• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

What's the tweezer technique? Is it to use tweezers to remove the peg? Been trying to use tweezers to take it out, but there's very little leeway, this is going to be a difficult one.

yea, basically that. OR you could grab a thumbtack and stick it in and pull it out that way. worked for me a few times. if the peg/hole is too hard then stick it into hot water and let the plastic soften enough to get into it.

just ordered yamato's kneesocks (and subsequently wu-tang clan's enter the wu-tang on vinyl, gonna be such a random package lol) can't wait for her to come in.

Just got back from Anime North, picked up these beauties while I was there:

GKTOoVb.jpg

qtSo1hz.jpg

gDG3Sdi.jpg

2qrM8Jj.jpg

Debating whether or not I should open the Mass Effect ones.

SUPARSTARX

oh man, just sold my Hot Toys Two-Face for only $40 less than the BIN. that dude understood what Best Offer means. felt good to reject the previous offer where some dude tries to offer me over $100 less than the BIN i posted. getting the hang of this.

edit: aw snap, he also paid already. great buyer.

highly recommend the tweezer techinique.

How much did you let go Two Face for?

johnsmith

remember me
just ordered yamato's kneesocks (and subsequently wu-tang clan's enter the wu-tang on vinyl, gonna be such a random package lol) can't wait for her to come in.
Good choice on the Kneesocks, she is really really great.

Would love to see them make the rest of the p&s cast, as they're better than alter's versions.

LiK

How much did you let go Two Face for?

$440. not bad considering there's a long crease on the slipcover. i pointed that out in item description and was worried about it not selling. this might be the biggest profit i ever made on eBay for a single item so it felt good.

chrono01

Nicely done, Kneesocks looks amazing.

I'm still waiting on Orchid Seed to release their Panty Anarchy. It's been FOREVER, but we still get updates every now and then so it's definitely not cancelled.

Also, Yagyu Gisen figure is on-sale at HS for 3,900 yen! I paid full price for her, and she's stunning.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10189907

chrono01

^ wow, playing with her panties....
She's just getting ready to fight demons. Or, at least, that's the story I'm going with. Given her personality, it could be something entirely different.

I was thinking of posting shots from other angles, but it wasn't exactly SFW. :(

Giolon

I was inspired by the collections photos to post some of my own! My collection is in basically two parts - the shelf above my computer, and an Ikea detolf cabinet.

Sorry for the dust on the bottom shelf, I didn't get to cleaning it yet and good daylight is running out!

Above Computer, Top:
D-Arts Mega Man X Full Armor Ver, Zero, Yamato Velvet, Alter Gwendolyn, Momohime, Kongiku, SOTA Chun-Li

Above Computer, Bottom:
Yamashita Shunya's MC Nose Art Girl, Bishoujo Power Girl, Sen (Ghibli Museum exclusive), GSC Zero Suit Samus, Bishoujo Wonder Woman, Shuraki Nida
(my first figure!)

Detolf Top:
Kotobukiya Lum Hanshin Tiger's ver, VN 02 Hatsune Miku, Max Factory Megurine Luka, Alpha x Omega Sheryl Nome

1st Shelf:
Queen's Blade Risty, Kotobukiya Yamamoto Isoroku, E2046 Yamashita Shunya Karin, Kaiyodo Lum Bottle Topper

2nd Shelf:
Bishoujo Poison Ivy, ebCraft Selvaria Bles (most expensive figure, picked up at release), Alpha x Omega Neliel Tu Oderschvank

3rd Shelf:
Queen's Blade Rebellion Vingt/Vante, Sigui/Shiggy, Megahouse Klan Klang Armored Ver

Bottom Shelf:
ebCraft Koyori, Queen's Blade Shizuka, Megahouse Matsumoto Rangiku, Alpha x Omega Tia Harribel, Queen's Blade Tomoe

Not shown:
Yamato Shunya Rei Ver 2 and Asuka (on a separate shelf)
Bishoujo Liara and Commander Shepard
Bishoujo Ms Marvel, Catwoman (both boxed unopened)
Bishoujo Christie Monteiro (boxed)
Kotobukiya Alicia Melchiott (boxed)
Kotobukiya Mitsuru Kirijo (boxed)
Alter Swimsuit Selvaria Bles (Both Black & White Ver)
Volks' Kaguya Nanbu, Suzuka-hime, Aschen Brodel
Diabolus Inclinatus
Code of Princess Solange
figma Lum, Megurine Luka, Koyomi Araragi, Senjougahara Hitagi
Play Arts Kai Chun-Li, Cammy (boxed)

On my desk at work:
Bishoujo Jaina Solo
Alter Selvaria Bles Valkyria Ver
Alter Aigis Illustration Ver
D-Arts Persona 3 Thanatos
D-Arts Wild Tiger, Barnaby Brooks Jr., Rock Bison, Sky High, Origami Cyclone
figma Link, Samus, Pit, Aigis, Labrys, Aigis Persona 4 Arena ver
D-Arts Mega Man X, Zero (X2 ver)

Giolon

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

Oh my god I want that Princess Mononke statue.
how much did you pay?

What!? I don't take ebay prices to equal street value. But the thing is about a decade old, so who knows?

Link?

I bought it at the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka about 5.5 years ago, which I guess technically makes this my first figure (but I always think of more as a art-souvenir). It cost 8000 yen at the time, which I thought was an absurd price to pay for a piece of plastic, but I knew I would be eternally sad if I left Japan without it.

On the price, a buddy of mine picked it up 2nd hand at Nakano Broadway Mandarake in November for 18900 yen, about $250 at the time.

I bought it at the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka about 5.5 years ago, which I guess technically makes this my first figure (but I always think of more as a art-souvenir). It cost 8000 yen at the time, which I thought was an absurd price to pay for a piece of plastic, but I knew I would be eternally sad if I left Japan without it.

Just curious, what does yours say on the bottom as far as manufacturer and copyright date?

chrono01

Do you just, like, buy anything they put up for pre-order? lol

I see so much stuff that looks cute, or neat, or whatever, but that I find I don't actually need to order. Now that aside, where is my god damned Megahouse Labrys?
Pretty much!

I do show some restraint, though, it's just unfortunate that a lot of the current releases appeal to me. This is Max Factory, too, so it's not as though I can wait until release and then decide. Their figures have a tendency to sell out and rise in-price...quickly. >_<

I know, it's a sickness. I have come to terms with it!

My wallet, on the other hand...

Hmm. Fate/EXTRA CCC Caster.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-000210&page=top

I have and like the regular Fate/EXTRA version, but I don't know about this one. Maybe if it's on sale later.
FIGURE-000210_01.jpg

Same here.

I own the original and I think I actually prefer it. The outfit on this one is nice, but I like the face on the prior release better and her breasts are a lot more..."realistic" with that one. It also helps that she has a fun/playful pose, but this one isn't "bad" by any means.

If I didn't have the original, I'd purchase this one. But since I do...

I'll pass.

See Freezasaurus! I can hold back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom