• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiro4

_dementia said:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5106/5674358061_4a9b8d3788_z.jpg

Got around to opening it today. It's a great figure.

Wow.. looks great!
If only I had the money for it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The Broken Ska Record said:
Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! I can participate

0zTX5.jpg

Bishoujo Dark Phoenix. My first statue. I'm not quite sure where to put her yet, but she's on my desk right now.

I like these Shuunya Yamashita Bishoujo figures. Just got these two:

qcQNSl.jpg

Leshita said:
How much did you get him for and from where?
I've regretted not getting him earlier and now struggle to find one at a decent price. :/

I got him for just over £200 off ebay. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it. The going price is usually £250+

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
That MGS stuff is awesome.

The Broken Ska Record said:
I really like that Ms. Marvel. I would have loved the Psylocke figure, but it's not as big a deal as Dark Phoenix is for me.

The only thing that bothers me about these figures are their proportions in relation to each other. They all seem to be noticeably-different sizes, lol.

Ob9XGl.jpg

Lyte Edge said:
The only thing that bothers me about these figures are their proportions in relation to each other. They all seem to be noticeably-different sizes, lol.

Kotobukiya changed the sizes of their Bishoujo figures late last year/earlier this year, starting with I think the Catwoman/Black Cat duo. Newer figures are about a 1/8-scale and the older ones are about 1/9 to 1/10-scale, if I remember right.

Also, next ones up on the DC side of things are Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn as a single statue. Can't wait. :)

Lyte Edge said:

http://i.imgur.com/Ob9XGl.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]
Aw, that's a shame. I'm really anal about stuff like that. :(

Fucking hell. I was looking at the prices of Max Factory Morrigan.. £600!
I had to check up on the price of my gravity suit samus to make me feel better after that..
Crazy prices. Medicom Raiden seems to go for £300 + (I got it for 80)

Prices are a bit insane.

Dabookerman said:
I got him for just over £200 off ebay. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it. The going price is usually £250+

That is a great price; did you get the full set with the police costume + body?

10153071a7-550x.jpg

Pre-orders just opened for the new Gwendolyn (Odin Sphere) from Yamato. She looks gorgeous!

I kinda want this guy more, though:

FIGIPN1983_09-550x.jpg

Dat old-school Tiger Mask from Dive. They've been doing a lot of these older figures lately (Lum came out last month and Lupin before that) and it's great to see these classic characters getting some love from ... well, someone besides the garage kit crowd!

_dementia said:
I got my Ikaruga model kit this past Friday.

BPKzWl.jpg

I'm kind of antsy about assembling it TBH.

That's a Koto kit, right? Shouldn't too much trouble: they usually make their kits pretty easy to put together, though with my Mega Man, there were a few things I had to watch out for with small parts.

NihonTiger90 said:
They're making Tekken Bishoujo figures. Thoughts?
My first thought is do want.

edit: I really hope they do one for Leo. I'm doubtful though because they tend to play up her androgyny in all the official documentation :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I just moved, and I am looking for a nice glass shelf to display some of my figures. Not that big of a footprint, maybe 4 or 5 shelves. Hopefully sub-$100, maybe a top light, but that's not essential.

Anyone have any recommendations?

DrForester said:
So I just moved, and I am looking for a nice glass shelf to display some of my figures. Not that big of a footprint, maybe 4 or 5 shelves. Hopefully sub-$100, maybe a top light, but that's not essential.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Ikea Detolfs are the default recommendations. The limitation of it though is that it's a square footprint. If you want rectangular, then you have to look elsewhere (which I'd be interested in knowing too!)

collection2011_01_14.jpg

More figures!

Solune

_dementia said:
It sure is. Way nicer price on the NCSX site too.
Ahh I ordered through them because I thought it was a steal LOL. They haven't even started shipping them either. Oh well, I got lost in the hype. Post pictures of yours when it's complete!

Edit: Oh read that as pricier, failure to read happens during work. Good to know though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom