• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

oh nm, the Japan Post didn't update their tracking. I checked USPS and it was processed at the Boston sorting facility today. Guess I'll be getting it this week if no delays!

Not too bad, guess I'll use SAL Registered from now on for the cheap figures.

I'm sure SAL has gotten faster though. When I first started buying figures I remember forgetting that I'd ordered them by the time they showed up. Like a month or so.

oh nm, the Japan Post didn't update their tracking. I checked USPS and it was processed at the Boston sorting facility today. Guess I'll be getting it this week if no delays!

Lol I would so continue with SAL registered if the UK custom didn't keep charging customs on it, whilst unregistered tend to do okay XD

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

I got my vic viper yesterday ordered from hlj by SAL

Maybe they're retaining it at the post office? That's happened to me before where I had to pick it up.
This happened to me before as well. They wouldn't leave it at my apartment front office because it required a signature from the recipient. They left a note and I went online to schedule a re-delivery to my office, but then a few days went by without anything, not even a second attempt.

When I came to pick it up they said they don't do that for certain types of international shipping.

Then again, I've had other stuff delivered by sal before with no problem. :I

so sigrid of the thorn has a nasty ass seam between her right leg and crotch. Luckily you can just have the dress on and never notice it. Though I question why would they ever have the seam shown on a castoff-able figure.

Otherwise based off the 2chan pics, she looks great.

LiK

ugh, apparently that guy's payment is under review on Paypal. not sure why since he sent payment before. kinda annoying cuz now i need to wait before i can ship it. wanted to ship it with another package i have ready for the post office.

chrono01

To those worried about Meiya Mitsuragi's lack of stand [all of that pressure on her hair!], fear not!

skxNDDz.jpg

Can't see it, huh? Don't worry, I couldn't either. I'll circle the area to give you a better understanding.

While I am passing on this figure [I have too many pre-orders as it is], I absolutely love how they disguised the base to look like it's simply part of her hair.

Incredible work.

Pachimari

Do we know how far Kotobukiya are with the Ling Xiaoyu figure? They must plan to release a figure this fall now that Lili is already out in Japan and worldwide this summer.

Can't see it, huh? Don't worry, I couldn't either. I'll circle the area to give you a better understanWhile I am passing on this figure [I have too many pre-orders as it is], I absolutely love how they disguised the base to look like it's simply part of her hair.

Incredible work.

Wow, yeah. I didn't even notice that. Pretty brilliant move.

Also, THIS is the figure you choose to pass on? I question your judgement, sir.

LiK

To those worried about Meiya Mitsuragi's lack of stand [all of that pressure on her hair!], fear not!

Can't see it, huh? Don't worry, I couldn't either. I'll circle the area to give you a better understanding.

While I am passing on this figure [I have too many pre-orders as it is], I absolutely love how they disguised the base to look like it's simply part of her hair.

Incredible work.

never watched this show but those boobs are so well framed in those suits that it's hard to not stare, lol

chrono01

Wow, yeah. I didn't even notice that. Pretty brilliant move.

Also, THIS is the figure you choose to pass on? I question your judgement, sir.
Well, I factored in that I don't have any of the previous figures from this line, so it would feel lonely just sitting there all on its own.

That's my reasoning [or rather, what I decided upon]! It has convinced me to save money, so whatever works [I'm hoping you do not sway me otherwise, my wallet could not take it]!

To be fair, my October is largely bare...but the others months are pretty decently packed. Well, not so-much in the last quarter, but between now and August. I'm [trying] to make better decisions with my pre-orders. As you probably noticed, I'm [mostly] quick to pull the trigger. >_<

Well, I factored in that I don't have any of the previous figures from this line, so it would feel lonely just sitting there all on its own.

Well, that just means you'll have to track down the others, too. Oh well!

But seriously, kind of a feeble excuse, considering it won't be lonely at all. It's a hunk of pvc.

Meiya's magic hairstand base was pretty neat to see. I've got all the Muv-Luv figures that I can get my hands on this late in the game, so now I'm just eager to see more come out. I'm hoping we get another Sumika or Kasumi or possibly Strella.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm going to Tokyo for a few days later this month. Anything hot/new that I might have missed on? Been too busy with work :/

EYEL1NER

PM received, thanks.
But also...

HOLY GRAIL GET!!!!!!
I'm torn between congratulating you and telling you I hate you.
But seriously, glad to see you got that one finally. I am still envious of your collection, since I couldn't even add that Sideshow/Pop Culture Shock Morrigan I mentioned a while ago to mine. When I went back home to the states a couple months back and was planning on buying it, I had $3000 in car repairs pop up out of nowhere, so I didn't even give buying her a second thought after that; My wife having a vehicle while I am out of country working has to take priority over a figure.
It is still sitting in that comic shop though, waiting for my next vacay (August), so maybe I will be a little bit less jealous when I have added at least one Morrigan figure to what I have.

Labrys

Yuuuup. Depressing that the company dealing with P4 right now won't put in the effort the series deserves though :( They should be doing work that makes me want to pay their dumb prices.

Exactly. I'm worried how their Labrys is going to turn out, now, because she had a really nice sculpt...

Seriously, Index, just give Persona 3 and 4 over exclusively to Good Smile or Max Factory. Everyone will be much happier and you'll probably make much more money that way.

Exactly. I'm worried how their Labrys is going to turn out, now, because she had a really nice sculpt...

Seriously, Index, just give Persona 3 and 4 over exclusively to Good Smile or Max Factory. Everyone will be much happier and you'll probably make much more money that way.

Ah man, I forgot about Labrys. Pre-orders should be soon for her, right? If she sucks there's always Vertex Mitsuru to look forward to. I really dig that sculpt as well.

Ok its june.
Good smile can you please release Princess of the Crystal now?
Youve only delayed her, oh, 5 months now.

I think you might be in luck! According to the comments section on her MFC page, payment requests are being sent out now.

Side note: I was actually planning to start watching Penguindrum today.

johnsmith

remember me
The worst part is that we know megahouse is capable of good work. Almost all their One Piece and Queens Blade figures look good.

LiK

The worst part is that we know megahouse is capable of good work. Almost all their One Piece and Queens Blade figures look good.

Yea, most of their Excellent Model series are good. Too bad the MSRP prices have gone way up that I'm no longer buying them.

cajunator

Banned
Ah man, I forgot about Labrys. Pre-orders should be soon for her, right? If she sucks there's always Vertex Mitsuru to look forward to. I really dig that sculpt as well.

I think you might be in luck! According to the comments section on her MFC page, payment requests are being sent out now.

Side note: I was actually planning to start watching Penguindrum today.

Thats good to know.
Its this one btw:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10190460

LiK

Weird, the repeat customer on eBay gave me positive feedback even tho I haven't shipped it yet. Either he trusts me or he feels bad about the payment being under review on Paypal.

Weird, the repeat customer on eBay gave me positive feedback even tho I haven't shipped it yet. Either he trusts me or he feels bad about the payment being under review on Paypal.

I'm guessing he/she trusts you, I mean they have already ordered from you before. But yeah I've seen some people that leave feedback right away, maybe they rather not get constantly reminded to leave feedback or something lol

LiK

I'm guessing he/she trusts you, I mean they have already ordered from you before. But yeah I've seen some people that leave feedback right away, maybe they rather not get constantly reminded to leave feedback or something lol

I guess with eBay tracking when you get paid and tracking the shipments, he's gonna rely on that. Not to mention they can dispute if they want. I kinda like getting FB after they got the package so I know it arrived safely. But at least I can give an early positive FB after I ship it.

PM received, thanks.

I'm torn between congratulating you and telling you I hate you.
But seriously, glad to see you got that one finally. I am still envious of your collection, since I couldn't even add that Sideshow/Pop Culture Shock Morrigan I mentioned a while ago to mine. When I went back home to the states a couple months back and was planning on buying it, I had $3000 in car repairs pop up out of nowhere, so I didn't even give buying her a second thought after that; My wife having a vehicle while I am out of country working has to take priority over a figure.
It is still sitting in that comic shop though, waiting for my next vacay (August), so maybe I will be a little bit less jealous when I have added at least one Morrigan figure to what I have.

I still had to pay a fair bit. Just gotta repair the base. But I've finally got all the Morrigan figures I could want (that are out..).
Still for me the biggest steal would have to be this -
dsc00497gp.jpg

I got both her and Lilith as a set. The ebayer I bought it off had NO idea of the value. I got them both for £50 and they were both pretty much brand new. Best ebay purchase yet.

johnsmith

remember me
God damn it. My Kongiku had a quality control problem. There's a gray dot under her right eye that shouldn't be there. Kind of looks like a beauty mark. Not sure if I should try to get rid of it or just deal with it and leave it.

LiK

God damn it. My Kongiku had a quality control problem. There's a gray dot under her right eye that shouldn't be there. Kind of looks like a beauty mark. Not sure if I should try to get rid of it or just deal with it and leave it.

Ouch, any defects with the face is my biggest pet peeve. I can usually deal with it on other parts of the body.

Thats good to know.
Its this one btw:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10190460

Yeah, that's the one! I like the GSC version a lot actually. I just shotgunned a bunch of episodes of the anime and am really liking it, so I added her to my June order on amiami. I like what Alter did with her dress and the penguins holding it up, but I prefer the face, hair and pose from GSC. Shipping on that order is gong to suck.

I still had to pay a fair bit. Just gotta repair the base. But I've finally got all the Morrigan figures I could want (that are out..).
Still for me the biggest steal would have to be this -

http://imageshack.us/a/img18/149/dsc00497gp.jpg[IMG]

I got both her and Lilith as a set. The ebayer I bought it off had NO idea of the value. I got them both for £50 and they were both pretty much brand new. Best ebay purchase yet.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god that price. So jealous. I won't say what I paid for her :p

[quote="johnsmith, post: 60982973"]God damn it. My Kongiku had a quality control problem. There's a gray dot under her right eye that shouldn't be there. Kind of looks like a beauty mark. Not sure if I should try to get rid of it or just deal with it and leave it.[/QUOTE]

With the stuff like this my decision comes down to whether or not it bothers me when I think about it or look at it. If it does then I'd get rid of it ASAP and replace it. It's not worth keeping around if the defect detracts from your enjoyment of owning it. It's the single dead pixel of the figure world.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Where did you get it from, and how much of a hassle would a replacement be?

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, that's the one! I like the GSC version a lot actually. I just shotgunned a bunch of episodes of the anime and am really liking it, so I added her to my June order on amiami. I like what Alter did with her dress and the penguins holding it up, but I prefer the face, hair and pose from GSC. Shipping on that order is gong to suck.

Oh my god that price. So jealous. I won't say what I paid for her :p

With the stuff like this my decision comes down to whether or not it bothers me when I think about it or look at it. If it does then I'd get rid of it ASAP and replace it. It's not worth keeping around if the defect detracts from your enjoyment of owning it. It's the single dead pixel of the figure world.

yeah its really a great looking figure. not sure of why the huge delay for her.
I hope GSC isnt having financial troubles or something. Can someone familiar with these delays explain why they happen with figurines?
I finally got the email confirming she was in stock though so it should ship soon!

sca2511

I actually controlled myself pretty decent at the Philly Comic-Con today. I did come away with two pieces. Kotobukiya had a booth and something I wasn't ever saying no too and I found another wanted figure I'd been wanting to get on the cheap and succeeded.

Loki was there.:) I said no!

The Snowtrooper I got for $100 bucks. I was able to haggle the guy down to that at the booth.:D

Nice Killing Joke Statue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom