• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

yea, i wish AmiAmi made it as easy as them to cancel.
Agreed.

I understand why they wouldn't want cancellations a few days before release [since they essentially have that stock ordered and, thus, any cancellations would mean additional stock that they would need to sell to re-coup their losses], but months prior? I can't see how that would be an issue, but then, I'm not sure how early figure manufacturers begin the actual process.

Even still, they do cancel on occasion, but you definitely don't want to abuse the system, especially if you order infrequently. They're still my favorite store, I just have to be extra-careful on what I do/don't pre-order.

LiK

It's weird considering how big AmiAmi is and they sell so many preowned figures for high prices. Some cancellations ain't gonna hurt them. Not sure how their business model works but I guess they don't want to take the hit like HLJ.

Possibly off-topic but has anyone seen this issue of Dengeki G vol. 34 on sale anywhere else except for 1999.co.jp? I noticed that 1999 has it up for pre-order, but none of my other usual channels seem to have it up. Also, 1999's using a shitty cell phone pic and not an official one:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10229822

chrono01

Possibly off-topic but has anyone seen this issue of Dengeki G vol. 34 on sale anywhere else except for 1999.co.jp? I noticed that 1999 has it up for pre-order, but none of my other usual channels seem to have it up. Also, 1999's using a shitty cell phone pic and not an official one:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10229822
AmiAmi should have it eventually, they're a bit slow in updating pre-orders for magazines [generally].

For instance, it took around a week after HS for them to allow pre-orders for Dengeki G's Festival! COMIC Vol. 30.

AmiAmi should have it eventually, they're a bit slow in updating pre-orders for magazines [generally].

For instance, it took around a week after HS for them to allow pre-orders for Dengeki G's Festival! COMIC Vol. 30.

Ah, good to know. I just happened to have been on 1999 and then was like "what's this?!" Then I proceeded to try and power search for it via Google and couldn't find anything.

Dead

well not really...yet
The Riobot Gurren Shit looks amazing, but the complaints about how light it is always put me off buying it...shame there is no die-cast at all considering the price.

But its by far the best sculpted GL figure out there.

johnsmith

remember me
Phew. I opened up Kongiku, and the grey spot under her eye came right off with a wipe of a cloth. She is perfect, especially that fluffy tail. Definitely lives up to Momohime. Now make Yuzuruha and Torahime please.

Phew. I opened up Kongiku, and the grey spot under her eye came right off with a wipe of a cloth. She is perfect, especially that fluffy tail. Definitely lives up to Momohime. Now make Yuzuruha and Torahime please.

I haven't opened my Kongiku or Momo (or Chelsea) yet. With highly sought-after figures like those, there's a slow-burn where I need to take a few weeks and work up to it.

Blusby

Meiya's magic hairstand base was pretty neat to see. I've got all the Muv-Luv figures that I can get my hands on this late in the game, so now I'm just eager to see more come out. I'm hoping we get another Sumika or Kasumi or possibly Strella.
I'm personally hopin' for Tsukuyomi, Marimo, Ayamine, and Mikoto.

Bombless

She has replaced Momohime as my favourite figure I own Not a big fan of how easy it is for the lamp to fall off but then again I have no intention to fiddle with it.

For the longest time I thought that Yuzuruha garage kit was Alter made :( Also if they ever make Torahime I hope it'll be on the horse, talk about a HUGE statue (dat EMS price :D)

johnsmith

remember me
GSC's Princess of the Crystal is EMS only. She'll probably end up in the bargain bin. Might have picked her up if she was SALable.

LiK

oh yea, my Vic Vipers arrived. SAL Registered wasn't too bad and the box wasn't damaged or anything. gonna use SAL Reg from now on for any inexpensive figures. the cheaper price is good and i like that i can still track it.

BA327E3E-FC9A-435E-B233-821D96F99C1A-20522-000011A743C0DD8C_zps44f87a99.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
The latest Yoshizawa Mitsumasa hotness. Not familiar with the source material, but I like the design and Yoshizawa Mitsumasa is definitely a top tier sculptor. The only thing I'm iffy about is that it's a new company producing it. But it's definitely looking like a buy right now.

iOkBwg8Fggcrj.jpg

ibfX8qsbB51USp.jpg

LiK

^ Chunsoft? oh man, it might be from one of their games. i'm totally getting that figure. please let me know when it's up for preorder.

Any recommendations besides eBay on where one could order older Hot Toys? I really want a Jack Sparrow and the On Stranger Tides DX one seems perfect for what I'm looking for.

The latest Yoshizawa Mitsumasa hotness. Not familiar with the source material, but I like the design and Yoshizawa Mitsumasa is definitely a top tier sculptor. The only thing I'm iffy about is that it's a new company producing it. But it's definitely looking like a buy right now.

iOkBwg8Fggcrj.jpg

FML. Must have this. When do pre-orders open?

Those Rio Bots are popular. I saw Jehuty was up on amiami's front page yesterday, but was already sold out at the 10k price. Crazy.

http://i.minus.com/iOkBwg8Fggcrj.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibfX8qsbB51USp.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is great. His sculpts are almost guaranteed buys for me. I'm only missing Lilith and Hattori Kiriko from the collection.

As for POTC being EMS only, it won't make a difference. My June order is big and will be EMS anyway. Plus POTC was 7200 JPY, which is pretty cheap for the stuff I tend to order.

Anyone got any figures by Sentinel? How's the quality of their make?

I am so tempted to order this Monster Hunter Figure XD (Apparently Sentinel made)
monster-hunter-4-rathalos-armor-hunter-swordman.jpg

DzUbkHp.jpg

lQGKA45.jpg

EruN8xc.jpg

VeHFz35.jpg

XSWoHaM.jpg

GxyuoQP.jpg

Monster Hunter 4 - Rathalos Armor Hunter (Swordman)

Edit: Apparently really good =D
Sentinel’s high-quality figure measures 190mm (roughly 7.5 inches) and it comes with a Rathalos Long Sword weapon, Hammer, texture sheets and a stand. It also features quality joints that allows you to place your Rathalos Hunter in almost any position imaginable.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/04/monster-hunter-4-limited-edition-comes-with-goa-magara-themed-goodies/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom