• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

samusx

Banned
The Japanese think that girls with deformed legs like that are cute.
Not to mention the overgrown teeth that many girls got going.

Yuck.

DrForester said:
I'm all for anime figures it's just that picture made her feet look twisted.

samusx said:
The Japanese think that girls with deformed legs like that are cute.
Not to mention the overgrown teeth that many girls got going.

Yuck.

I do agree, but this ain't a review/criticize thread. People here are showing off their loot because they're proud of it. So ease up dude.

Pengew

5414071437_179ef9499b_b.jpg

radiantdreamer said:
How much did you pay for your Ayane? Because I was selling that for like, $25.

Congratz on getting back into the work force! Good way to celebrate. :)

Hah, about $40 or something. The $15 wouldn't have made much of a difference. I'm from the UK. The shipping costs more than the figure itself.. :p
So it's coming up to about £50, but I don't really care. I got the other 3 for very good prices so it all adds up.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to receive one of a few holy grails. I can't wait to get it!

galactus_eat_world said:

That's pretty sweet. You put that together yourself? Is it one of those Kotobukiya plastic models like Hoi Hoi San?

Dabookerman said:
Hah, about $40 or something. The $15 wouldn't have made much of a difference. I'm from the UK. The shipping costs more than the figure itself.. :p
So it's coming up to about £50, but I don't really care. I got the other 3 for very good prices so it all adds up.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to receive one of a few holy grails. I can't wait to get it!

Holy grail eh? That's got me kinda excited. Better not disappoint! :p

Nice job on the Joker shot. Man, that is an amazing figure... those Eva ones pale in comparison, but it looks like Woody is enjoying them.

Cool that you got your Ayane too. I still have mine. I do like how much more anatomically correct she is compared to the average anime figure. BTW, she is capable of standing without her stand, if I recall.

LProtag

I've made a few gunpla, but I'm pretty bad at it. I have a revoltech or two as well.

Maybe when I have a bit more money I'll get some more mecha. I don't know if I could justify spending money on figures.

nib95 said:
Holy shit at the Joker. Can you get it in the UK? Also how much?
You can get it in the UK but most likely from eBay.. And it's not cheap. I paid £130 for mine. That one normally goes for £200.
The closer the likeness the more harder and expensive they get.

I want this!
13003-550x-MMSDXJoker25.jpg

I don't have much interest in figures but just about every Hot Toys figure makes me go weak at the knees, they're so good!

Michael_Jackson_Hot_Toys_Thriller_Monster_Figure.jpg

99.jpg

2218946452_30574092b2.jpg

Bow down to the masters...

lifa-cobex

DrForester said:
I would love to unload this piece of junk figure (mine doesn't stand up either)....

It looked so good in the box but i wish i had never bought it.

Not enough blu-tack in the world to keep this thing from falling over grrr

No_Style

I thought I'd ask figure GAF about this.

Where can I find a dome case or box case for figures in Canada? Glass or plastic doesn't matter. I just want it for cheap

I checked Google & eBay, but no luck. They're always $30+

lifa-cobex said:
It looked so good in the box but i wish i had never bought it.

Not enough blu-tack in the world to keep this thing from falling over grrr

Make that three. I'm considering super gluing the whole thing to a piece of wood to keep it standing up.

expy

Banned
Android18a said:
I got this too! :D

She's not wearing a skirt right now though.
Can you even remove it? I tried tugging her torso to see if it was modular but I stopped cos it seemed like it was going to break.

Takao

Banned
Uguuu, Kotobukiya just announced this bad boy last week:

F1dwY.jpg

onsXB.jpg

NNUaY.jpg

Kotobukiya Medabots KBT00 - Metabee <3 <3 <3 <3

It's a six inch figure available in September. I must get it, and Gun Nose.

When I get money I want to grab a Dragon Ball Evolution Enterbay Goku.

i wish i still had my second job, that's where all my "cool stuff" money came from. these days, i'm missing out on so many cool figures. really want to get Alter's Dizzy, but she's expensive, plus i'll be broke from the 3DS in a couple of weeks.

i'll post some of mine.

DSCN0094.jpg

DSCN0120.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

edit: should be okay, now.

Well, I have a Gurren Lagann revoltech. And some lego mecha. And then I have some papercraft. Papercraft are pretty cool because they're like figures except that they're free... and you can dispose of them any time. My collection was getting out of hand so I destroyed most of mine.

Edit: By the way, does anyone know if you can find the red or blue Canti figure anymore? I was searching around online but didn't see it anywhere.

yes, she does lean, unfortunately. i think it's because of the pegs on her base? they do fit into the holes on her boots, but i don't think they're snug enough to hold her steady. my remedy to the problem was to put a nerf dart under the front of the base so that it'd be higher, so as she'd lean forward, she'd actually be steady. not the prettiest solution, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom