• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Anyone getting the Koto Kurisu re-issue? I'm not sure if I should wait till it gets back in stock on Amiami or just reserve it on Hobby Search. A bit cheaper on Amiami.

THanks for the heads up! One of the ones I was gonna bite the bullet for and get from Ebay.

Hello Figure-GAF

A couple of months ago you helped me with a question, and now I'd like your help again.

A girl I like is a big anime fan and wants a rare figure from Saint Seiya (Leo Myth Cloth EX). This one came out two years ago and in the places I've looked for it, it's quite expensive ($170+).

Is there a place besides ebay where I could get it for less? Thank you in advance

Rootbeer

Banned
Gon (hunter x hunter) figma sold out at amiami. Still some Killua left.

Still waiting on a restock on the SAO figma. starting to wonder if it will actually happen

Jessicat

All this Pacific Rim merch from NECA and Sideshow is nice and all but...

...the movie's producers dropped the ball by not getting Bandai on board with the merch. I feel only they can do justice making really nice Kaiju and die-cast Jaeger toys.

For example, they just announced the following the past couple of days:

Tamashii Nations S.H. MonsterArts Mechagodzilla (MFS-3 Type 3 Kiryu)

Tamashii Nations Metal Build Gundam Exia Repair

It would've been sweet for Pacific Rim to get this kind of treatment from Bandai too, y'know?
Ooh, thanks for the heads up on the next MonsterArts figure, went and pre-ordered Kiryu on amiami :3 These are the only affordable kaiju figures, hoping Baragon gets one in the future too~

Also, who's excited for this month's figures?! I can't wait for my Raidou and MetalGarurumon [and the copy of SMTIV with it; bundle shipping ftw |D]

LiK

Hello Figure-GAF

A couple of months ago you helped me with a question, and now I'd like your help again.

A girl I like is a big anime fan and wants a rare figure from Saint Seiya (Leo Myth Cloth EX). This one came out two years ago and in the places I've looked for it, it's quite expensive ($170+).

Is there a place besides ebay where I could get it for less? Thank you in advance

gawd i wish i met a girl like that...

johnsmith

remember me
Hello Figure-GAF

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en

I think this might be it? http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-758694.html
A bit cheaper, but still expensive.

So I didn't realize this existed

1542.jpg

The rightmost one being 48,000 yen.

Arveene

Neo Member
Didn't even know GAF had a figure thread. Hello all! Does anyone else have a room where you could just swim in a pile of boxes? Also, my MFC is the same name as here if anyone wants to add me.

Bombless

All's quiet on my front. Managed to stay clear of any orders for almost 3 weeks! This month should have Lineage 2 Elf, figma Lady and Bayonetta, Play Arts WW in August, Lineage 2 Dark Elf and the Seamus duo in September and Maoyu in October. Barring any delays of course.

I'll have to resign myself for an overpriced figma Cobra, I missed the window on him and there's no way in hell I'll leave Lady alone!

Also, who's excited for this month's figures?! I can't wait for my Raidou and MetalGarurumon [and the copy of SMTIV with it; bundle shipping ftw |D]

This month has been kind to me, if not my wallet. Hacker showed up early in June. Hot Toys Joker 2.0 this week. I've got GSC Princess of the Crystal, Max Factory Elf and Canti to come as well.

Amiami hasn't updated Raven's release date though. I think he slipped out of June.

NEO0MJ

All this Pacific Rim merch from NECA and Sideshow is nice and all but...
...the movie's producers dropped the ball by not getting Bandai on board with the merch. I feel only they can do justice making really nice Kaiju and die-cast Jaeger toys.

Considering they all but dropped the SOC line I don't think they're up to it. Now 3A, those guys can make something amazing using the Pacific Rim Jaegers, the style fits them perfectly.

Rootbeer

Banned
So glad I'm not into Power Rangers... I would be even more broke than I am T__T

I really want the NECA Pacific Rim stuff though. Trying to find it for a good price. Amazon sometimes carries NECA but I have a feeling these will go in stock, sell out within hours and then won't be restocked again for the rest of the year. This is frequently how figures work on amazon. Sigh.

Arveene

Neo Member

So I decided to check my preorders for this month and realized I have over ten things totaling over 100k yen...

I think this is the result of a bunch of delays so I'm fine. It did give me quite a surprise.

johnsmith

remember me
After a brutal May my June should be very light. Phat Company's Meruru is the only thing I have preodered. And I'll grab the P4A Taito prize figures of Kanji and Naoto from Mandarake if they pop up too.

johnsmith

remember me
Have any of you guys ever used E2046? I need to know if it's a trustworthy site.

Define trustworthy? What are you thinking of buying? I have a preorder from them, but I have a friend who's used them quite a bit. So they're definitely a real site where you'll get your stuff. But they basically deal in bootlegs. Personally I don't think it's bad when it's of a figure that the legit companies never made a figure of, but they also sell bootlegs of stuff that did get produced by legit companies. They also sell some legit figures, but their prices aren't any good.

Define trustworthy? What are you thinking of buying? I have a preorder from them, but I have a friend who's used them quite a bit. So they're definitely a real site where you'll get your stuff. But they basically deal in bootlegs. Personally I don't think it's bad when it's of a figure that the legit companies never made a figure of, but they also sell bootlegs of stuff that did get produced by legit companies. They also sell some legit figures, but their prices aren't any good.

Pretty interesting site. I honestly had no idea you could get bootlegs from an actual website shop. Kinda wonder how they get away with it.

Like you though, I'm not bothered if somebody wants to produce figures that no other manufacturer seems to want to do. Some of them look quite good as well. Which figure have you got on pre-order, if you don't mind me asking?

LiK

Pretty interesting site. I honestly had no idea you could get bootlegs from an actual website shop. Kinda wonder how they get away with it.

Like you though, I'm not bothered if somebody wants to produce figures that no other manufacturer seems to want to do. Some of them look quite good as well. Which figure have you got on pre-order, if you don't mind me asking?

I've purchased bootlegs from HobbyFan. They sell prepainted statues that were only garage kits in Japan. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that if those figures will never be painted or sold complete legit by anyone. I bought a few Volks statues and some other statues from them and they're usually great quality depending on the studio that makes them. The quality from HF is siginificantly higher than the crap on eBay and when I received one that had damaged parts, the owner (who does the CSR) did an exchange with me. So there's support there for them.

Blusby

What'd be the chances of getting some Valvrave scaled figures? I'd really like a Saki (pilot suit) figure, she's tied with Alsiel for best character of the season.

johnsmith

remember me

I ordered the prepainted Mitsuru. I think she looks better than both Alter and Kotobukiya's version, and bigger. The only flaw I'm seeing is the big hair seam.
http://www.e2046.com/product/17312

Y11sFYE.jpg

I've purchased bootlegs from HobbyFan. They sell prepainted statues that were only garage kits in Japan. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that if those figures will never be painted or sold complete legit by anyone. I bought a few Volks statues and some other statues from them and they're usually great quality depending on the studio that makes them. The quality from HF is siginificantly higher than the crap on eBay and when I received one that had damaged parts, the owner (who does the CSR) did an exchange with me. So there's support there for them.

Thanks for that man. There's some really nice stuff on there. I think I'll order something and see what's up since you and others have had good experiences with those sites. The paint jobs on the Tera figures are particularly impressive. They've got Volks Bayonetta coming up soon as well. I love that sculpt.

I ordered the prepainted Mitsuru. I think she looks better than both Alter and Kotobukiya's version, and bigger. The only flaw I'm seeing is the big hair seam.
http://www.e2046.com/product/17312

http://i.imgur.com/Y11sFYE.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

She looks great. Especially cool since the major manufacturers aren't really doing Persona justice at the minute. I think you're right about that being the best version. Easily, even. Surprisingly, Alter's is the worst to my eyes.

Jessicat

Aw man, I wish I could paint, there's a Raidou figure there at E2046 in-stock and on sale! ._.; Woe is me. I'm still tempted to get it and just display it like that LOL but probably not ^^;

LiK

Thanks for that man. There's some really nice stuff on there. I think I'll order something and see what's up since you and others have had good experiences with those sites. The paint jobs on the Tera figures are particularly impressive. They've got Volks Bayonetta coming up soon as well. I love that sculpt.

yea, price isn't bad considering they cost about the same or less than the unpainted official garage kits.

Man after rewatching evangelion 3.0 last night I really wish there had been a few more figures in the Microman line.
evagirlsplug-6.jpg

I just like their small scale so much more than the Figma, etc versions.
I actually want a Shinji, Mari and the 3.0 plugsuits.
I just ordered the school uniform versions, though they dont look as good.

I guess I could do customs for the plugsuits though.

Bombless

If you happen to have any Hatsune Miku figs you want to sell wait for a few months. Now that Sega brings Project Diva F to US and EU demand for her is probably going to climb.

zoku88

Got my Shiozaki Haruno figure last week.

More than the girl, I like the model of the Honda Giorno. The wheels turn, the kickstand is adjustable and the steering wheel actually steers. Makes me want to get one and use it for my (pretty short) commute, hehe. I'm pretty sure the anime that this is from (One-off?) was pretty much a Honda advertisement...

Also, I'm pretty bad at taking pictures, especially with this N4...

photo.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
I just scored the Taito P4U prize figures of Chie and Yukiko for 1600 yen from Mandarake!
ilC47ZWNHOjD4.jpg

Btw, if anybody else wants these amiami just restocked them for 2200 yen.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-7908

Will probably be a little cheaper than what I paid because there'll be no handling fee and you can use unregistered sal.

Just ordered Aigis from mandarake. 1,000 yen +500 handling fee. This is actually my first Aigis figure, because she's one of my least favorite characters from P3 (it's a crime she has so many figures and Yukari has none). Looks pretty good for a prize figure. All of the ones from this series do (except for Yousuke).
TrDcscr.jpg

Well I'm thinking of getting this, but if it's a bootleg I'm not so sure.

zoku88

Yea, e2046 is pretty good/popular.

They basically buy garage kits from the hobby shows (sometimes from their customers) and they recast them. They do a pretty good job of it, too.

They sometimes do it for PVC figures, as well. (because some people like to build/paint rather than buy the complete product.) But I think the limited hobby show stuff is the most popular stuff there.

I still need to complete some of my kits....

Actually, I also ordered that Mitsuru, but the kit version. Haven't had enough time to build..

EDIT: I also realize that I should have read the discussion in the normal fashion, instead of backwards. Makes me realize that I said nothing of value :p

the hell is this it's creeping me out

judging by the proportions it's probably an Eva thing
CLOSE! It's one of the gods that destroyed the world in Nausicaa.

This design specifically goes to the CG short that Anno Hideaki did recently for the Ghibli museum exhibition.

And I guess Anno and Miyazaki are now best buds because of it, with Anno voicing the main character in the next Ghibli film.

It seems that it's a good model based on that one review, even if it is expensive.

By the way, did I mention you're a godsend to this thread? Because you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom