• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ lol both solid answers.

For real though, what do you like about those figures dgenx? If your reason for buying them is weird, I can see it being hard to explain. If it's not though, why not just say it?

I don't own anything I'd consider erotic though. It's not really my style

Sorry, just out of curiosity: How do you justify buying some of those very risque, erotic figures when facing family members? As in, how did your parents react to those busty anime girls? I´m buying figures myself, but only those I can explain to others. But Ill run thin on explanations once that Tharja-figure is released

Simple. I don't buy them. :D

Srsly, I'd kind of creep myself out a bit if I bought any that were too naked. I even stay away from bikini figures.

Ordered Mitsuru. 9,950 on BiJ. I'm surprised a lot of you guys passed. I think Vertex killed it based on the pictures. I might display sans coat though.

I passed not so much because of the price, but more because there's nothing about her that really wows me. Not enough color. Honestly, I was more excited before I saw the final painted version. Now I'm back to hoping for more Labrys info.

Tharja is pretty mild, all things considered. She's from a Nintendo game after all.

That's also true. I can't see many people being bothered by her.

I passed not so much because of the price, but more because there's nothing about her that really wows me. Not enough color. Honestly, I was more excited before I saw the final painted version. Now I'm back to hoping for more Labrys info.

That's cool man. Definitely not worth spending the money if you're not feeling the design.

Not sure what I'm going to do about Labrys. I might wait and see how the quality is when people receive her, then try and grab one after if it's good. Don't trust Megahouse and Persona.

Edit:

Shit! I'm on my phone, but someone head over to Tomopop and post the pic of the new X-force Psylocke bishoujo. So fuckin' cool!

Lol here you go:

KOT11110-noscale.jpg

That is pretty cool. Might be my second bishoujo.

That's also true. I can't see many people being bothered by her.

That's cool man. Definitely not worth spending the money if you're not feeling the design.

Not sure what I'm going to do about Labrys. I might wait and see how the quality is when people receive her, then try and grab one after if it's good. Don't trust Megahouse and Persona.

Edit:

Lol here you go:

KOT11110-noscale.jpg

Never been interested in Marvel bishoujos.....but I've got to admit. I'd buy that in a heartbeat if I saw it at a comic convention.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Simple. I don't buy them. :D

Srsly, I'd kind of creep myself out a bit if I bought any that were too naked. I even stay away from bikini figures.

Okay, that´s a good stance. But I wasn´t really talking about you then. I´m talking about those of you that DO buy figures of big breasted girls and super revealing clothing, or daring poses, swim suits and stuff. One guy posted earlier he bought two version of the same Mai Shiranui, who´s basically a pair of talking boobs. How do you justify those in front of your parents and not-so-close friends?

Okay, that´s a good stance. But I wasn´t really talking about you then. I´m talking about those of you that DO buy figures of big breasted girls and super revealing clothing, or daring poses, swim suits and stuff. One guy posted earlier he bought two version of the same Mai Shiranui, who´s basically a pair of talking boobs. How do you justify those in front of your parents and not-so-close friends?

I like fighting games

gokieks

I simply don't buy figures that I would be at all ashamed to display to people who visit. Even the GSC Senjougahara figure I didn't buy at first despite the character being one of my favorite from anime in ages because of the slightly pervy up-skirt pose (mine is displayed using the alternate skirt pose, which is sadly quite plain).

honestly I buy things for me. If people want to hate then let them.

If I were to stop doing things when somebody said something or complained then I would never got into video games to begin with.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

I buy what I like, and don't care what others think of me for doing so, that said I don't believe I own anything that would raise eyebrows http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Luse666 so I still might not be one of the people your aiming your question at.

sca2511

The new Psylocke Bishoujo is beautiful. A little bit of me wishes that it was the new costume, but that's such a good pose and I'm really liking the darker color of the clothing.

Sorry, just out of curiosity: How do you justify buying some of those very risque, erotic figures when facing family members? As in, how did your parents react to those busty anime girls? I´m buying figures myself, but only those I can explain to others. But Ill run thin on explanations once that Tharja-figure is released

I don't, they don't appeal to me. Tharja isn't bad considering what's out there, I actually think the figure is pretty tame. All she's really doing is bending over on a stack of books. Only one of my cousin's thought it was strange that I have many female figures, but it was probably in general since none of them are risque. I buy and collect DC/Marvel comics and I love that their women are strong, it also helped that the art and sculpt for most are great, that was my original reason why I started collecting the bishoujos. After that, I started buying figures of characters that I was familiar with.

Bombless

Welp, another Bishou to add to my DO WANT list. >_<

I collect figures from shows/games I play/like. Yes, most of them are female, some of them are scantly clad (Power Girl, Supergirl, Yoko) and some have rather salient bosoms (Kongiku's is legendary) but that's not the reason of collecting them (not that there'd be anything wrong with that, I'm just not interested). Also lately I've taken interest into figures with flowing robes/capes/cloaks (Mao I choose you!). If you like the figure why be embarassed about it?

In other news : Saw Nanaki on Plastikitty and went "YES" until I checked the picture. I'm sure I can bend his paws but that image is just...ugh. Do not want :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

That was me. I actually main Mai, so she's not really just a pair of talking boobs to me. No more than Ken is a walking pair of biceps, anyway. Or Dante is some killer abs. I have figures of both of those, too.

I have a lot of fighting game stuff, commissioned art, custom joysticks/pads, figures, statues, artbooks, etc., etc. I don't have to justify those purchases to anyone, but if you must know, it all comes together pretty well thematically.

I bought both because I couldn't decide what color I wanted. I'll probably just sell the other.

For anything that's not fighting game/video game stuff (like my Villetta Nu), I just keep it stored by my anime stuff. I don't have that many figures, but when something looks exceptionally good to me, I get it. I don't bother with things like family judging me because my family has a tendency of being incredibly narrow minded. I love 'em, but I really don't care about their opinions. Friends don't judge me because they know who I am. I like buying pretty things. As long as you're comfortable with yourself, I don't see how something like that would really bother you.

On other note, that Psylocke looks really good. Way better than the original Bishoujo, in my opinion.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Branwen?

Ignis is fine as long as you keep her dressed. Arshes too.

Branwen would raise an eyebrow I guess, what with the slave girl motif, but I'm not ashamed of owning it. Ignis and Arshes are kept clothed, I bought them to display as is. The Ritual statue can also cast off, and I display it with the top off, but she has a moderate bust that looks natural, and her tattoos are too nice to keep covered up.

My wife, my mother in law, and my sister in laws never batted and eye lid at them, and even if they did I'd still have them on display. Then again I can walk into a store and buy tampons for my wife without blushing.

I guess I just don't see why I'd need to feel ashamed or why I'd have to justify anything to anyone.

"Why'd I buy that? 'Cause it looks awesome!"

My bottom line is to buy what you like, and don't be so insecure about it.

LosDaddie

Banned

I went ahead and preordered this at my local comic shop. I gave them $60 (20% down) and told them to just reserve me a copy when it comes up in the ordering software. They know I'll have the figure paid off well before it ever ships. :lol

Unless MoS really disappoints me, I'm sure I'll keep the preorder. With my HT Avengers Hulk and Iron Man Mk7 already on their way, I think Superman was the only other character/superhero that I'd be willing to pay the Hot Toys' price for. Hopefully I can figure out how to pose Hulk vs Superman :)

Giolon

Asmodeus is finally mine! I can't believe it's been a whole year since the pre-orders went up. She was supposed to come out in January but Orchid Seed delayed her several times. Overall, I'm totally in love! The design came out fantastically and she lives up to the prototype - I couldn't find a single paint or casting flaw.

My only complaints are relatively minor. One is that her hair actually is the darker, more maroon color more in line with the official prototype shots rather than the brighter bubble-gum pink of the original artwork and that often shows up in photos of her. The other complaint is that the shading on her is a bit heavy. It can look almost like she has sun burn or soft-edged tan lines. However, in photography, both of those issues are easily alleviated w/ image processing.

Hot damn, best bishoujo yet, gotta have her...

The new Psylocke Bishoujo is beautiful. A little bit of me wishes that it was the new costume, but that's such a good pose and I'm really liking the darker color of the clothing.

Big Bad Toy Store already has her up for pre-order and is claiming a December release for $54.99 ($64.99 list price)... I hope I hope I hope. We have a complete, painted sculpt, so I imagine she'll be here before Bishoujo Black Canary. But I'm totally in love with the design. They managed to make her pose completely unique when compared with the rest of the bishoujo line. I guess after that awesome fan-made mock-up that surfaced a while back, they had to put some extra effort into it.

johnsmith

remember me
Like all bishoujos just wait until amazon has her with free shipping. Almost all of them drop below $50 a few months after release too.

Kew

Neo Member
Anyone have any idea if the Jaina Solo and (Mass Effect) Shepard bishoujos will drop like the others? Jaina has been pretty damn high in comparison to most of the other bish's since her release. Starting to wonder if there is some sort of Star Wars tax on her. Her box is very different from all the others as well.

As for Shepard, I'm not sure. I don't remember how Liara was or how low her price went down to on Amazon since I picked her up pretty early.

Anyway, DAT PSYLOCKE. Kinda wish they had done something with her psyblade but whatever. That pose is great and the face looks good, which is something I unfortunately can't say about a lot of the Marvel bisho's for some reason as of late.

Anyone have any idea if the Jaina Solo and (Mass Effect) Shepard bishoujos will drop like the others? Jaina has been pretty damn high in comparison to most of the other bish's since her release. Starting to wonder if there is some sort of Star Wars tax on her. Her box is very different from all the others as well.

I dunno about Shepard. She seems to be sticking around $65 or so. Jaina, if anything, has been creeping up in price. She was around $63 a couple months back, now she's around $75-ish. Still can't decide if I want to pick her up or not. I'll definitely grab Mara Jade whenever she comes out.

Also, Okami FTW.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Asmodeus is finally mine! I can't believe it's been a whole year since the pre-orders went up. She was supposed to come out in January but Orchid Seed delayed her several times. Overall, I'm totally in love! The design came out fantastically and she lives up to the prototype - I couldn't find a single paint or casting flaw.

My only complaints are relatively minor. One is that her hair actually is the darker, more maroon color more in line with the official prototype shots rather than the brighter bubble-gum pink of the original artwork and that often shows up in photos of her. The other complaint is that the shading on her is a bit heavy. It can look almost like she has sun burn or soft-edged tan lines. However, in photography, both of those issues are easily alleviated w/ image processing.

Great pics of a lovely figure, and one I wish wasn't an exclusive, couldn't budget her in, but Ishiyama Satoshi always delivers some of the most voluptuous sculpts out there, no one better to sum up lust.

Giolon

Whaaaaa? How long has she been out? / How popular is she that she's getting a re-release?

She came out last November. She's also being treated more as part of Kotobukiya's existing Star Wars ArtFX line rather than the Bishoujo line.

Great pics of a lovely figure, and one I wish wasn't an exclusive, couldn't budget her in, but Ishiyama Satoshi always delivers some of the most voluptuous sculpts out there, no one better to sum up lust.

Thanks! I'm planning on taking some more this weekend. I also have Lucifer (Pride) on order and will probably get Satan (Wrath). Asmodeus especially though, I knew I had to have from the moment I laid eyes on her! Demon girl, pink hair, giant horns? Voluptuous figure? It's like they hit every checkbox.

I was going to get Mammon (Greed) too, but they pumped up her boobs to Cattleya ridiculous levels. Now I'm not so sure. Again I love her design (everything from Asmodeus above + drill hair!), but man...there is a limit before things just become absolutely egregious.

Also if you still want to pick up Asmodeus, a few places like Nippon Yasan still have her available though at fairly inflated prices. T.T

LiK

Hot Toys Superman up for preorder at BBTS and Sideshow. Same price so I guess order from whoever you like better.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Thanks! I'm planning on taking some more this weekend. I also have Lucifer (Pride) on order and will probably get Satan (Wrath). Asmodeus especially though, I knew I had to have from the moment I laid eyes on her! Demon girl, pink hair, giant horns? Voluptuous figure? It's like they hit every checkbox.

I was going to get Mammon (Greed) too, but they pumped up her boobs to Cattleya ridiculous levels. Now I'm not so sure. Again I love her design (everything from Asmodeus above + drill hair!), but man...there is a limit before things just become absolutely egregious.

Also if you still want to pick up Asmodeus, a few places like Nippon Yasan still have her available though at fairly inflated prices. T.T

Satan looks awesome, if they nail the paint job, (and don't make her exclusive) I'll probably get her. Mammon's boobs are too big, shame 'cause if they were just a bit smaller it would warrant a purchase. I'll just live vicariously from pics of Asmodeus, my wallets in a constant state of Flux as it is.

Hot Toys Superman up for preorder at BBTS and Sideshow. Same price so I guess order from whoever you like better.

At $199 he should be about £135-£145 from my local Hot Toy dealer. Good price, just need to see the movie sooner then I expected to. Please be good! Please be good!

KOT11110-noscale.jpg

Just saw this on SF. GODDAM that is so mine. I feel bad for selling my WW and X23 now. They seem like they would go well with this psylocke >_<

....now about that mara jade and chun li

Whaaaaa? How long has she been out? / How popular is she that she's getting a re-release?

It's Star Wars bro. She's also one of the most popular EU characters.

Psylocke seems to be going down well over here. Love the dramatic pose. I think we'll hear more about her at SDCC next month. Hopefully a variant as well.
I think it has more to do with the poses conveying a sense of motion. If you think about it most figures that we collect have a very grounded and static look to them. I'm doubting a variant but I'll gladly take a version with a mask on her face. That would be badass!

I think it has more to do with the poses conveying a sense of motion. If you think about it most figures that we collect have a very grounded and static look to them. I'm doubting a variant but I'll gladly take a version with a mask on her face. That would be badass!

Yup, no worries about her tipping over or breaking a peg :p

It's more wishful thinking about getting variants but seeing how Storm and a few other Marvel bishojos had variants I'm hoping we'll see a version in her original X-Men costume. Maybe in the not too distant future.

Also why would you sell Wonder Woman?

Arveene

Neo Member

It's a hobby. I like collecting figurines and that makes me happy. If they really do care about you, then they'll accept that. If you really think about it, figure collecting is an expensive hobby. If you're in a position in life where you have enough disposable income to spend on things like figure collecting, do they really have a right to question it?

Torraz

I'm really split between this on and the Vertex one :(

zftHzA1.jpg

I actually really like Ikaruga's uniform / clothing (and the underwar is so plain), so I decided against the vertex one. Plus, the phat company version was at a more decent price point when I preordered it a few months ago.

----

:edit: Can't find this Tharja figure on amiami. When will it be released? Anyone have a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom