• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's not officially painted yet I don't think. There's a coloured photoshop out there though.

Got your back bro XD:
tumblr_miwiz3cGD61qzp9weo2_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_miwimuxqIZ1qz4rgp.jpg

http://tinycartridge.com/post/44171625413/people-seem-captivated-by-the-tharja-figure

Anyone here know if AmiAmi back-order stuff ever comes through? Just impulse-ordered a black-clad Mai figure.

Have been fighting the urge to order more stuff, but it's been powerful hard...

You know I was looking at my Play Arts figures today and I had recently come across this image
http://images.wikia.com/metalgear/images/4/44/020-=-=kjjhyt.jpg
I had been blaming Square-Enix for alot of problems with these figures(paint being a legitimate problem)
My biggest problem with MGS1 Snake had been the proportions with the extremely tiny hands,feet, the thunder thighs and the gigantic pouch.
Now it seems they were just following the character model from Kojima Productions.

Sorry for that I had complained about those issues in here a few times, just admitting that I was kinda wrong about it.

johnsmith

remember me
Got my Megahouse Rise. Now maybe its because i was expecting the worse, and partially because like Yukiko, she's just not photogenic, but she definitely doesn't look as bad as I was expecting.

I still wouldn't recommend over the older, but cheaper, Wave version though. I only bought her because I'm such a sucker for anything Persona.

m3knPdP.jpg

W2XNrfy.jpg

Tomopop updated the Bishoujo Psylocke article with a full gallery. Including side views and the all-important butt-shot.
That's going to be a buy, no question. Looking great.

Giolon

For late Nov, Dec releases is it a bad idea to preorder under SAL shipping since it's the holidays? Should I go for EMS?

In my experience, yes it's a bad idea. I normally get SAL packages within two weeks, but during the holidays, it stretches out to up to 6 (and the point where I start panicking, thankfully always needlessly so far). The chaos lasts until mid January too.

Pay EMS, get your stuff, and rest easy.

Blusby

In my experience, yes it's a bad idea. I normally get SAL packages within two weeks, but during the holidays, it stretches out to up to 6 (and the point where I start panicking, thankfully always needlessly so far). The chaos lasts until mid January too.

Just as I feared, when Tharja goes up for preorder I now know to choose EMS, thanks!

And speaking of Phat Company, their Meruru finally sold out on amiami, and she got delayed again, to July.

I never got a notification this time, but that helps me out alot! My June pay-check was getting pretty thin.

For late Nov, Dec releases is it a bad idea to preorder under SAL shipping since it's the holidays? Should I go for EMS?

I live in the UK and I always order SAL, receive them within 3 weeks regardless of the time of year. I would like to use EMS just to be safe, but I always get charged custom fees if I do.

Got my Megahouse Rise. Now maybe its because i was expecting the worse, and partially because like Yukiko, she's just not photogenic, but she definitely doesn't look as bad as I was expecting.

I still wouldn't recommend over the older, but cheaper, Wave version though. I only bought her because I'm such a sucker for anything Persona.

m3knPdP.jpg

W2XNrfy.jpg

That's going to be a buy, no question. Looking great.
As much as I wanted to grab MH Rise, kinda glad I did not. If her price drops I might bite then

cajunator

Banned
Never heard of the source, but this is kind of cool. Phat Company does good work. Though a little too moe for my tastes.
FIGURE-000585_01.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-000585

And speaking of Phat Company, their Meruru finally sold out on amiami, and she got delayed again, to July.

I have the PLUM one preordered but Yoshino is such a cutie I might get this second one. This is the curse of figure collecting. Its sooo hard to control yourself.

EMS is worth the extra money for insurance and tracking. Its really the best way to go. Its also very fast and reliable. Fuck all other methods of shipping unless the item is really cheap.

Just got an e-mail from AmiAmi about my Mai back-order...

Asking for the money.

Goddamn it, every time I try to get out, They. Pull. Me. Back. IN!

At least it was a figure I really wanted. That makes it okay, right?

preordered that Vertex Mitsuru. looks incredible in those promo shots.

Ditto, trying out BiginJapan cheaper price at least lol

and:

Good Smile confirm a mass of further delays
Good Smile Company

figma Asuna
Elf (Lineage II)
Homura Akemi 'You Are Not Alone' ver. (WonFes exclusive)
Nendoroid Snow Miku: Strawberry White Kimono ver. (WonFes exclusive)

Rin Kagamine (Re-release)
Len Kagamine (Re-release)
Nendoroid Mikudayo
Nendoroid Monokuma
Nendoroid Hoshikuzu Witch Meruru

FREEing

1/7th Scale Racing Miku 2012 ver.

Penguin Parade
Penguin Parade - Yukimura Kusunoki
Penguin Parade - Petanko Yui
Penguin Parade - Petanko Yuri
Penguin Parade - Petanko Tenshi

Phat! Company

Nendoroid Houki Shinonono
Meruru
Minicchu IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 01
Bayonetta

That's a lot of figures! The silver lining is that all of these delays are for one month only, back to July. Still, this is sort of getting out of hand. I can understand production issues for big, elaborate figures, but a lot of what's here is basic stuff. Get it together GSC.

Edit: Due to confusion, 1st delay list link: http://www.tomopop.com/good-smile-company-announces-june-s-roster-of-delays-30763.phtml

preordered that Vertex Mitsuru. looks incredible in those promo shots.

I was totally going to buy her, but when the full painted images came out, I was just underwhelmed. I think it has to do with the color scheme. It's simple, and it makes her look a bit drab.

LiK

Peeps seen this?

Finished being coloured look.... but oh Play Arts why must you look so horrible =S:

And to Sailormoon fans:

those Play arts SF figures looks like SHIT.

and i prefered Warrior of Light PA when it wasn't colored. looks too bright in that shot. maybe it's the filters they used...

Arveene

Neo Member

Bombless

Up close the coat looks even worse. But the rest is top notch, yeah.

I've checked a few pictures of Play Arts Ken, and while in some he looks good on others his skin is really weird. Those pictures above with the purple light are just horrible though, yeah.

Edit : Took a better look at Ken on Hobby Search, the pants and that weird skin texture...What the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom