• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
X_nEVuP0.mSgh9e0JKcrGw.jpg

yikes, terrible. How could they do that to me?

those Play arts SF figures looks like SHIT.

and i prefered Warrior of Light PA when it wasn't colored. looks too bright in that shot. maybe it's the filters they used...

There's something about articulation that I grew out of as I grew older. It takes away so much from a figures look. I only don't mind it if the joints are covered. It's funny cause I like the un-colored prototypes of PA Kai's stuff too(prolly cause it hides the joints better)

Bombless

Grabbed both Black Mai yesterday and Jaina just now, thanks guys. I wouldn't be able to spend all my hard earned money without you all!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I want all the sailor scouts:( And a tuxedo mask.

I really hope it happens.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ditto, trying out BiginJapan cheaper price at least lol

and:

Good Smile confirm a mass of further delays

Edit: Due to confusion, 1st delay list link: http://www.tomopop.com/good-smile-co...ys-30763.phtml
Oh good thing the Miho from GuP Nendo is not delayed. Due out this month. Would have meant I delayed my Alter Akari for no reason (had to quickly throw it in the monthly order when its delay took it out and I hadn't realised until AmiAmi started asking for payment)

Oh good thing the Miho from GuP Nendo is not delayed. Due out this month. Would have meant I delayed my Alter Akari for no reason (had to quickly throw it in the monthly order when its delay took it out and I hadn't realised until AmiAmi started asking for payment)

Same.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I know Neca ain't a foreign figure which is mostly what this thread all about, but I just got this guy today and his left leg is warped were the foot connects. Even without that the knee joints don't like to stay in a pose, so I'm a bit disappointed, hope the Revoltechs are better in that regard. :S

Also got this guy today, but I can't open him out until later tonight.

My first issue with AmiAmi. They sent a registration number for SAL that shows that my Mai was delivered to Florida...in 2012...

Hopefully they'll be able to clear things up. This must be the financial gods' way of punishing me for impluse buying figures instead of paying off my car.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
My first issue with AmiAmi. They sent a registration number for SAL that shows that my Mai was delivered to Florida...in 2012...

Hopefully they'll be able to clear things up. This must be the financial gods' way of punishing me for impluse buying figures instead of paying off my car.

The codes they use get re-used, it just hasn't updated in the tracking system yet, shouldn't be anything to worry about.

SUPARSTARX

I know Neca ain't a foreign figure which is mostly what this thread all about, but I just got this guy today and his left leg is warped were the foot connects. Even without that the knee joints don't like to stay in a pose, so I'm a bit disappointed, hope the Revoltechs are better in that regard. :S

Nah, foreign stuff is just made a lot more. I like some of the neca stuff. Thinking of the 1/4 iron man heh..

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

In addition to what Zeitgeist said above, the tracking in general is pretty unreliable. You might actually receive your figure before you get your first meaningful progress update. SAL Registered is really mainly for the insurance anyway, though.

gokieks

For those that collect 1:4, 1:5, and 1:6, apparently this list is a leaked list of all the stuff sideshow will show at SDCC

Man, can't wait to see that Mara Jade figure.

And I got a FigInStock alert for a Moka Akashiya Awakened ver. 1/8 Complete Figure today, but 16000 JPY is too much for a figure that I like but don't necessarily love.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Snake Eyes is mostly awesome, his hands are hard, and if you try to bend them at the wrist they fall off. I never saw the second movie, this is just a pure childhood nostalgia purchase, most realistic 1985 looking Snake Eyes on the market, can't wait for Storm Shadow now. Also gave Black Widow his SMG, 'cause her tiny guns suck.

My Eaglemoss DC Batman Chess collection is complete.

I received The Question, Katana and Batwing today. The last three pieces I needed. I still need to get the board, but I'm happy:).

The Superman chess piece that starts the Justice League set is quite good. I'll have pics later.

Takuan

You guys have probably already seen the new bishi Psylocke. Hot figure that I may wind up getting anyway, but man how I wish her sword arm wasn't positioned the way it is.

GrayFoxPL

Snake Eyes is mostly awesome, his hands are hard, and if you try to bend them at the wrist they fall off. I never saw the second movie, this is just a pure childhood nostalgia purchase, most realistic 1985 looking Snake Eyes on the market, can't wait for Storm Shadow now. Also gave Black Widow his SMG, 'cause her tiny guns suck.

I love the G.I.Joe movies - fun as fuck and Snake Eyes + Storm Shadow make up in badassery for most of the last 13 years.

Gah! I want a Suzuha so bad, and everyone is sold out except for Play-Asia ($150) and BBTS ($192 lololololololol). What do I do? Do I put an order in with Play-Asia and hope AmiAmi gets more before they charge my card?

When is she actually coming out? AmiAmi says Summer 2013, which is super-vague.

Did you name him Gimpy?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I love the G.I.Joe movies - fun as fuck and Snake Eyes + Storm Shadow make up in badassery for most of the last 13 years.
Only saw the first one, and the Snake Eyes design in that was the stuff of nightmares to me, though the movie brought out the little kid in me, I can't watch it if I'm not in the right mood, the adult in me groans, I will see the second when it hits Blu Ray though.

Did you name him Gimpy?
Yes, I did, fellow Sideshowfreaks member. Which reminds me I still need to see if I can fix his foot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom