• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got mine last week. SO WORTH IT.

IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5888.jpg

Gamble

radiantdreamer said:
Honestly, I still think that the best places to buy figures like this isn't at a hobby shop, but online. The prices hobby shops charge after their mark-ups are sometimes slightly more expensive than buying online at the big store like amiami, hobbysearch and hlj.

Yeah I figured that was the case I'm just impatient lol but thanks for the tip :D

kiryogi

Banned
Damn, if it wasn't for my ban I woulda had Momohime pics up first :D That said great pics y'all. And in terms of finding her... No idea, everywhere seems to be sold out. You'll probably see her at anime conventions for a markup. I got mine from HLJ preorder.

A buddy of mine was able find me a Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock at a local Toys R Us a couple of days ago:

DSC_9602.jpg

I've been wanting to get the Japanese Takara version of this for quite a while (the apron and serving tray accessories that version comes with is dope :lol), but I just couldn't justify the $150+ price tag. The US Hasbro TRU exclusive version is $70...pricey, but still much cheaper than the Japanese versions.

kiryogi

Banned
54-46! said:
Any general tips for cleaning figures? I've got this one:

21dhr0m.jpg

r1zui8.jpg

Yknow I dunno for sure. I used canned air for the most part. I should maybe invest in a small dust brush or something. Anyone in here got more pointers? This is a catagory I would like a little more enlightment in.

tenderoni

Neo Member
I'm a girl and I really enjoyed all the images in this thread. My personal favorites are the sexy girls looking all cute and badass in their awesome outfits. Oh how I wish we could dress like that... but i digress. Honestly, this would not turn me off from a guy, if anything it would make me more intrigued. If that is his thing, then that is cool with me and I would enjoy learning about it. I don't get the stigma that says being into something "nerdy" means you are nerdy. As long as you have confidence and handle yourself well, you can be into anything you damn well please. Any girl who is unwilling to be with you for the sole reason of you owning figurines most likely has her own insecurity issues that inhibits her from opening her mind. Probably not worth your time...

Lourio

GamePnoy74 said:

Nice pickup! What other Hasbro Masterpieces are there - Prime and Starscream correct? Had no idea they made a Grimlock .

I recently picked up the Takara Megatron Masterpiece with the upgrade package. Hope to post pics soon.

Patrick Roy said:
Nice pickup! What other Hasbro Masterpieces are there - Prime and Starscream correct? Had no idea they made a Grimlock .

I recently picked up the Takara Megatron Masterpiece with the upgrade package. Hope to post pics soon.
Here in the US...I think Hasbro released a couple different versions of Prime over the years, as well as Starscream (with a more 'cartoon accurate' color scheme compared to the original Takara release), Skywarp (but not Thundercracker...yet?), and that Grimlock just a week or two ago.

There's an upcoming Masterpiece Rodimus Prime (first announced in the Takara Masterpiece 'Sleep Convoy'/'Dead Prime' package), looking forward to that.

tenderoni said:
I'm a girl and I really enjoyed all the images in this thread. My personal favorites are the sexy girls looking all cute and badass in their awesome outfits. Oh how I wish we could dress like that... but i digress. Honestly, this would not turn me off from a guy, if anything it would make me more intrigued. If that is his thing, then that is cool with me and I would enjoy learning about it. I don't get the stigma that says being into something "nerdy" means you are nerdy. As long as you have confidence and handle yourself well, you can be into anything you damn well please. Any girl who is unwilling to be with you for the sole reason of you owning figurines most likely has her own insecurity issues that inhibits her from opening her mind. Probably not worth your time...

You sound like every nerd/otaku/geek/gamer fantasy girl.

Lourio

GamePnoy74 said:
Here in the US...I think Hasbro released a couple different versions of Prime over the years, as well as Starscream (with a more 'cartoon accurate' color scheme compared to the original Takara release), Skywarp (but not Thundercracker...yet?), and that Grimlock just a week or two ago.

There's an upcoming Masterpiece Rodimus Prime (first announced in the Takara Masterpiece 'Sleep Convoy'/'Dead Prime' package), looking forward to that.

Whoa, thanks for the heads up! This Rodimus Prime would go very well with my other Masterpiece figures! Has a release date been announced?

Edit: Looks like January 2011

Link

randomwab

Patrick Roy said:
Whoa, thanks for the heads up! This Rodimus Prime would go very well with my other Masterpiece figures! Has a release date been announced?

Link

Oh my god! I must have him! Only got the Optimus Masterpiece, but it's a fantastic figure.

JesseZao

I bought star wars figures when I was 10. I'm no longer 10. I don't think I'll ever understand the need.

Edit: For better context you could read that as I'll never understand the appeal. (For people that love these things, they "need" more of them.) Chotchkies just aren't my thing.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
BobLoblaw said:
Finally got a new camera. My newly started One Piece collection and a snapshot of my other conquests.

4411754440_3145e94e56_o.jpg

4411754630_bf89653a1a_o.jpg

4410987729_b48cc97b8b_o.jpg

4410987909_5194501116_o.jpg

4410988141_7d59cafed2_o.jpg

4411755470_60003f1c36_o.jpg

4411755786_381679fbe2_o.jpg

4410989089_b065aa3861_o.jpg

I would pay good monies for all of these! I will post my (small) collection soon.

Patrick Roy said:

Link

I really hope Masterpiece Rodimus Prime's vehicle mode without the trailer simply looks like Hot Rod/regular Rodimus' vehicle mode.

The original G1 Rodimus Prime vehicle mode without the trailer was just...sad.

rp9.jpg

Takuan

@BobLoblaw NICE collection. I'm probably pulling the trigger on the P.O.P. Strong Edition Zoro, that figure is just too sweet. Do you know if a P.O.P. Trafalgar is coming out anytime soon? I imagine it's inevitable, but probably won't be available until 2011. I missed out on the Grand Line Men figure and don't mind dropping the extra $ for a larger, more detailed version of him.

randomwab

DrForester said:
So they're doing Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime? Or both figures come in the box? Or the figure can become either vehicle, and either robot?

From what I can tell, the one figure can be either Hot Rod of Rodimus Prime.

expy

Banned
radiantdreamer said:
Honestly, I still think that the best places to buy figures like this isn't at a hobby shop, but online. The prices hobby shops charge after their mark-ups are sometimes slightly more expensive than buying online at the big store like amiami, hobbysearch and hlj.
That all depends on the original price online + whatever duties that may arise from an import.

expy said:
That all depends on the original price online + whatever duties that may arise from an import.

That is true. Though I found that the majority of the time, it's either negligible savings, or it's overpriced.

Duty seems to be luck of the draw, but the chances of requiring to pay duties increases as the order coming through gets bigger.

gokieks

_dementia said:
How much do you guys think the Alter Dizzy will cost? More than Momohime?

It's the same scale I think, but there's quite a bit more material and sculpt work. So I'd be really surprised if it's not at least 2000 or 3000 yen more than the Momohime one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom