• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So the only figure I own is the blonde maid from Mahoromatic maid that my brother gave me for christmas the other year.

I was eating sushi with a friend and decided afterwards that I would check out the anime store across the street full knowing that I could get stuff cheaper online regardless.

The lady in the store had three figures for sale. One of them was Silfietta Luashia from Meishyoku no Reiki. I sort of contemplated buying it but I wasn't sure. It's made by Alter. She wanted I believe around $85 or $87 for it.

http://www.hlj.com/product/ATS82146

She also had a Nanoha figure from Alter and an Ivy from Soul Caliber figure.

Uchip said:
if you can name them all id be surprised
there are more but i cant be bothered right now
Besides the obvious ones like Kimba, Cloud, Zidane, Pikachu and One Piece, I can only recognize Momohime, Yoko, that girl from Spice and Wolf, and the cat from Kiki's Delivery Service.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
hirokazu said:
Sony Ericsson makes the worst phones.

2125mxg.jpg

Scyn

Just curious, when your display cases/shelves get full, what do you do with the figures you want to put away for the time being? obviously you don't want to put them in boxes because they will get damaged, unless you surround them with packing peanuts?

Uchip

Banned
Scyn said:
Just curious, when your display cases/shelves get full, what do you do with the figures you want to put away for the time being? obviously you don't want to put them in boxes because they will get damaged, unless you surround them with packing peanuts?

kind of worried about this
all of mine currently reside on the top of my computer desk
just kind of wrapped them in clothing when i took some of them back from Japan
that seemed to be fine i guess Styrofoam would be better though :p

expy

Banned
New ones: Belldandy, Tessa, Chidori, Shana

ezw5t.jpg

joDQH.jpg

Scyn said:
You get more display cases/shelves! (Not mine, I wish!)

Nqbho.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
sillik said:
Okay serious question figurerine gaf: what do you say/do when you bring a girl home ?

I don't want to sound like a dick, but I'm guessing a few of the people who buy these would probably end up dating girls who also like anime and whatnot so it wouldn't be weird to them.

expy said:
New ones: Belldandy, Tessa, Chidori, Shana

You get more display cases/shelves! (Not mine, I wish!)

I have that Belldandy too!

Those shelves are awesome. It's a great solution for the problematic bottom shelves of the detolfs.

sillik said:
Okay serious question figurerine gaf: what do you say/do when you bring a girl home ?

Interestingly enough, it was my wife that got me into figure collecting. She had no idea what she was getting herself into. She's not a figure collector or anime fan btw.

... it's been interesting.

sillik said:

I probably wouldn't be in to a girl who would find figure collecting "odd". It's a harmless hobby (unless you end up building shrines to Chiyo Chan or whatever..).

Anyway!

5619498459_776120a313_b.jpg

And FINALLY!!!!

The Holy Grail

5620089180_25bce751b3_b.jpg

Dabookerman said:
I probably wouldn't be in to a girl who would find figure collecting "odd". It's a harmless hobby (unless you end up building shrines to Chiyo Chan or whatever..).

Anyway!

And FINALLY!!!!

The Holy Grail

Damn those look SO AWESOME. Hey what's your friend code? :D

expy

Banned
Dabookerman said:

Anyway!
Which Mari is that?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I got all of those nice Kaiyodo Eva unit figures years ago. been out of the loop, but have they don't any for Rebuild? Notably the new units?

Uchip

Banned
Vox-Pop said:
what the best store to buy figures. i really want that madoka chibi figurine.

I really dont know
Japan was cool though, they had 8 floors tall figurine stores
each level was a different genre and you could trade in ones you didn't want any more

probably easiest just to buy online from a random anime store

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Uchip said:
I really dont know
Japan was cool though, they had 8 floors tall figurine stores
each level was a different genre and you could trade in ones you didn't want any more

probably easiest just to buy online from a random anime store
opps. yeah forgot to mention online. there was this site that usually had stuff for a few dollars less. sites like play-asia are just too expensive.

_dementia said:
5656023482_8d583a8408.jpg

Got myself the Jehuty revoltech. I like it.
Just ordered an Alter Dizzy too. Can't wait for that to arrive.

i am so jealous of you right now, the jehuty looks great, but man, i wish i had the money to get dizzy.

drunkendonuts said:
i am so jealous of you right now, the jehuty looks great, but man, i wish i had the money to get dizzy.
I usually don't buy figures as pricey as that, but from the moment it was announced last year, I started a Dizzy fund, haha.

Speaking of which, it arrived today!

MCD

_dementia said:
5674358061_4a9b8d3788_z.jpg

Got around to opening it today. It's a great figure.
She's great looking indeed, Congrats.

They need to make more Videogames related figures like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom