• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mark VII looks great. Best version so far in my opinion. Better than any of the IM3 stuff as well. I really wish Hot Toys would get around to showing the Heartbreaker though.
Me too. I also can't believe it took them this long to include the angled repulsor hands!

I dislike something about the helmet/face...

IM3 suits I'd buy are Shotgun and the Deep Space suit. Red Snapper and the Mk42 are runner-ups.
The helmet looks perfectly fine to me, and I certainly see Tony Stark in that headsculpt, but it's not quite Robert Downey Jr. I really like the expression though, it'll look great on my Mark IV with the Suit-Up Gantry.

Hot Toys-GAF, tell me about the Mk VII. Do you guys think it'll be a great figure?

I know it's not out yet, but it looks a lot better than what HT has shown for IM3..the Diecast series.

I have the HT Avengers Hulk already paid off at my local comic shop. So I'm thinking about getting him an Avengers buddy.
The Mark VII seems to be the culmination of everything they've learned about making Iron Man figures up until now. An excellent range of posability, accurate proportions, tons of accessories and a top-notch paint job. Unless you don't like the design of the Mark VII, there really isn't a whole lot not to like.

I don't really get figure mark ups at all. In this day and age if your not charging retail, people will wait. Even if it's something hard to find or discontinued everywhere I charge retail. The worst is cons, I hear all the time how people have stuff for $20-30 more than our booth, that's outrageous.
So you own a store? You do realize how abysmal the profit margin can be, right? Sometimes the difference between cost and MSRP is so low one has to wonder how these companies think anyone can make a profit selling the stuff. And then you have to account for all the other additional costs; shipping, any customs or brokerage fees, employees, warehouse or store rent. The money you make is going back into ordering more product, there's hardly any room for actual profit. MSRP is sometimes straight up unfair to retailers, they may NEED to charge more to simply break even.

But of course no one cares how hard manufacturers fuck the retailers because we just want the best deal, right?

So you own a store? You do realize how abysmal the profit margin can be, right? Sometimes the difference between cost and MSRP is so low one has to wonder how these companies think anyone can make a profit selling the stuff. And then you have to account for all the other additional costs; shipping, any customs or brokerage fees, employees, warehouse or store rent. The money you make is going back into ordering more product, there's hardly any room for actual profit. MSRP is sometimes straight up unfair to retailers, they may NEED to charge more to simply break even.

But of course no one cares how hard manufacturers fuck the retailers because we just want the best deal, right?

Sure and it's been a learning experience. The main additional cost at this point is shipping, it sucks, and we might have to change when we open an actual physical store, but I also think it can be done.
And yeah, people don't care, they want the best deal. I'm just enjoying the ride right now. It's been a lot of work, I usually put in about 60-70 hours a week between my current job and running the store, but I'm doing something I enjoy. I don't plan on being a millionaire, but I do plan on making a living at it.

sca2511

End of MCM London Day 1, here's what I came back to the hotel with :

VERY happy about Yoko and LaGOWE. And grabbed Black Batgirl because why not. 30£ for Yoko, 25£ for LaGOWE and 44£ for Bats.

Prices were all over the place inside, another shop was selling the same Yoko for twice the price. Momohime was 75£ lol.
<3 best Batgirl

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I went and ordered one of the Ultimate Madoka figures.

71kTGQ4FgAL._SL1000_.jpg

Did they make way too many of these or something? Because the price was pretty reasonable ($60). Shipping was a pain since it's from Japan, but the price itself surprised me.

So I went and ordered one of the Ultimate Madoka figures.

Did they make way too many of these or something? Because the price was pretty reasonable ($60). Shipping was a pain since it's from Japan, but the price itself surprised me.
Where'd you pick it up from, if you don't mind me asking?

Amazon seller. Had good feedback.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0089IW922/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I didn't get screwed, did I?

SWEET BABY BALLS, that shipping! I thought you meant $60 total.

I have a friend who got burnt twice with bootlegs on amazon. He got a refund but because of how refunds work, he wasn't able to leave feedback.

But then, if you can't tell it's a bootleg, then what's the difference, especially if it's significantly cheaper. NOT TO MAKE YOU NERVOUS FOR THE SEVERAL WEEKS IT TAKES TO SHIP.

Ken

Portal pack reminds me I bought a bunch of TF2 hats specifically for Portal 2 coop and never played much of it in the end lol.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wow, Noel looks pretty good though the small torso throws off proportions a bit. I'll consider the 2P color later after Labrys info comes out.

Tier takes pretty flattering pictures. Does a good job at bringing out a figure's features.

Looks like I missed the chance to get the Labrys figma. If the price is right, I might just go for this 1/8 scale figure.

Ken

Tier takes pretty flattering pictures. Does a good job at bringing out a figure's features.

Looks like I missed the chance to get the Labrys figma. If the price is right, I might just go for this 1/8 scale figure.

Nippon-Yassan usually gets restock of the default colors Labrys figma and they have the alt color figma in stock. I'm waiting on details for Mega's Labby first before I buy multiple figures of the same character.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nippon-Yassan usually gets restock of the default colors Labrys figma and they have the alt color figma in stock. I'm waiting on details for Mega's Labby first before I buy multiple figures of the same character.

It would be my first figma. I have no problem with figmas, and they're wildly popular for a reason, but I've never had a burning desire to make my own character poses. Labrys' design lends itself really well to the articulated look of figmas, though.

Ken

It would be my first figma. I have no problem with figmas, and they're wildly popular for a reason, but I've never had a burning desire to make my own character poses. Labrys' design lends itself really well to the articulated look of figmas, though.

Yeah, I'm not big on figmas either but seeing some of the pictures of it in this thread makes me want one of her.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, I'm not big on figmas either but seeing some of the pictures of it in this thread makes me want one of her.

Alright, I signed up for the in-stock notifications at Nippon-Yasan. Thanks!

Now I can wait for info on the Megahouse version's price, and figure out which way I want to go.

I've never purchased from anywhere except Amazon domesitcally and AmiAmi via import. How is Nippon-Yasan with shipping and shipping speed?

johnsmith

remember me
I've never purchased from anywhere except Amazon domesitcally and AmiAmi via import. How is Nippon-Yasan?

I've ordered from them a couple of times, and they've been fine. I like them because they're one of the few shops that will let you order exclusives and not require payment up front.

Do bootlegs usually still come from Japan, or do they usually originate with other country sellers?
If you order from a reputable Japanese seller (amiami, mandarake, etc) the risk of bootlegs is nil. But shady western/Chinese/HK shops, ebay, and amazon are risky, and I'd never buy a figure that's known to have been bootlegged (check mfc to see if it has) from them.

Ken

Alright, I signed up for the in-stock notifications at Nippon-Yasan. Thanks!

Now I can wait for info on the Megahouse version's price, and figure out which way I want to go.

I've never purchased from anywhere except Amazon domesitcally and AmiAmi via import. How is Nippon-Yasan?

I've never bought anything from NY before but johnsmith recommended them (I think) and he seems like a trustworthy guy so yeah.

Edit: See!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom