone from 0 -> 1.

TxdoHawk

Duke showed up just in time for the weekend. Woot. (Pardon the dust.)

FHifMBE.jpg

Edit: Here's a bonus shot with Derp Face Ken Shamrock, a.k.a. the best dollar I ever spent at a flea market.

ayWeGho.jpg

Best looking ame-comi figure is just a prototype with no intention of going into production afaik.

FUCK! I was totally ready to insta-buy that shit, too. lol

Ah well, ordered my Bishoujo Power Girl from Amazon. If I hold off any more, she'll end up being $150 by the time I finally decide to buy her.

Also, random - I'd love to see a bishoujo Mera.

I added even more Eaglemoss figures to the collection. I have a sickness, folks.:( I love these freaking things!

Lex Luthor, Steel and Wonder Woman:

Colossus Special Edition next to his sister Illiyana (Magik) for scale:

Sentinel Mega Special Edition next Cyclops (again for scale)

Of course the Sentinel isn't properly to scale as it would weight in freaking ton in lead, but it's freaking huge in comparison to the standard 3.2 inch figures.

I posted the Chess collection previously, here's the other side with the rest of it minus these additions:

johnsmith

remember me
I'm kinda trying to figure out a ballpark dollar amount here.

Then you have to be a lot more specific. A nendoroid or figma would cost a lot less than ultimate madoka. 3 scaled figures could easily hit $60+ though. It's impossible to say. But it'll be a lot, and you'll probably get sticker shock. I've had mandarake charge me 4700 yen just for 2 scaled figures, and I've had amiami charge me 6500 for 2 scaled figures with big boxes, a figma, and a couple of soft vinyl dq monsters. There's no reason you have to ship them all together though. You always have the option of splitting it up and having them mail them separately by sal.

Then you have to be a lot more specific. A nendoroid or figma would cost a lot less than ultimate madoka. 3 scaled figures could easily hit $60+ though. It's impossible to say. But it'll be a lot, and you'll probably get sticker shock. I've had mandarake charge me 4700 yen just for 2 scaled figures, and I've had amiami charge me 6500 for 2 scaled figures with big boxes, a figma, and a couple of soft vinyl dq monsters. There's no reason you have to ship them all together though. You always have the option of splitting it up and having them mail them separately by sal.

Well, I've got Kongiku, Hacker Chelsea, and the Rintaro Okabe (Steins;Gate) re-release. Kongiku is in-stock now, I'm just waiting on the other two. I was kind of expecting to pay somewhere in the $50 range already.

johnsmith

remember me
Well, I've got Kongiku, Hacker Chelsea, and the Rintaro Okabe (Steins;Gate) re-release. Kongiku is in-stock now, I'm just waiting on the other two. I was kind of expecting to pay somewhere in the $50 range already.

It'll depend on whether it goes over 3kg. Up to 3kg, and the most you'll pay is 5400, but if it goes over you'll end up paying the 4 kg price, which is 6800.

http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html

Giolon

Slightly off topic here, but I just picked up Yamashita Shunya's 4th artbook, Beautiful Noise, and it has all most of the Marvel, Mass Effect, Tekken (incl many that haven't been announced as figures yet - Angel is stunning) and one-off Bishoujo illustrations in it, most of them full page. Sadly, none of the DC ones are present, but if you like that line of figures, I definitely recommend picking up this book. Of the places that have it in stock (or short backorder), I think CDJapan is the cheapest. I got it for $43 incl SAL shipping.

sophora

quote for size

• Date set for May 25th (probably 9AM like usual 3A releases) HK Time.
  • Height of the figures: Atlas around 27.5cm (10.8″) and P-Body around 30.5cm (12″).
  • Batteries: Altas & P-Body 1 x CR2 battery for each figure and each Portal gun needs 2 x AG4 batteries.
  • Their Aperture Science Handheld Portal Devices (aka Portal gun) are removable and not attached to their bodies.
  • Torsos can be removed from body frame
  • Eyes can open/close at any time and lights up
  • Prices have not be revealed yet but likely around $200 for Singles and exclusive 2-pack for Bambalandstore.com, no price yet on 2-pack. Most likely will include Worldwide Shipping in final prices

LiK

Man, I would love a Hot Toys 12" Chell figure. It would be glorious. But HT's video game licenses seem to be mainly Capcom.

sca2511

Slightly off topic here, but I just picked up Yamashita Shunya's 4th artbook, Beautiful Noise, and it has all most of the Marvel, Mass Effect, Tekken (incl many that haven't been announced as figures yet - Angel is stunning) and one-off Bishoujo illustrations in it, most of them full page. Sadly, none of the DC ones are present, but if you like that line of figures, I definitely recommend picking up this book. Of the places that have it in stock (or short backorder), I think CDJapan is the cheapest. I got it for $43 incl SAL shipping.

I've been meaning to start picking up some art books, thanks for this.

quote for size

• Date set for May 25th (probably 9AM like usual 3A releases) HK Time.
  • Height of the figures: Atlas around 27.5cm (10.8″) and P-Body around 30.5cm (12″).
  • Batteries: Altas & P-Body 1 x CR2 battery for each figure and each Portal gun needs 2 x AG4 batteries.
  • Their Aperture Science Handheld Portal Devices (aka Portal gun) are removable and not attached to their bodies.
  • Torsos can be removed from body frame
  • Eyes can open/close at any time and lights up
  • Prices have not be revealed yet but likely around $200 for Singles and exclusive 2-pack for Bambalandstore.com, no price yet on 2-pack. Most likely will include Worldwide Shipping in final prices

man these are going to be amazing, sadly I doubt ill be getting them. I have to many other things to pick up on my plate

Whoooo, Finally got my Femshep Bishoujo. They only shipped it, like Wednesday. But it was from the Midwest, and I'm in NY. So now I know why they charged me $17 shipping.

Bombless

Still haven't heard from the illustrious Belgian Post regarding Kongiku. And monday is a holiday which means they will show up probably on tuesday.

With my luck they won't bother ringing and just leave the note, meaning the package won't be available at the post office until the next day.

The funniest thing is even if I answer the door they'll ask for the customs fee to be paid in cash. They don't give change (they don't carry extra cash). Don't have the exact amount? See ya tomorrow at the office! (and of course the amount to pay varies with the package and I suspect with whoever is filing the report at Customs).

LiK

Still haven't heard from the illustrious Belgian Post regarding Kongiku. And monday is a holiday which means they will show up probably on tuesday.

With my luck they won't bother ringing and just leave the note, meaning the package won't be available at the post office until the next day.

The funniest thing is even if I answer the door they'll ask for the customs fee to be paid in cash. They don't give change (they don't carry extra cash). Don't have the exact amount? See ya tomorrow at the office! (and of course the amount to pay varies with the package and I suspect with whoever is filing the report at Customs).

yeesh, your post service sounds really terrible.

Yes Boss!

Yeah,

Love living in the states where customs are not even an issue. Like, it never happens. Ever. The worst I've had was Fedex (two times) had to verify the contents from something overseas. I just told them what it was and how it was gaming items and they released it within 24 hours. They were concerned it was something business related but as soon as I told them it was personal on it went.

But, they have cheap and plentiful exquisite beer in Belgium, so it is all a wash I guess.

Bombless

In order to really understand the depth of fail that this service (and the entire administration along with it) is, one needs to understand our political system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9_nWglRDX0

The video is a few years old but most of it is still up to date. In fact, the central government lost more power in favour of the regions in the last elections won in part by flemish (dutch speaking) separatists.

End of Offtopic.

I am tempted to grab the Play Arts Kai WW. I can't unsee Jennifer Hale's face off that statue. Yes, I'm a fan.

Give me Dante, Vergil and Nolan North. One of those is a joke.

3 of them are a joke if it's the modern DMC. I have such bad memories of the most recent DMC :'(

I am tempted to grab the Play Arts Kai WW. I can't unsee Jennifer Hale's face off that statue. Yes, I'm a fan.

Wow she does look like her :S

Mistral Nereis, Suzuha, and Raven all delayed until "after June".

qdvhsGO.gif

The only pvc statue I have purchased for before SDCC is being delayed T_T. Every single type of pre-ordered statues in my collection except my koto bish's have been delayed before their release. I am jynxed.

Right, time to post my stuff.

I'll do it in a couple of posts

First off my custom Scarecrow. The sculpt on the Hot Toys one didn't have to baggy look from the films and looked too angry. It's by no means perfect but I think it looks more like the mask from the films. I also made a screen accurate fear toxin belt piece, which the Hot Toys version didn't have. I need a better suit for it though.

5rRlAHL.jpg

Next up is my custom Gordon made from a Medicom Jack Shepard. I added the jumper and coat, which I dyed myself. The police badge I made from a mould of the one that comes with the DX01 Joker. I had to sculpt a neck onto the head as it didn't fit the Medicom body at first.

Next up my custom Ra's al Ghul.

The head is from Headplay with a beard and more fitting hair sculpted on. The Cane actually works and is made from a metal pipe and a kabab stick, finally I made a blue poppy and velvet scarf. The gloves are from the lastest T2 Terminator Hot Toys.

And now my real stuff:

rDmLh0O.jpg

DX01 Joker. I considered updating but the coat looks wrong on the new version
UpNvL7N.jpg

Hot Toys Two-Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom