• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labrys

that's the problem with these lying down figures, you need to come up with your own way of displaying them

If she's anything like the pajama Rei+Asuka that came out a while back, she'll have a photo-frame type thing on her base that can prop her up.

Jube3

Anyone else get their Hot Toy's Iron Man MK VII order delayed today? My shipping estimate on sideshow changed from 6/20 to 7/20, I don't think this figures ever coming in.

Anyone else get their Hot Toy's Iron Man MK VII order delayed today? My shipping estimate on sideshow changed from 6/20 to 7/20, I don't think this figures ever coming in.

I'm pretty sure I saw everyone on sideshowfreaks complaining about that today

got my dead master Tv version nendoroid today! i love her little pimp throne and the uninterested look on her face. i think i like her design better than my other dead master nendo

zNDfmOm.jpg

zoku88

Pfft, not like kids have the money to be totally obsessive about figures :p

I've actually heard of this. I'm actually surprised it was a kid's anime though... What I've seen...

LiK

Pfft, not like kids have the money to be totally obsessive about figures :p

I've actually heard of this. I'm actually surprised it was a kid's anime though... What I've seen...

haven't seen it but not too surprised tho. even manga/anime like Detective Conan which shows a lot of blood and grisly murders are for kids.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Got this guy yesterday, the suits a bit restrictive and the ankles are a little weaker then I've seen from my other hot toys, but still a fine figure, love that Hot Toys didn't just go with the typical stare straight ahead glass eye sculpt makes him more feral.

I sent HLJ an email a week ago about an order that's been in "processing" forever, and they haven't replied back.

Are they usually slow in getting back to people?

Edit: Yikes, I see website reviews giving it either 5 stars or 1. Nothing inbetween.

gokieks

Dammit, by the time I woke up and saw the FiginStock e-mail, the A condition GSC Senjougahara that AmiAmi pre-owned had back in stock was sold out.

Now to decide if I want to buy the B condition one or keep waiting for a better condition (or possibly a re-release or newer version with the new Monogatari series)...

Blusby

How big is she? 590¥ is dirt-cheap.

Also, totally going to order the Elektra bishoujo this weekend. Been reading a lot of Daredevil books lately. Not crazy about her face, but the rest of the figure is spot-on Elektra.
She's probably going to be about 8-9 inches in length as she's laying down, she's as big as the standard pvc at nearly 1/5 of the price. She'll be well worth it.

johnsmith

remember me
She's probably going to be about 8-9 inches in length as she's laying down, she's as big as the standard pvc at nearly 1/5 of the price. She'll be well worth it.

Prize figures are noticeably lower quality than the more expensive figures. There's a reason they are cheaper.

sky

got my dead master Tv version nendoroid today! i love her little pimp throne and the uninterested look on her face. i think i like her design better than my other dead master nendo
Haha.. yeah, I like those dead master nendos as well. Pretty unique, and a nice break from the typical stuff... ;)

sky

Why can't Square sign with Koto or someone else to do their figures. PLAY ARTS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
I was just thinking this as well... can you imagine how incredible their figures could be?

They have some awesome designs, that would really shine with top-quality renditions.
It's such a travesty!

Prize figures are noticeably lower quality than the more expensive figures. There's a reason they are cheaper.

So you're saying they're more like booby-prize figures?

Also, why do they call it a booby-prize? I mean, if you put the word "booby" in front of anything, it makes it sound more appealing.

Pachimari

Guys, as I am very tight on money for the rest of the year, do you think it's still possible for me buying a new Kotobukiya Bishoujo Lili (and Xiaoyu, Jun) figures in 2014 without them running out of stock if I need to import?

Guys, as I am very tight on money for the rest of the year, do you think it's still possible for me buying a new Kotobukiya Bishoujo Lili (and Xiaoyu, Jun) figures in 2014 without them running out of stock if I need to import?

Maybe? Each figure is generally a crap-shoot in terms of popularity, but considering that they're five figures into the Tekken series and the first one (Christie) is still pretty easy to get a hold of, you should be fine.

johnsmith

remember me

Yeah, you'll be fine. Most bishoujos are available for a long time before they sell out and get expensive. They are massively overproduced, and the Tekken ones aren't super hot sellers. Though keep an eye on amazon listings (if you're in the US) and grab them in the sweet spot where they drop below $50 with FSS.

Fuuuuuck, I just realized I'm gonna own a Rocket Raccoon from Hot Toys one day!

I wonder if they'll do a deluxe set with RR and Groot/another GoTG member or Solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom