• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blusby

Well, cancelled Yamamoto and reserved the Meiya figure. Now i'm just waiting on reservations to open up for the Q Final Suit Asuka prize figure:
157805.jpg

Blusby

Where do I get me one of those?
Here's a link to it (it sold out in like 30 mins apparently) but preorders will open up again:
http://biginjap.com/pvc-figures/7542-rebuild-of-evangelion-premium-asuka-figure-vol2.html
It will also be up on HLJ soon.
There is also on the site (also sold out) Shinji and Kaworu (in their Unit-13 suits) figures.
In august/sept the Asuka duct tape suit, Mari Q suit (I reserved this), and Cyclops Gendo are coming out, you can reserve em' at either BiJ or HLJ.

BadWolf

Received Vic Viper today and he is fantastic, Revoltech continues to impress.

Posed him together with Naked Jehuty (going at each other) and they look wonderful.

Man, going through the Iron Man 3 Hot Toys, I realized I pre-ordered the power pose Mark 42 and not the "regular" one, although it being Die Cast isn't regular too me and costs too much when the other Iron Man figures have been regular plastic.

So Power Pose...are they just literally pre posed figures with only changeable parts? I may have to cancel and just live without a MKLII. That War Machine II is hot, but that one is Die cast as well and again, not worth the extra $50.

I may have to cancel that Heartbreaker Armor one as well.

Man, going through the Iron Man 3 Hot Toys, I realized I pre-ordered the power pose Mark 42 and not the "regular" one, although it being Die Cast isn't regular too me and costs too much when the other Iron Man figures have been regular plastic.

So Power Pose...are they just literally pre posed figures with only changeable parts? I may have to cancel and just live without a MKLII. That War Machine II is hot, but that one is Die cast as well and again, not worth the extra $50.

I may have to cancel that Heartbreaker Armor one as well.
The Power Pose Mark 42 is a fixed pose figure with interchangeable leg pieces. The Power Pose Red Snapper on the other hand has no interchangeable parts, but limited articulation in all the major points. Here's the photo showing the points of articulation.

163988_10151371418587344_1484779315_n.jpg

The Power Pose Mark 42 is a fixed pose figure with interchangeable leg pieces. The Power Pose Red Snapper on the other hand has no interchangeable parts, but limited articulation in all the major points. Here's the photo showing the points of articulation.

163988_10151371418587344_1484779315_n.jpg

I like the limited articulation on the Red Snapper than the changeable legs and straight arm on the Power Pose MKXLII. I dunno why I kept calling it Heartbreaker

Maybe I'll keep that one on pre-order ;)

Managed to get my hands on that G Fest LiK. Only problem? It sold out within seconds after I bought off amiami and my friend god shafted (after he told me about it). I hope they open up more orders...

^ Ah finally. What's there looks good. Sweet red sabre. I'll almost certainly pre-order if the full pics look as good as the tease. Seems like they're doing justice to the original artwork though.

Edit: Look what just turned up!

EYEL1NER

I think I have brought this up in this thread before, but playing the 3DS Samurai Warriors game right now made me think about it again: Why is there no major Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors, or general Musou line of figures? Looking at how cool my Sengoku Basara Revoltechs are, it seems like an perfect match.
There are so many characters now that they could pump them out for a while. Why are there only a few Lu Bu trading figures? Why can I not buy an awesome Shredder-style Hanzo? I want a Cao Cao and Nobunaga that I can pose together doing battle!

LiK

Managed to get my hands on that G Fest LiK. Only problem? It sold out within seconds after I bought off amiami and my friend god shafted (after he told me about it). I hope they open up more orders...

Yea, i saw the Figinstock email just now. Missed out right when I was asleep. I was up pretty late too last night. Oh well....

sooo mandarake sent my package to the wrong part of teh country... twice. The first time it was NY and they fixed it themselves. Today its Georgia. I called the post office and they said it has the wrong name as well.

what?

sooo mandarake sent my package to the wrong part of teh country... twice. The first time it was NY and they fixed it themselves. Today its Georgia. I called the post office and they said it has the wrong name as well.

what?

"What?" indeed. That's bad. Their service has been top notch for me as well. Out of interest, what stores were they from? 99% of my purchases seem to be from Nakano.

chrono01

If anyone else is curious where they can get Dengeki vol.34, it's up on CDJ:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOBK-1512846
Beat me to it! I was just about to post it. :)

I always have the AmiAmi/HS/CD Japan Dengeki G's pages bookmarked for situations such as this. They can sell out generally fast, especially if it contains a popular character. So I was happy to see that they [finally] started pre-orders for Vol. 34 this morning!

I'm glad to see a fellow GAF member with such obsession determination. Thanks for posting the link!

Beat me to it! I was just about to post it. :)

I always have the AmiAmi/HS/CD Japan Dengeki G's pages bookmarked for situations such as this. They can sell out generally fast, especially if it contains a popular character. So I was happy to see that they [finally] started pre-orders for Vol. 34 this morning!

I'm glad to see a fellow GAF member with such obsession determination. Thanks for posting the link!

I was amazed when amiami re-opened their pre-orders for 1/2 an hour and then sell out again immediately...

chrono01

I was amazed when amiami re-opened their pre-orders for 1/2 an hour and then sell out again immediately...
Yeah, it doesn't surprise me. They usually sell out quickly there, although ti does vary [depending on what's included].

HS has pre-orders open for a few days, so AmiAmi selling out so fast is surprising. I'm glad to hear that you got yours, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom