• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

sca2511

Seems like I'm going to have to use the technique that radiantdreamer uses. I tried superglue and even some epoxy, Gwendolyn would start to lean and wouldn't even balance on the base. Worst part is that some of the paint on the sole of her foot began to come off.

no214-nendoroid-sonic-the-hedgehog-reissue.jpg

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/figurines-others/5247-no214-nendoroid-sonic-the-hedgehog-reissue.html
The Nendoroid Sonic the Hedgehog is getting a reissue, I'm tempted lol XD

So last week I learned be careful what you wish for. My wife has really been getting into anime lately so she's been looking at my figures more and more. Last week she started talking to me about them, why I collected them, how I picked the ones I have, etc. Was a fun conversation, great to see her excited to learn about my hobby and express her new found enjoyment of anime (she digs shows like Bamboo Blade, Haruhi, Bodacious Space Pirates, etc). So she just finished watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica last week, thats what prompted all this, and found a figure of Haruma she loved.
So... now I've got that figure ordered and she's eyeing some of the JoJo figures to get some sexy mens to compete for shelf space against my sexy ladies. It's implied that we'll be sharing the figures budget now.

Also, if anyone sees a good price on a Shadow Dio let me know:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-4510

Rootbeer

Banned
anyone know where i can get a mafex spider-man for close to msrp? no way i'm paying the $90 most ebay sellers want... it's a brand new figure!

Hoping amiami will restock...

Blusby

Arararara~ There's gonna be a Meiya figure, I may very well get it. It's about time a Muv-Luv figure was made from the original trilogy.
143936_zpsf39fa885.jpg

Blusby

Is all the weight going to be on her hair? That sounds dangerous...

Indeed, i'm hesitant on reserving it because it looks so unstable. I wish they made a clear extension off the base into a peg in her back or something to help support the weight.

AHHHHH!!!! I missed getting my package with Hacker Chelsea and friends today. I'll have to pick it up at the post office after work tomorrow. :(

Arararara~ There's gonna be a Meiya figure, I may very well get it. It's about time a Muv-Luv figure was made from the original trilogy.
143936_zpsf39fa885.jpg

Where have you been? I ordered that shit as soon as she went up on AmiAmi.

PA has that Hentai Prince and Stony Cat figure open for preorder. But she's marked up $20 and with shipping she's gonna cost $20 more for me. I may pass and just hope one of the import sites will restock.

http://www.play-asia.com/The_Hentai...re_Tsuts/paOS-13-71-8x-49-en-70-6elf-4-6.html

Yeah, too much. I put a figinstock alert on her for AmiAmi and HLJ, and I'll leave it at that.

Blusby

Aha, last time I checked she was just an unpainted piece. Then I saw this online, now do I cancel the Yamamoto Rei figure for her or keep the Yamamoto? One is balanced on her gundam head and the other has a fragile looking hair antena.

Aha, last time I checked she was just an unpainted piece. Then I saw this online, now do I cancel the Yamamoto Rei figure for her or keep the Yamamoto? One is balanced on her gundam head and the other has a fragile looking hair antena.

I'm getting both. But if I had to choose one, Yamamoto would get the nod. Easily.

gokieks

The Rei Yamamoto figure looks like it's higher quality, but Meiya is... Meiya. I have way more emotional attachment to her character, and I've waited so long for a good figure of her that there's no contest.

(The correct answer is to buy both.)

Thanks to Jube3 for the idea of buying an extra Diorama from the Joker 2.0 figure and using it to cut it to fit into the Detolf. I got a complete set for $20 on Ebay and no more turning the backdrop flaps inward to make it fit!

imaL60YdI9BDQ.jpg

chrono01

EMS shipping kills the deal.
Yeah, her box is pretty massive.

Even still, this is basically 50% off of her price, so if anyone was interested, it's still a good deal. I paid full price for her, and while EMS was painful, I'm still happy regarding the purchase.

It's that dynamic pose! The box is needlessly filled either, the figure is just that massive.

Sold Out anyway. :(

Bombless

I'm so happy that I feel nothing toward beautiful figures from series/games I have no link with/never played.

Otherwise you'd have me thrown out in the street Chrono!

chrono01

I'm so happy that I feel nothing toward beautiful figures from series/games I have no link with/never played.

Otherwise you'd have me thrown out in the street Chrono!
It is a dangerous situation. As long as you remain strong, you should be fine.

...maybe...

Do not let your guard down!

But at least you wouldn't be lonely!
Why is it that the figures come in cardboard boxes?

Answer: So you can fashion shelter out of them [once you lose your house due to over-spending]!

Well, it's hasn't reached that point yet, but believe it or not, I have decided to *gasp!* cut down slightly on my purchases.

Case in-point...

Saber Alter is up for pre-order at HS! I will not bite, however, I have enough Saber's as it is [although this is the Alter version, I have the Maid Ver. of her so I do not crave another].

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10229546

See Freezasaurus. I am showing restraint!

meijiko

I'm so happy my ebay sales went well. I get to pay off my ~$400 AmiAmi order without anything coming out of my bank account yaaay.

chrono01

I'm so happy my ebay sales went well. I get to pay off my ~$400 AmiAmi order without anything coming out of my bank account yaaay.
I love it when that happens.

I had a string of good sales last year. I was able to drift through around two months of my AmiAmi orders before running out of funds.

Of course, Paypal currency is still currency, but it's money I wouldn't have had if I didn't sell those items, so it still feels like a "win" to me.

Bombless

But at least you wouldn't be lonely!

I certainly have enough waifus to last a while and enough cartboard for a small tent (with windows thanks to those clear plastic pieces)!

Debating whether I should delay sleep after this nightshift to go and pick Kongiku up in 4 hours. Also need to unbox Yoko and Bats.

Decisions, decisions!

Bombless

I really don't like it. The face is completely off and the position, while really in the spirit of the character, really doesn't work imo.

Keep seeing beautiful figures that are either a: way too pricy for me or b: after reading reviews, are no good. Bah

Also, has anyone else ordered that Bayonetta figure? (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ords=Bayonetta$pagemax=100$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1)

I've got that Bayonetta pre-ordered from ages ago. I think the pose is awesome. The face definitely looks like a Kotobukiya bishoujo or something more than a true version of Bayonetta, but overall I think the figure will still look great in a display, which is what I care about. She looks more dynamic and unique than a lot of figures, so I'm still looking forward to getting her. Delayed 'til June at this point though, I think.

Can anyone help me find the Revoltech Danboard Figure? I know they will release a reprint in mid-august, but I cant really wait that long, since I am not sure if I am still in Germany at that point.

The only things I find are expensive amazon or ebay-sellers, then chinese taobao, who wanna charge you 20€ for shipping and one broken one at here:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-621744.html

I still wanna get it for about 20-25€, since the normal price is 2100yen and the mid-august one will also be about 17€ at amiami...

Helloween

I've got that Bayonetta pre-ordered from ages ago. I think the pose is awesome. The face definitely looks like a Kotobukiya bishoujo or something more than a true version of Bayonetta, but overall I think the figure will still look great in a display, which is what I care about. She looks more dynamic and unique than a lot of figures, so I'm still looking forward to getting her. Delayed 'til June at this point though, I think.

Yeah thats what i thought. She would look great. Now it's just...where to put her.

I really don't like it. The face is completely off and the position, while really in the spirit of the character, really doesn't work imo.

Yeah i can see why you think that. I gotta have all the Bayonetta bit's though. She can go next to her Gun!

Helloween

Ooo he looks awesome. I said to myself i wasn't going to pre order link (what with Samus and the Lineage Elf in Sept) but i think that settles it. Ugh. 3000 isnt that bad for that quality :D

mrkgoo

Ooo he looks awesome. I said to myself i wasn't going to pre order link (what with Samus and the Lineage Elf in Sept) but i think that settles it. Ugh. 3000 isnt that bad for that quality :D

He's pretty cool I guess, but I'm not that much of a collector, so I probably wouldn't pay more than US$50 myself. I AM a die-hard Zelda fan though, so I suppose I'm pretty lucky it was given to me as a gift.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I thought about ordering the re-release of Link but I still hate his face for some reason. They should just make a nendo Link to the Past Link with pink hair.

wow, Hulk is huge....he might take up one whole Detolf shelf...

He's 17inches last I checked the specs on him. About Iron Monger size so you'll have to remove a shelf in the Detolf to fit him.;)

I just hate the joints on him. It seems like a strange thing to complain about but it's always been a thing for me with unclothed figures. Nothing they can really do about it, but yeah...

LiK

He's 17inches last I checked the specs on him. About Iron Monger size so you'll have to remove a shelf in the Detolf to fit him.;)

I just hate the joints on him. It seems like a strange thing to complain about but it's always been a thing for me with unclothed figures. Nothing they can really do about it, but yeah...

oh man, i wish Detolf shelves were adjustable in height.

oh man, i wish Detolf shelves were adjustable in height.
1/8″ rope clips. You can get them at a local hardware store. Saw this posted over at Dida Displays and it works relatively well if you want to make adjustments. They grab onto the support rods in the Detolfs:

ibh9y1EpGeo5Zx.jpg

i3mny7HQnL379.jpg

Giolon

I received my Art Spirits Catherine and Katherine today from Otacute. I'm definitely glad I got them at such a discounted price ($25.90 each). They are relatively small, like the early Marvel Bishoujos, but the detail on them is surprisingly nice. Catherine especially looks better than she does in the photographs I've seen. I am a little worried about Katherine b/c she only stands on one foot and has a single peg holding her in place.

LiK

1/8″ rope clips. You can get them at a local hardware store. Saw this posted over at Dida Displays and it works relatively well if you want to make adjustments. They grab onto the support rods in the Detolfs:

ibh9y1EpGeo5Zx.jpg

i3mny7HQnL379.jpg

wow, cool idea. i wonder how stable they are. will check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom