• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky

Also, this just came in:

aKOQ6RN.jpg

Ohhhhhh... nice.

How does she look? I've been waffling on that figure for ages.

Ohhhhhh... nice.

How does she look? I've been waffling on that figure for ages.

I agree with the guys above. I'm really impressed. Definitely one of my favourite figures that I own. I considered the 1/8 Aegis that Alter did which looks nice as well, but this one being based on one of Soejima's best Persona art works sealed the deal. I'd say pull the trigger if you can find a price you're cool with.

chrono01

The late release date made it all too easy to pull the trigger. We can feel bad together! Only about the price though, the figure is excellent.
I'll agree there! The figure definitely looks amazing, and to me, worth the price. I'm just happy that she isn't being released soon. I can at least plan around her and budget accordingly!

BTW, nice job with the acquisition of Alter's Aegis. She's a beauty!

BTW, in your photo of her I can see the boxes for Samurai/7th Dragon 2020 [AMAZING!] underneath, Saber Triumphant Excalibur to the left [INCREDIBLE!], and...I'm not sure on the lower-left one, perhaps Hacker/7th Dragon 2020?

Nice collection!

I'll agree there! The figure definitely looks amazing, and to me, worth the price. I'm just happy that she isn't being released soon. I can at least plan around her and budget accordingly!

BTW, nice job with the acquisition of Alter's Aegis. She's a beauty!

BTW, in your photo of her I can see the boxes for Samurai/7th Dragon 2020 [AMAZING!] underneath, Saber Triumphant Excalibur to the left [INCREDIBLE!], and...I'm not sure on the lower-left one, perhaps Hacker/7th Dragon 2020?

Nice collection!

Thanks man! If Miku is delayed then we've already kicked off purchases for 2014. Can't stop this train.

I love the guessing at the other boxes. You're close. Samurai is right, the Saber is Lily and the lower left is Momohime. Hacker is on the way though, and I have a mandarake alert set up for TE Saber(I know she's regularly on amiami, but customs ugh).

Getting display stuff next week hopefully so they can finally all be liberated from their box prison.

chrono01

Thanks man! If Miku is delayed then we've already kicked off purchases for 2014. Can't stop this train.

I love the guessing at the other boxes. You're close. Samurai is right, the Saber is Lily and the lower left is Momohime. Hacker is on the way though, and I have a mandarake alert set up for TE Saber(I know she's regularly on amiami, but customs ugh).

Getting display stuff next week hopefully so they can finally all be liberated from their box prison.
Ah, Momohime, of course! She's another beauty.

Curses! When I typed out the Saber guess I meant to say Distant Avalon. For some reason my brain [and fingers] did not want to agree. It's been one of those days, unfortunately. I'm literally staring at my Distant Avalon box now. >_<

I'm glad to hear that you'll soon have Hacker. I completed my payment for her yesterday [as you might have seen me post earlier], but she hasn't shipped yet. It's no surprise, considering it's the weekend in Japan, so it'll probably go out sometime Late Sunday/Early Monday [I'm hoping].

From the user pictures, she turned out perfect.

sca2511

Yep. I have no interest in selling mine but they retain value extremely well. Very easy to get a return on. It's the argument I make with my wife to allow me to buy more often than not.

"Honey, if I get it now it'll only be $300 as opposed to $500 down the line!"

That works.........
sometimes

Same here, it works, sort of.

Thanos looks awesome.
Yeah. Excellent paint job on him. Omega Red was a disappointment though. Pretty crappy paint job overall but he was a special and the X-Men and their villains are tops on my collection list so....

Someone mentioned that it's so much easier to buy cheapie things once you start spending money on Hot Toys and got they are right. I've probably spent over 1k on these Eagle Moss figures but when you buy them 10-16 bucks at a time you don't even notice!

Okay whilst we're sorta on subject:
What is your proudest figures and most expensive ones (resale value or price brought) in your collection?

Expensive (I believe): Zero Suit Samus, (Alter) Yuri Lowell and (Kotobukiya) Kirijo Mitsuru

Proudest: Those figures and my D-Arts Thanatos

Will not compete with you guys XD

What is your proudest figures and most expensive ones (resale value or price brought) in your collection?

Expensive (I believe): Zero Suit Samus, (Alter) Yuri Lowell and (Kotobukiya) Kirijo Mitsuru

I don't know about resale value but my absolutely favorite piece is the Enterbay Ledger Joker. I'm consistently stunned by the detail and the head sculpt.

proudest would be hard

I really like my Blackrock shooter figures from GSC. I also love momohime and Dizzy.

Most expensive one would have to be Rin from Fate/Stay. That one was like 160? Something like that

johnsmith

remember me
Most expensive would be my bishoujo Rogue, which can go for 200+. 7th Dragon Samurai is also up there, she doubled in price immediately.

Proudest would be the best deals I've found. Like that Rogue along with Emma Frost (another expensive bishoujo) and Ms Marvel binary ver for only $75 shipped on eBay for all 3. Or Kotobukiya's Mitsuru Kirijo for only 4k yen off mandarake when she usually sells for more than twice that much.

Ah, Momohime, of course! She's another beauty.

Curses! When I typed out the Saber guess I meant to say Distant Avalon. For some reason my brain [and fingers] did not want to agree. It's been one of those days, unfortunately. I'm literally staring at my Distant Avalon box now. >_<

I'm glad to hear that you'll soon have Hacker. I completed my payment for her yesterday [as you might have seen me post earlier], but she hasn't shipped yet. It's no surprise, considering it's the weekend in Japan, so it'll probably go out sometime Late Sunday/Early Monday [I'm hoping].

From the user pictures, she turned out perfect.

Haha we all have days like that.

I didn't think to check user photos for Hacker. I was reading the 2chan thread about her instead, which is cool for just pics but Google's translation makes it kind of hard to figure out what's being said:

person from 2chan said:
Shining from that Miku was (especially pants) Hair modeling, sword child,
I wonder booked because he believed "must be an absolute amazing pants!" he said. Result, it was still God pants.

From a line of comments that may or may not be complimenting Shining Wizard. He deserves it if they are doing at least :p

Also, you need to take some pics of your May order when that comes in. It's a beast! Hope it ships for you soon.

chrono01

Expensive:

Probably Hatsune Miku: Love is War DX Ver.

Thankfully I purchase the majority of my figures at release, so I don't need to pay the insane mark-up price is there are any.

Proudest:

This...is a hard one. I'm almost tempted to choose Love is War DX Ver. again [it's just so impressive], but I might have to go with Hatsune Miku: Cheerful Japan! Support Ver., if just for what is stands for. This figure was released on the GSC shop shortly after the tragic tsunami event in Japan, and a portion of each figure sold went to the relief efforts. I, of course, donated to the efforts on my own, but it was nice to see GSC offer this in addition. For a Country that gives us so much, it was the least I could do.

However, there are so many I'm proud of.

The many Sabers, Rin from GSC, Dizzy, Samurai, Chelsea [I'm sure, once I get her!], Leviathan, Sonico [Bondage Ver., Bath Time Ver., etc.], Black Rock Shooter, etc. The list goes on and on!

I cannot limit it to merely one!

Resale I'm not sure. Either one of the Hot Toys or Bishoujo Dark Phoenix, which seems to sell for crazy money. The most I've personally paid will be £200 for Joker 2.0 when he gets here.

Proudest is probably Yamato Asuka. She was a present and my first figure sculpted by Yoshizawa Mitsumasa, who is crazy talented:

sca2511

Expensive: Probably Rogue Bishoujo (short coat)

Proudest (design/sculpt): Kind of difficult, but likely Batgirl Bishoujo, Dizzy, Momohime, and Gwendolyn (stupid pegs). Maybe GSC's Senjougahara as well, but I haven't put it together and displayed yet.

LiK

Most expensive is ThreeA Metal Gear Rex.
901831_press01-001.jpg

Most proud is Muckle Mannequins Halo 2 Master Chief. Super rare. I got scammed by one ebay seller before getting it legit from another.
$(KGrHqRHJEkFDw7RSGNwBRB0J1c,2g~~60_35.JPG

Zelos and Lloyld Alter announced:

ugggh finally!
We absolutely need a Sheena too!

Most proud is Muckle Mannequins Halo 2 Master Chief. Super rare. I got scammed by one ebay seller before getting it legit from another.
$(KGrHqRHJEkFDw7RSGNwBRB0J1c,2g~~60_35.JPG

Nice one! It is indeed one of the rarer halo statues and impossible to find cheap these days. I'm personally looking for the Halo 3 field of battle with master chief. I saw as red one for $50 locally but I want the chief one... and unfortunately he has skyrocketed on Ebay.

Proudest:Kotobukiya Wolverine(the old japanese version with him exploding out of a sentinel head)
Most Expensive: SS Joker(will be overthrown by Sagat soon though)
Most appreciated in value: Probably DX06 Jack Sparrow or Kotobukiya Magneto

My proudest is probably my ever growing collection of Hot Toys Iron Man figures. My collection so far consists of:

Mark I 2.0
Mark II Armor Unleashed
Mark III Battle Damaged
Mark IV w/ Suit-up Gantry
Mark V
Mark VI Iron Man 2 version
War Machine
Iron Monger

Any Transformers collectors here? My most expensive figure in terms of aftermarket value is probably Binaltech BT-17 Black Convoy.

027_BT-17_black_convoy.jpg

To most people here it probably doesn't look like much, but it was sold exclusively at the winter Wonder Festival in 2007. I paid around $300 for it when it first came out. It's an extremely rare piece with sellers asking as much as $1000 for it now. Have any of them actually sold for that price? I have no idea. Mine won't as I've freed it from the prison of it's packaging, but I have no intention of selling it anyways.

Any Transformers collectors here? My most expensive figure in terms of aftermarket value is probably Binaltech BT-17 Black Convoy.

027_BT-17_black_convoy.jpg

To most people here it probably doesn't look like much, but it was sold exclusively at the winter Wonder Festival in 2007. I paid around $300 for it when it first came out. It's an extremely rare piece with sellers asking as much as $1000 for it now. Have any of them actually sold for that price? I have no idea. Mine won't as I've freed it from the prison of it's packaging, but I have no intention of selling it anyways.

Good for you bro, a lot of people collect stuff and keep it in their packaging with the intention of re-selling it. I just laugh at people like that and feel sorry for them. You'd be shocked by the attitude some people have. Some people will just get stuff that they see is popular without caring about the franchise or character just so they have a good chance of selling it down the line. It's especially prevalent on some of the statue forums.

I have an older friend who is insanely passionate about Transformers as well. His basement is like a giant shrine for transformers.

btw you might be interested in this

Giolon

I bought from Otacute 2 or 3 times and they were always fine. Most recently were the Katherine and Catherine figures. Sucks to see any store close down. They weren't around for all that long.

chrono01

wished I preorder it =/ now I have to pay it comes back or pay aftermarket prices.
Don't worry. With the delay it's possible the stores [such as AmiAmi] will open more pre-orders for her.

Be sure to check the sites regularly when they update! I wish you luck.

Hey, Otacute is shutting down? When did this happen? D: One less place to buy figures from sucks ._.;
Yep, they're closing down. :(

I didn't use them a whole lot, mostly for sale figures or for One Piece pre-orders [that were sold out everywhere else], but even still, they were pretty great. It's always sad to see shows like them close down. :(

As for confirmation:

http://www.otacute.com/

IMPORTANT NOTICE

With much regret and great sadness we wish to advise that Otacute will be closing for business. We sincerely apologize for the sudden notification and will do our very best to ensure a smooth closing. Of course, we intend to honor all running pre-orders with us. Based on the release dates for running pre-orders we expect the website to be operating up to around October, but this may change depending on manufacturing delays and so forth. As for immediate adjustments, we plan to stop advertizing and accepting pre-orders over the next couple of weeks and plan to stop accepting all new pre-orders and back-orders by May 31. In-stock products can still be purchased while we are operating. We would also like to note that we are accepting cancellations for products scheduled for release from September onwards. Any updates will be posted on this page. Your support and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Taking this opportunity we would also like to thank all of our great customers. It has been a pleasure serving you and we thank you for your fantastic support over the years. Without you the running of Otacute would never have been possible. Thank you from everyone at Otacute.

Please feel free to contact us gen_inquiry_eng@otacute.com if you have any questions.

One again thank you for your fantastic support.

OTACUTE

Jessicat

Yea, OtaCute was good for pre-ordering figures when they were sold out everywhere else XD I got a few figures from them, and I have a set of digimon keychain straps pre-ordered with them now...because they're sold out everywhere else ^^; Never had any problems with them, so it's sad to see them close ._.;

Giolon

According to news sites, they announced they were closing back around the 15th. Today (May 31st) was their last day for pre-ordering stuff.

SUPARSTARX

Loki is nice. Dammit. I'll be at the Philly Comic-Con tomorrow and you're going to make me spend money on him, aren't you!?

In the end you will kneel!

If you regret the purchase later, you will be able to flip him for 2x sooner or later since his release is going to be limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom