• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

what did you order

- Oboro Muramasa - Kongiku
- Haganai - Sena Kashiwazaki
- Senran Kagura -Shoujotachi no Jinei- Ikaruga
- Sword Art Online - Asuna -Aincrad
- ARTFX J - Trigun the Movie: Badlands Rumble: Nicholas D. Wolfwood
- 7th Dragon2020 - Hacker (Chelsea)
- DezaJacket - Haganai NEXT iPhone5 Case & Protection Sheet Design 02: Sena Kashiwazaki

So yeah, I kind of expected the shipping price. >_<

Also:

Deep Sea Hatsune Miku up at AmiAmi for 11,800 yen. >_<

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de..._preorderitem=1$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

That price!

- Oboro Muramasa - Kongiku
- Haganai - Sena Kashiwazaki
- Senran Kagura -Shoujotachi no Jinei- Ikaruga
- Sword Art Online - Asuna -Aincrad
- ARTFX J - Trigun the Movie: Badlands Rumble: Nicholas D. Wolfwood
- 7th Dragon2020 - Hacker (Chelsea)
- DezaJacket - Haganai NEXT iPhone5 Case & Protection Sheet Design 02: Sena Kashiwazaki

The first step is always admitting that you have a problem. ;)

Hi guys, long time lurker. Thanks for all the deals you post, it's helped me greatly. Finally got approved.

Don't get banned. :p

chrono01

The first step is always admitting that you have a problem. ;)

I HAVE A PROBLEM!

There, Step One completed! What's Step Two? Buying more figures? WILL DO!

*chrono01 heads quickly to AmiAmi*

I feel bad, I pre-ordered Deep Sea Ver. Hatsune Miku. That pretty much defeats my figure-budget for December, though.

johnsmith

remember me
I HAVE A PROBLEM!

I feel bad, I pre-ordered Deep Sea Ver. Hatsune Miku. That pretty much defeats my figure-budget for December, though.

Don't worry about it. There's absolutely a zero chance she makes the December release date. She's guaranteed to be delayed.

chrono01

Don't worry about it. There's absolutely a zero chance she makes the December release date. She's guaranteed to be delayed.
Haha, that's true.

If GSC makes her December 2013 deadline, it would mean the world is ending, hence paying the cost of the figure would be the least of my worries [you know, with the sky falling/zombies eating our flesh/etc.].

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So, against my better judgment and my budget, as well as despite being relatively new to figure collecting and completely unfamiliar with the source material, I purchased a pre-owned AlphaXOmega's Villetta Nu:

8734715065_dd6967e681_b.jpg
8735832908_e4a54604df_b.jpg

I remember seeing her a while ago on Tier's blog http://www.tentaclearmada.com/2009/07/villetta-nu-from-code-geass/ (potentially NSFW). I always found the figure particularly striking, perhaps due to the color scheme. When I started collecting a few months ago, she was kind of hard to find at a reasonable price. When I saw someone selling on mfc.net, I decided to jump on it, even though I probably shouldn't have. :p

For you play arts fans: MGS2 Raiden and Liquid Snake are up.

I HAVE A PROBLEM!

The late release date made it all too easy to pull the trigger. We can feel bad together! Only about the price though, the figure is excellent.

I also agree that Hot Toys make other prices seem much more acceptable. As does building computers and a few other hobbies I have :p

So, against my better judgment and my budget, as well as despite being relatively new to figure collecting and completely unfamiliar with the source material, I purchased a pre-owned AlphaXOmega's Villetta Nu:

I remember seeing her a while ago on Tier's blog http://www.tentaclearmada.com/2009/07/villetta-nu-from-code-geass/ (potentially NSFW). I always found the figure particularly striking, perhaps due to the color scheme. When I started collecting a few months ago, she was kind of hard to find at a reasonable price. When I saw someone selling on mfc.net, I decided to jump on it, even though I probably shouldn't have. :p

that one cost a lot I believe. I like the character design for some reason. The hair and the eyes are just a great combination imo.

Ken

That's ok. I don't remember her doing anything noteworthy in the show.

Jube3

Hey Jube, didn't know you're a fellow collector ;)

Yea man, I collect cars, gunpla and superhero(sideshow/hot toys) stuff mainly.

Thanks again for the recommendation on the extra diorama for Joker 2.0. It feels good to have it look right in my Detolf.

Awesome man, glad it worked out. I definitely know the feel of getting the detolf setup just the way you want it. I spent way to much time getting my cap setup and lit how I wanted.

8839810676_f01e73998b_z.jpg

LiK

^ whoa, i like that Cap pose. maybe i'll copy you.

i notice you're in Boston too. lemme know if you're looking for anything cuz i've been selling stuff from my collection. probably easier to sell to a local Gaffer. PM me anything you're looking for.

meijiko

Sigrid of the Thorn starting to ship? Received a notice of payment from Hobby Search.

Yup! She's the last thing to come in stock for my May Amiami order, so I'm expecting a payment request sometime tomorrow.

I'm actually looking forward to her the most out of the whole order.

Jube3

^ whoa, i like that Cap pose. maybe i'll copy you.

i notice you're in Boston too. lemme know if you're looking for anything cuz i've been selling stuff from my collection. probably easier to sell to a local Gaffer. PM me anything you're looking for.

Will do! For the pose I used a twist tie and slide it through the shield straps so it stays up, the twist tie rests on the front clip of the hot toys stand.

congrats. i've seen her in person and she's great.

Hot Toys are definitely a slippery slope, having bought or pre-ordered all the Avengers ones and Dark Knight Rises (with some Joker 2.0 thrown in). I did cancel my pre-order for Snake Eyes. Figured that even though he is a bad ass Ninja, I havent seen any of the GI Joe movies and couldn't care less about the other Hot Toys Joes in the series.

I did pre-order both Atlas and Peabody 3A figs.

Oh god, My wallet misses just collecting Hasbro Marvel and Star Wars figures.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The good thing about Hot Toys, I guess, is that you don't buy so many! Where as stuff like figuarts I do the constant 'oh it's just 30. oh it's just 50. oh it's just 30.'

The good thing about Hot Toys, I guess, is that you don't buy so many! Where as stuff like figuarts I do the constant 'oh it's just 30. oh it's just 50. oh it's just 30.'

This is true. The real danger is in fact how cheap everything else becomes by comparison.

"11k yen? Well, at least it's not 28k."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm thankful I don't have any friends with medicom/sideshow stuff. Because I know if I saw it in person, it would be all over.

I hope RAH Link isn't a gateway thing for me. So far it's the only Medicom figure I've felt compelled to order. With any luck it will stay that way :p

LiK

Hot Toys are definitely a slippery slope, having bought or pre-ordered all the Avengers ones and Dark Knight Rises (with some Joker 2.0 thrown in). I did cancel my pre-order for Snake Eyes. Figured that even though he is a bad ass Ninja, I havent seen any of the GI Joe movies and couldn't care less about the other Hot Toys Joes in the series.

Thankfully, if you regret it or don't want them anymore they're worth a good chunk of change. Seems like prices go way up for them even if they were displayed. One of the few toy lines that are always worth more than retail in the secondhand market from what I've seen.

Thankfully, if you regret it or don't want them anymore they're worth a good chunk of change. Seems like prices go way up for them even if they were displayed. One of the few toy lines that are always worth more than retail in the secondhand market from what I've seen.
Yep. I have no interest in selling mine but they retain value extremely well. Very easy to get a return on. It's the argument I make with my wife to allow me to buy more often than not.

"Honey, if I get it now it'll only be $300 as opposed to $500 down the line!"

That works.........
sometimes

LiK

Yep. I have no interest in selling mine but they retain value extremely well. Very easy to get a return on. It's the argument I make with my wife to allow me to buy more often than not.

That works.........
sometimes

Hehe, the good news is that your statement is true.

I need to find some good boxes to ship my Hot Toys. I like to ship Priority Mail and the price increase dramatically if it's 18" or larger with width.

I need to find some good boxes to ship my Hot Toys. I like to ship Priority Mail and the price increase dramatically if it's 18" or larger with width.
I always keep the boxes they arrive in for just that eventuality. Not that I ever plan on selling as mentioned but I liked to be prepared.

That works.........
sometimes

The same argument works when I'm negotiating with myself. I don't use the term of endearment though :p

I'm thankful I don't have any friends with medicom/sideshow stuff. Because I know if I saw it in person, it would be all over.

We had the Eva 1 Wonderfest 3rd Impact and Eva 1 2.0 Real Action Heroes for ACEN. They are amazing, and once you see them in person, it's hard to say no. RAH figures have really improved over the years. I have been tempted so many times to start a Kamen Rider Ichigo/ Shocker shelf.

LiK

I always keep the boxes they arrive in for just that eventuality. Not that I ever plan on selling as mentioned but I liked to be prepared.

Sometimes I buy them from other retailers so they don't have the brown box or I tossed them a while ago.

Man...it sucks when you gotta sell some of your collection for quick dosh...

Very true. Space is also a big issue which is why I'm selling some of them now. Might as well sell them while prices are still good for them. Not gonna lie, making a big profit plus clearing out space feels pretty damn good.

Very true. Space is also a big issue which is why I'm selling some of them now. Might as well sell them while prices are still good for them. Not gonna lie, making a big profit plus clearing out space feels pretty damn good.

I just let my Iron Man Mark 3 go in favour of picking up one of the newer suits. I doubt I would have have sold it if I'd opened it back when I got it, but since I did sell, the profit certainly wasn't unwelcome.

Also, this just came in:

LosDaddie

Banned
once you see them in person you'll be shocked at how good they look. sometimes better than the promo shots.

I sure hope you're right. I think Hulk and Iron Man will set the bar pretty high if they live up to my hype.

I could see this happening with me, if there were any other Hot Toys that caught my eye. Maybe one of the Man of Steel figures will...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom