• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

don't know anything about hacker to warrant a preorder.

edit

I want lucifer =/ too late on the PO
I know nothing of the 7th Dragon 2020 series, I just love the artistic style of the figures. So unique, I can't wait to get all of them [next in-line the Hatsune Miku one].

Sorry to hear you missed out on Lucifer. She's been popping up on occasion via re-stocks, so if I see her become available anywhere I'll let you know. There's also a chance when she's released, although you'll likely have to be quick. She seems to sell out pretty fast when she appears anywhere.

Just preordered Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy of the DC Bombshells, where at? Gamestop. They now carry figures via reserve only in-store. $99.99 too, the actual MSRP compared to every comic shop wanting $125+

Hmmmm that's pretty interesting, looks like a lot had changed since I last stepped into a Gamestop

I guess for the regulars it doesn't really matter but I've always been under the impression that not alot of people visit the Community forums. I don't have a single thread subscribed under Community till now.

sca2511

Add another onto the wishlist, I really hope Koto makes a Jean Grey: Marvel Girl Bishoujo. They probably won't though, since she has two statues already. The only good one I can find is made by Bowen Designs and I can't find it anywhere.

900196_press01-001.jpg

edit: Community now eh?

I guess for the regulars it doesn't really matter but I've always been under the impression that not alot of people visit the Community forums. I don't have a single thread subscribed under Community till now.

Well, in this case, not a lot of people are dumb enough to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on hunks of plastic. So it all works out. :D

sky

Wow... I knew it was a big thread, but didn't realize there are over 10,700 replies. Oh myyyyyy!

Dat.... zero suit keeps taunting me. Dat... dat...
I'm not even a metroid player! Gotta stay strong.

Wow... I knew it was a big thread, but didn't realize there are over 10,700 replies. Oh myyyyyy!

Lol, you may as well just go for it. I held out a whole 12 hours before I gave in and placed my order, though you're probably made of sterner stuff than I.

Buy it. Once she gets released, she probably won't ever see another re-release. So down the road when you decide you really need it, then you'll be forced to pay $200, or worse!

So grab her for $60 while you can.

johnsmith

remember me
|(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)Character Vocal Series 03 - Luka Megurine Tony ver. 1/..| 6,780 JPY| 1| 6,780 JPY|
Ok, last one for a while. I've had my eye on this one for a long time.

Also September is going to be absolutely brutal. 2 dark elves, metroid figma, Chie, and Yu and Rise petankos. Though if the elves don't get delayed I'll be amazed.

The Mark VII looks great. Best version so far in my opinion. Better than any of the IM3 stuff as well. I really wish Hot Toys would get around to showing the Heartbreaker though.

Helloween

Hey guys, been a LONG time lurker of this thread, finally got my account :D. Just wondering, showing pictures of collections alright? I fancy showing off what i got (mostly from reading suggestions from here) if thats alright?

And trying to find a decent priced Revy has been a real shit.

Ken

Hey guys, been a LONG time lurker of this thread, finally got my account :D. Just wondering, showing pictures of collections alright? I fancy showing off what i got (mostly from reading suggestions from here) if thats alright?

Of course! No one will mind.

The Mark VII looks great. Best version so far in my opinion. Better than any of the IM3 stuff as well. I really wish Hot Toys would get around to showing the Heartbreaker though.

I dislike something about the helmet/face...

IM3 suits I'd buy are Shotgun and the Deep Space suit. Red Snapper and the Mk42 are runner-ups.

Show those pics man! I enjoy seeing people's collections and displays. I can't wait 'til my stuff is set up properly and worth taking photos of.

Also, if you mean Alter Revy, yeah I don't see her often on the usual pre-owned sites. Cool figure for sure.

sky

Welcome to the insanity... :] it's always fun to see collections. I'd just recommend either showing a few pics (the best), or linking to a gallery if there's a million images.

Helloween

Welcome to the insanity... :] it's always fun to see collections. I'd just recommend either showing a few pics (the best), or linking to a gallery if there's a million images.

Should be like 3 or 4, it's not huge as of yet but i'm getting there :D

Cheers guys, i'll get some pics tonight after work

And yeah, Alter Revy sadly. Only place i've seen it was Ebay, and the prices are insane

LosDaddie

Banned
Photos from Asian bloggers are trickling in for retail release of the Mark VII by Hot Toys.

More here:
https://www.facebook.com/hottoyscommunity?hc_location=stream

Hot Toys-GAF, tell me about the Mk VII. Do you guys think it'll be a great figure?

I know it's not out yet, but it looks a lot better than what HT has shown for IM3..the Diecast series.

I have the HT Avengers Hulk already paid off at my local comic shop. So I'm thinking about getting him an Avengers buddy.

NEO0MJ

So, what's the basic theme behind most people's collection, here? I mostly just collect high end robots, model kits, and Transformers. Haven't bought anything in quite some time, though.

teaser for the next 3A+Valve collaboration

Ha, the mecha-clones. Might pick up one of them.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
181403_10152853208880035_1861774919_n.jpg

There's something off about her face. I think it's her eyes. Still looks great. I'm loving the pose

Is it just me or have the last releases since Jay Cee (so that's what...Shepard and Lili?) been manufactured with faces that just appear "off?"

Still bought though. Kind of hilarious that all that's done to bishoujo-ize the character up is to remove the shorts from the outfit, lol.

Is it just me or have the last releases since Jay Cee (so that's what...Shepard and Lili?) been manufactured with faces that just appear "off?"

Still bought though. Kind of hilarious that all that's done to bishoujo-ize the character up is to remove the shorts from the outfit, lol.

The world of Bishoujos; where pants become shorts and shorts become underwear

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will never understand BBTS's figure markups.

Doesn't matter what the currency rate is at, they mark way up and their shipping costs more and takes longer to release. At least Amazon will get me free shipping

Basically what I'm saying is I ordered Link and Vensaur. I need to find up if Blade is going to be on Amazon. It would have been 90 on BBTS. It's 60 through amiami
Anyone know the quality of RAH? I was thinking about just paying double for this instead of the figuarts
TOY-TOK-1696.jpg

I don't really get figure mark ups at all. In this day and age if your not charging retail, people will wait. Even if it's something hard to find or discontinued everywhere I charge retail. The worst is cons, I hear all the time how people have stuff for $20-30 more than our booth, that's outrageous.

LiK

BBTS is not even as bad as Entertainment Earth. The king of full MSRPs. They're big enough that they can mark up prices for people who don't import from Japan shops.

NEO0MJ

I will never understand BBTS's figure markups.

Doesn't matter what the currency rate is at, they mark way up and their shipping costs more and takes longer to release. At least Amazon will get me free shipping

I still like them, after all they stick to their preorder prices, unlike some stores that raise them if the price of the figure increases. Saved me over $150 because of that once.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
181403_10152853208880035_1861774919_n.jpg

There's something off about her face. I think it's her eyes. Still looks great. I'm loving the pose

The pose and outfit are great. The face is wayyy off. I don't know what happened there. Hopefully a revision is in the works. Just compare it to the original artwork:

xiaoyu-ttt2-yamashita.jpg

I think the eyes and the lips are the wrong expression and the nose is a bit high. They fixed Lili's face for the most part. I remember it looking pretty bad. Hopefully they'll do the same here.

sky

Buy it. Once she gets released, she probably won't ever see another re-release. So down the road when you decide you really need it, then you'll be forced to pay $200, or worse!

So grab her for $60 while you can.

I caved.

Pre-order complete... haha, damn you guys!
You're right. She will probably sell out, and it's a good price compared to what the north american price will be.

Bombless

End of MCM London Day 1, here's what I came back to the hotel with :

VERY happy about Yoko and LaGOWE. And grabbed Black Batgirl because why not. 30£ for Yoko, 25£ for LaGOWE and 44£ for Bats.

Prices were all over the place inside, another shop was selling the same Yoko for twice the price. Momohime was 75£ lol.

The pose and outfit are great. The face is wayyy off. I don't know what happened there. Hopefully a revision is in the works. Just compare it to the original artwork:

xiaoyu-ttt2-yamashita.jpg

I think the eyes and the lips are the wrong expression and the nose is a bit high. They fixed Lili's face for the most part. I remember it looking pretty bad. Hopefully they'll do the same here.

Alright guys we can reduce our fears a bit. One of Kotobukiya's North American representatives confirmed that the picture of the sculpt posted is an old prototype. We will be seeing photographs of the final version in the upcoming week likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom