• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Elf [Max Factory] and Insane Black Rock Shooter [GSC] delayed until July/August respectively. :(

I guess that lessens the burden on my wallet for this month, but it adds to the other months. But then, given my luck, items from July/August will likely be delayed as well. >_<

As a positive, my Asmodeus shipped [with tissue cover]! I should have her by the end of the week, hopefully.

Arveene

Neo Member
Elf [Max Factory] and Insane Black Rock Shooter [GSC] delayed until July/August respectively. :(

I guess that lessens the burden on my wallet for this month, but it adds to the other months. But then, given my luck, items from July/August will likely be delayed as well. >_<

As a positive, my Asmodeus shipped [with tissue cover]! I should have her by the end of the week, hopefully.

It definitely makes this month's order a bit smaller for me. I missed the preorder dates for Asmodeus so I've been F5ing the proxy sites and Manda like a madman.

In other news, I think I'll be buying a DSLR later today.

It definitely makes this month's order a bit smaller for me. I missed the preorder dates for Asmodeus so I've been F5ing the proxy sites and Manda like a madman.

In other news, I think I'll be buying a DSLR later today.

Just added you onto our Gaf page :)

.....I so wish there was a way to add extra mods while keeping the group locked on MFC =p.

Got an email from Sideshow, Iron Man Mk. VII is set to arrive on the 24th of June.

Anyone else get this email? I was told by Sideshow themselves on Friday that I should be expecting my figure in early July... So yeah...

Cheska

Figured I would offer it to you guys first, but I'm going to be selling my SIF EX Odin Sphere Velvet statue. She's been displayed in my detolf glass case for about a month but honestly I can't get over how much bigger she is than the rest of my figures. PM with an offer if you're interested.

Don't get banned. LOLOLOL.

I have to actually make a cancellation request too... Ugh. How did you word it?

I usually start with "dear amiami team," keep the message short and end with "sorry for the inconvenience" and sign my name. For the actual reason you can cite budget or space issues.

It might be overly polite/saccharine, but I've cancelled maybe 5 things with them so far and never had a problem.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Don't get banned. LOLOLOL.

I have to actually make a cancellation request too... Ugh. How did you word it?

Straight to the point a with a little "please don't ban me" thrown in, like this:
I would like to request a cancellation for my pre-order (order number), I really won't be able to pay for it when it's due out without putting myself in more debt then I can handle at the time. I don't intend to make a habit of this, and am still looking forward to the rest of my pre-orders and doing more business with you in the future.

Also it's not a short notice cancellation so hopefully they decide the last 3 years of business was worth my custom.

So Ques Q is doing a scaled version of Amy from Gargantia.... And she's in her belly dancer outfit from a couple of episodes back. Hope they pull it off.

2013-06-10-1.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
I'm going to admit it. I've never heard of Ques Q so I have no idea regarding their track record.....

They're a newer company so they don't have much of a track record yet. Nothing they've put out looks very good or bad. I might get their Elizabeth, and their Flandre Scarlet looks pretty good, but they haven't really proven themselves yet like Phat Company has.

someone on 4chan trying to sell this lot for $500... how much would you pay, GAF? Keep in mind this was the line they cancelled, but some managed to get into the wild.

I really have no interest, but I can see someone springing for it. Even just for potential resale value down the road.

someone on 4chan trying to sell this lot for $500... how much would you pay, GAF? Keep in mind this was the line they cancelled, but some managed to get into the wild.

easily worth $500. Those things are impossible to get and will only become more rarer down the line. I can see them being popular with unique toys fans and Tarantino fans

johnsmith

remember me
Not sure if I want this for the price (12800 before discounts). She's big (250mm), but not huge. Maybe if she was 300mm she'd be worth it. But she does look better than Megahouse's Rise, and that was just as expensive. Hmmmm. I'm weak for anything Persona, maybe if she comes out in a light month (mfc says August).

Preorders start tomorrow.

tumblr_mo9nte0QYk1qzdctco2_500.jpg

tumblr_mo9nte0QYk1qzdctco5_500.jpg

tumblr_mo9nte0QYk1qzdctco3_500.jpg

tumblr_mo9nte0QYk1qzdctco6_500.jpg

http://ohnoraptors.tumblr.com/post/52772755526/p4u

Mitsuru is going to be a buy for me I think. The final version is quite impressive. Interesting that they show her without the coat. I wonder if that's just to show off the detail underneath or if it's cast-off.

Is she really going to make August though? Seems too soon.

Mikhal

I'd have instantly preordered Mitsuru if I didn't already preorder Belldandy for August. One or both will probably get delayed, but I can't risk having to pay for both in one month!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So yeah, Ami-Ami let me cancel, and I didn't get banned, they still have a tough front about it though:

Order cancellation is not accepted in principle at our store, however.
While we can cancel your order this time, we would ask that you try to keep cancellations to a minimum in the future

Now that I know not to order 1/6 scale figures and the like from them I don't think I'll ever have to cancel again.

Can someone help me out here? I want this figure quite a bit but don't know if they even will ship to the Us or sell it outside of Japan. how would I go about preordering this?

http://kyoani-gekijou.shop-pro.jp/?pid=60010880

These places will ship to you:

http://biginjap.com/pvc-figures/7591-chuunibyou-demo-koi-ga-shitai-takanashi-rikka-1-8.html

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/figurines-others/5353-chuunibyou-demo-koi-ga-shitai-takanashi-rikka-limited-edition.html

N-Y is a bit cheaper.

Not sure if I want this for the price (12800 before discounts). She's big (250mm), but not huge. Maybe if she was 300mm she'd be worth it. But she does look better than Megahouse's Rise, and that was just as expensive. Hmmmm. I'm weak for anything Persona, maybe if she comes out in a light month (mfc says August).

Argh I hope it's discounted well =/, will get but will cry in a corner XD

Holy mother fuck! Dat price! She's a P4A figure, so I don't think I can resist. But come on, where the shit is our Labrys already!?

chrono01

URG!

I was going to pass, due to my high-number of current pre-orders...but this looks too amazing. ~_~

I already have Insane BRS, Belldandy and Holy Bell, Melty, Katsuragi, Saior Moon Figuarts, and Venusaur D-Arts for August, though [assuming none are delayed].

I'll have to give this one some thought...

URG!

I was going to pass, due to my high-number of current pre-orders...but this looks too amazing. ~_~

My only complaint about her is that they went a bit overboard on the black. She could have used another color for a trim on that catsuit.

She's not exclusive is she? Will Ami have her?

johnsmith

remember me
Question, are Vertex figures worth the price or it's just the Misturu figure that's expensive?

They're a new company without any track record, so whether she'll be worth the price is questionable. Definitely not like Max Factory where you'll know the final product will be great.

chrono01

My only complaint about her is that they went a bit overboard on the black. She could have used another color for a trim on that catsuit.

She's not exclusive is she? Will Ami have her?
Nope, she looks to be Standard run, so AmiAmi/HS/etc. should have her!

Pre-orders open tonight! I won't be placing an order right away, though, I need to give it a bit more thought first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom