• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-orders open tonight! I won't be placing an order right away, though, I need to give it a bit more thought first.

I'm in as soon as she goes up. She's one of the Persona figures I've been planning to get anyway. The other being Labby, as soon as they decide to put her up for pre-order. Holy shit is this taking a while.

chrono01

I'm in as soon as she goes up. She's one of the Persona figures I've been planning to get anyway. The other being Labby, as soon as they decide to put her up for pre-order. Holy shit is this taking a while.
Let us hope that the reason they're slow is because they're making the product as great as it possibly can be. After the recent Chie/Rise exclusives, I'm kind of skeptical. :(

Also, while Vertex is a new company, their previous Asuka was apparently nearly flawless, although you paid a small fortune to own her. :(

I have Kotobukiya's upcoming Asuka [eye-patch version!] on pre-order, that will likely satisfy me.

chrono01

Same! She's 1/6 scale, isn't she?
Wise choice!

Yeah, she's 1/6 scale, so for the price, that's an incredible deal. From those that saw her on display [in Japan], they said she's a lot larger than they originally thought too [even them knowing in-advance that she's 1/6 scale].

I'm excited.

vareon

http://tf6.tamashii.jp/archives/29147301.html

7b0bb344.png

It looks like Bandai is teasing an SH Figuarts of "Mr. Y", if I don't misunderstand the google translated page.

chrono01

Yeah, sad to see that she was delayed.

It didn't influence my pre-order any since I'm going to wait a bit before I pre-order her [unless they offer an incredible store discount], but I know many were expecting her tonight.

Yeah, sad to see that she was delayed.

It didn't influence my pre-order any since I'm going to wait a bit before I pre-order her [unless they offer an incredible store discount], but I know many were expecting her tonight.

You're going to wait on her? Sure she won't sell the fuck out?

chrono01

You're going to wait on her? Sure she won't sell the fuck out?
Probably not. Vertex's figures tend to stay up for a generous amount of time going by their past releases.

I'd imagine she'll be available for at least a month, quite possibly two. Either way, I don't foresee myself waiting longer than a week to decide whether I want to add her to my collection of not.

Jayhawk

Ugh, I really want to pre-order that Mitsuru. I am hoping I will be able to on Sunday night, since I will be away on a trip until then starting tomorrow morning.

Labrys

Have any of you used the Private Warehouse on HLJ? How exactly does it work?
I have a couple of figures pre ordered there, might use it if shipping isn't too high...

chrono01

Have any of you used the Private Warehouse on HLJ? How exactly does it work?
I have a couple of figures pre ordered there, might use it if shipping isn't too high...
I haven't used it, but from what I read:

When the item is released and HLJ receives it, they charge you for the item. Then they store it in their warehouse for up to 60 days. This means you can essentially stockpile 1-2 months of orders into a single shipment to save on shipping cost. On the down-side, you'll have to wait until all of the items come in stock, but you can always choose to "Ship Now" if you're in a hurry.

meh just used sal reg for mai. Not worth ems-ing one fig. I was thinking of getting something else but I remember I have a ton of stuff I want to get later on.

I haven't used it, but from what I read:

When the item is released and HLJ receives it, they charge you for the item. Then they store it in their warehouse for up to 60 days. This means you can essentially stockpile 1-2 months of orders into a single shipment to save on shipping cost. On the down-side, you'll have to wait until all of the items come in stock, but you can always choose to "Ship Now" if you're in a hurry.

I've used it quite helpful if you wanna sparse your order arrivals lol, but expect a 2 days or so, delay from your orders for them to ship it out from the warehouse.

sky

I swear to god that I need to start getting up at 5am if I'll ever have any hope of catching my restock notices.
No kidding. I was looking for that Aegis art works version, and missed out yesterday :( fuuuu...

You know what would be awesome? A system like figinstock that would also purchase the item automatically for you, if it met your specific criteria (price, preowned quality rank, etc). Yeah I just said that. Imagine the power... and the danger... >_>

Also just noticed that the figma Asuna is delayed until the end of july. Probably old news, but yeah.

Arveene

Neo Member
You know what would be awesome? A system like figinstock that would also purchase the item automatically for you, if it met your specific criteria (price, preowned quality rank, etc). Yeah I just said that. Imagine the power... and the danger... >_>

I can just picture the massive amount of overdraft charges now...

Edit: On a somewhat related note, http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/728636. Wat do? The obvious solution is I need to move into a large place to have a room dedicated to my figure collection. I might end up doing that this year.

Torraz

Third ever figure has arrived (first non-Alter).

Phat company - Ikagura (senran kagura).

First time in a while that I haven't had any standing preorders for anything.

Don't really like the faces on the Hibari and Katsuragi figures, so I'll pass on those.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just paid for Shiranui Mai. I ended up ordering both colors since I couldn't decide, so it was a bit pricey for me. I'm not used to buying more than one figure at a time, heh.

Her shipping seemed a little high for SAL, I'm guessing because she's fairly large at 1/6?

I'm having second thoughts about Mitsuru, now. Good thing they delayed her by a day.

I mean, Persona figure, fuck yeah! But then, her design isn't really anything special. And her color scheme is very drab. Plus holy shit dat price.

I think I'm gonna keep waiting on that Megahouse Labrys. One day... one day you will be mine, my sweet robotic princess.

How much is Mitsuru gonna cost? I hope she's not exclusive.

Further back in the thread, ¥12,800 (before discounts) was mentioned. But Plastikitty is saying ¥8,800. Still a bit steep for something from an unproven company. She doesn't really grab me the way a $90 figure should. My reaction to Hacker Chelsea was like "holy fuck, I need that!"

Further back in the thread, ¥12,800 (before discounts) was mentioned. But Plastikitty is saying ¥8,800. Still a bit steep for something from an unproven company. She doesn't really grab me the way a $90 figure should. My reaction to Hacker Chelsea was like "holy fuck, I need that!"

platikitty probably means 8800 for ikaruga (which is what is listed on MFC).

Mitsuru is definitely a get for me unless something changes within the next 5 hours.

johnsmith

remember me
¥8,800 was the Senran Kagura figure mentioned in the article. Mitsuru is ¥12,000.

chrono01

Bombless

Mitsuru looks great but I really hate the coat, with the peg that sticks out way too much (it may be at the back but still). Given that I really can't justify the price.

I don't think she'll end up in the bargain bin, but it's possible.

I'm passing as well. She looks great, but for some reason I'm not getting that "OH MY GOD I NEED TO HAVE HER!!!!" feeling. The price-tag only furthers this.

Strangely enough, I had that omgawesome feeling before I saw her painted. Then I was like "oh, uh........"

Ordered Mitsuru. 9,950 on BiJ. I'm surprised a lot of you guys passed. I think Vertex killed it based on the pictures. I might display sans coat though.

Man, currently playing through KEY's Rewrite visual novel and it kind of makes me wish that there were nice figures available other than the ones available from FurYu.....

sca2511

Love Like the Mitsuru figure and I'm dumb for Persona. Cost is kind of pushing it and if I do pre-order her, she'd hopefully be my last figure of the year. Maybe.

edit: Taking a second look at her pictures. Is that a seam at where her bangs should separate? It looks strange. Guess I'll hold on it.

Third ever figure has arrived (first non-Alter).

Phat company - Ikagura (senran kagura).

First time in a while that I haven't had any standing preorders for anything.

Don't really like the faces on the Hibari and Katsuragi figures, so I'll pass on those.

I'm really split between this on and the Vertex one :(

zftHzA1.jpg

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Sorry, just out of curiosity: How do you justify buying some of those very risque, erotic figures when facing family members? As in, how did your parents react to those busty anime girls? I´m buying figures myself, but only those I can explain to others. But Ill run thin on explanations once that Tharja-figure is released

Sorry, just out of curiosity: How do you justify buying some of those very risque, erotic figures when facing family members? As in, how did your parents react to those busty anime girls? I´m buying figures myself, but only those I can explain to others. But Ill run thin on explanations once that Tharja-figure is released

They stay hidden away in the cellar, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom