• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Takuan said:
They charge their own handling fee for SAL Registered. I don't see an option for SAL on their website, and was unsuccessful in trying to contact them for information (their listed e-mail is not up to date, or their servers were down) when I tried to inquire about a Revoltech Vash the Stampede figure. It's probably around the same price when all's said and done.

I do I like that HLJ gives a breakdown of shipping options and costs right on the product page.
Yeah, you have to dig a little. Their site isn't the best when it comes to looking up tracking info.

Link

Takuan

DemiMatt said:
Sorry for the poor light, there isnt really any in my office, but man oh man does this figure look amazing. Not as great waist articulation as the War Machine and MK 4 will have, but def an improvement on all fronts from the original MK 3.

This has been my new hobby and fuck me is it expensive. But man are they so0o worth it!

Anywyas here are some pics!
Sweet! Damn it, they're so hard to resist, but I'm in no rush. They don't drop for another while, anyway.

BobLoblaw said:
Yeah, you have to dig a little. Their site isn't the best when it comes to looking up tracking info.

Link
Ok, they really need to make that more visible on their website! With their low prices and the SAL option, they're now the clear #1 option in my mind. Time to order Vash.

A little late but man that One Piece collection is beautiful. I missed my chance on getting a Mihawk awhile back too bad I just barely got into the show. The character designs are amazing.

After months of searching at various TRUs a buddy of mine finally found this for me at retail price (about $13):

tf_animated_arcee.jpg

Damnit! I can't find anyplace that has the Bishoujo Psylocke statue. It's either sold out, not yet available, or the site only takes PayPal, which I don't have.

samusx

Banned
Here are some shots of the Revoltech Alien figure that came out in the early part of April.
I picked mine up on launch day and took these photos but didn't post them till just now.
Oh well. This figure is nice.

AlienHunterpost.jpg

Alienstormpost.jpg

These are my custom made figures. Base models are from the now defunct Upper Deck All Star Vinyl line.

Tampa Bay Bucs
4595309097_f84302bfb8_b.jpg

Lakers Sunday White
4595308549_f22434db1c_b.jpg

Washington Bullets Throwback
4595308827_948cd97676_b.jpg

Washington Redskins Throwback
4595925174_7d785927db_b.jpg

Kenwyne Jones of Sunderland
4595924038_cbaff40dc2_b.jpg

selig said:
Sorry for the question, but as a complete figur-noob, I´d like to ask:

Does anyone know if there are some really hot Monster Hunter-girl figures? Now that I´ve become that addicted to MH3, I´d like to express my fandom by getting just a single super hot figure of the franchise :p

I couldn't dig anything up, but I'd like to know this as well.

AMUSIX

dentoomw said:
Been eyeing this Vanessa PVC...

10104329a.jpg

Supposedly the clothes are removable :D
Where? I'll seriously buy it now (not for the removeable clothes, but because Vanessa is fucking awesome)

edit: HA! nevermind...seems I'd ordered it already a while back...I was a little inebrieated one night, and woke up the next morning thinking I had a new Venessa statue...searched the house for it and assumed it was just some fucked up dream...now I see what happened...

wonder what else I ordered that night...

and why do I have a new asian bride?

S. L.

radiantdreamer said:
Yes, but unfortunately, none of them are prepainted.
They did sell a few that were prepainted before, but they're long sold out now.
i recently started building my first figure kit... its fairly easy (compared to gundam stuff) but i haven't painted the eyes yet >_<

Snaku

Banned
112738l.jpg

Got Tsuburaya Hero Series WoO, and Ultraman Nexus Evoltruster + Blast Shot off Yahoo Japan recently. Been looking for WoO for a very long time; it's the perfect desk figure. :D

Snaku

Banned
galactus_eat_world said:
Stumbled across these a few weeks ago. Finally found some that weren't outrageously over priced.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3392/4622227930_48bed3ec2f_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Then you might be interested in this.

[url]http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=FIG-IPN-1224&template=default/product/e_display.html[/url]

I'm surprised not more figures have been released for shows like Samurai Champloo, Sword of the Stranger, and perhaps most of all... Mononoke-Hime! I would love to have a figure of the prince. He's like the ultimate Hero character.

Also does anyone know where one can buy specific Gashapon / Candy toys / phone straps / keychains? I'm looking for some specific ones from One Piece. Only place I found was Ebay:I

Vigilant Walrus said:
I'm surprised not more figures have been released for shows like Samurai Champloo, Sword of the Stranger, and perhaps most of all... Mononoke-Hime! I would love to have a figure of the prince. He's like the ultimate Hero character.

Also does anyone know where one can buy specific Gashapon / Candy toys / phone straps / keychains? I'm looking for some specific ones from One Piece. Only place I found was Ebay:I

ban958906.jpg

HLJ seems to have a variety of gashapon and candy toys among other things.

There were a few small storyimagefigures for Samurai Champloo but I guess it wasn't popular enough of a series? Even Bebop's figure merchandise is rather limited.

Flek

Banned
Takuan said:
My latest acquisition, 3A / Ashley Wood N.O.M. Commanders Thrice Naut and Post Fire (Post Fire pictured):

Dope packaging!
noms16.jpg

Post Fire gesturing, posing
noms14.jpg

noms15.jpg

noms13.jpg

I know im late but thats damn nice

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yeah, that figure that Takuan posted of that soldier with the gas mask looks pretty sick, that detail and style is amazing...

painey

moving and having to sell this, but as I was listing it for ebay I got to take a photo
DSCF3569Medium.jpg

Bandai truly made the best figures

Aad

I want to start collecting One Piece Portrait of Pirates figures, is there a definitive list I could use as a reference to track them all down?

Anth0ny

OHMYGOD @ all those POPs above. I envy you.

I only have Strong World Luffy, Franky, and Kuma at the moment. I'll be picking up Croc and Strong World Robin and Zoro soon.

Of course, Whitebeard will follow.

*wallot cries*

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
saw this beauty in a shop in akiba, but they were sold out, so after searching every box in the store I gave up and got it online.

15y93mf.jpg

qqq0dt.jpg

2rz6g61.jpg

ne9mgw.jpg

Gamble said:
Anybody know of any hobbie shops or collectibles shops in the philly area that sell stuff like this?

Honestly, I still think that the best places to buy figures like this isn't at a hobby shop, but online. The prices hobby shops charge after their mark-ups are sometimes slightly more expensive than buying online at the big store like amiami, hobbysearch and hlj.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom