• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
radiantdreamer said:
Ikea Detolfs are the default recommendations. The limitation of it though is that it's a square footprint. If you want rectangular, then you have to look elsewhere (which I'd be interested in knowing too!)

Wow those look perfect. We have a giant Ikea store opening in 2 weeks here in Denver, might go see if they sell it in store and if it's on their grand opening sale.

3N16MA

Banned
Where do you guys keep all this stuff? Man cave? I would love to have a few pieces to incorporate into a man cave (Hot Toys and Sideshow have some nice pieces) but I wouldn't dedicate the whole space to figures.

3N16MA said:
Where do you guys keep all this stuff? Man cave? I would love to have a few pieces to incorporate into a man cave (Hot Toys and Sideshow have some nice pieces) but I wouldn't dedicate the whole space to figures.
I'm looking for a storage solution myself. I have no space for all my figures. Sadly many of them remain boxed.

3N16MA said:

In boxes :lol

I need to get those cabinets.. but as it stands, I need a bigger room in the shared place i'm renting...

_dementia said:
I'm looking for a storage solution myself. I have no space for all my figures. Sadly many of them remain boxed.

Same... :(

I actually cycle through them annually, taking some out, and putting some away. It's a big hassle.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Square Enix Play Arts Kai bringing the noise to SDCC! If I weren't a junior I'd post a thread on the gaming side (if that would make sense?):

Uncharted 3
5954562717_5285006f74_b.jpg

Arkham Asylum
5960100106_f367e5dd56_z.jpg

5959539441_abac4a7d23_z.jpg

Vanquish
rGnAq.jpg

dKGpr.jpg

Halo
oeB6V.jpg

FNRtA.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 1
CF67x.jpg

YaNFK.jpg

God of War
ulTAP.jpg

Theyre all amazing! I want pretty much all of them... Square really upped their game figures quality when it's other peoples franchises, lol!

radiantdreamer said:
Ikea Detolfs are the default recommendations. The limitation of it though is that it's a square footprint. If you want rectangular, then you have to look elsewhere (which I'd be interested in knowing too!)

More figures!

I have been looking for something like this for a while. The price is nice too! Might pick a few of these up. Thanks for posting.

Pie and Beans said:
Theyre all amazing! I want pretty much all of them... Square really upped their game figures quality when it's other peoples franchises, lol!

Too bad about their games....

But yeah, I want all of those!!!

EYEL1NER

I've recently wanted to start buying some figures and models. Sexy anime type stuff.
I bought an Ikki Tousen figure for pretty cheap on eBay.

But man, these things are not cheap. I see the most awesome figures, especially Ikki Tousen stuff, but they are pricey.

xXJonoXx

Just picked up this figure from Amazon for $49 but hasn't shipped yet:

Kotobukiya%20Bishoujo%20Statue%20-%20Supergirl%200003.jpg

Will be my second Kotobukiya Bishoujo figure in a week. Never owned any type of figure like this before. My other figure is the Bishoujo Catwoman which I love. Anyone who happens to own both, can you compare Supergirl's size to Catwoman? Quality?

The announcement at SDCC11 of Kotobukiya making a Bishoujo of Liara from ME3.. I was drooling. Also can't wait for Mystique and Poison Ivy.

xXJonoXx said:
Will be my second Kotobukiya Bishoujo figure in a week. Never owned any type of figure like this before. My other figure is the Bishoujo Catwoman which I love. Anyone who happens to own both, can you compare Supergirl's size to Catwoman? Quality?

The announcement at SDCC11 of Kotobukiya making a Bishoujo of Liara from ME3.. I was drooling. Also can't wait for Mystique and Poison Ivy.
Supergirl appears to be of a bigger scale than Catwoman; from length of arms alone I would say it's safe to say she's larger. Also, the peg of her foot that holds her onto the base is much longer and seems more secure than the one keeping Catwoman perched on her base.

Supergirl's also slightly taller than Wonder Woman, though she's standing perched on a cloud and WW is firmly planted to her base, and would be considerably so were she standing fully upright as WW is.

xXJonoXx said:

Oooh! I want. It'd compliment my Phoenix figure quite nicely.

xXJonoXx

Spike Spiegel said:
Supergirl appears to be of a bigger scale than Catwoman; from length of arms alone I would say it's safe to say she's larger. Also, the peg of her foot that holds her onto the base is much longer and seems more secure than the one keeping Catwoman perched on her base.

Supergirl's also slightly taller than Wonder Woman, though she's standing perched on a cloud and WW is firmly planted to her base, and would be considerably so were she standing fully upright as WW is.

Thank you, I appreciate the insight into the scale! Can you comment on the paint application? I have heard some not so great things about the S on the chest, but everything else seems to be great. Also, what's up with the one strand of hair sticking up? Seems out of place, lol.

Giolon

Shared this with the VC thread the other day but you general figure peeps might like:

Swimsuit Selvaria by Alter:
SelvariaSwimPrototype.jpg
SelvariaSwimPrototypeConcept.jpg

Sold!

Though why she's half wearing her swimsuit, half wearing her normal uniform is beyond me.

xXJonoXx said:
Thank you, I appreciate the insight into the scale! Can you comment on the paint application? I have heard some not so great things about the S on the chest, but everything else seems to be great. Also, what's up with the one strand of hair sticking up? Seems out of place, lol.
The S-shield is definitely the worst thing about the statue, not only because of the paint scheme (its red is two-toned, the S darker and glossier than the border) but because it's rather poorly formed, especially the S itself. That could have something to do with the figure's, ahem, curviness, but it's been done better elsewhere.

Also, the hair sticking up from the bangs is just an anime thing. The Wonder Woman figure had it too.

bangai-o said:
i used to have a robocop toy next to my bed. My lady friend said i should be it somewhere else.

Tell her if that's how she feels about Robocop, maybe you'll start to feel the same way about her.

Grow a pair.

xXJonoXx said:

Saw this in stores, and was NOT impressed. It looked nothing like the prototype shots. :(
I've seen better Shunya figures.

The_Monk

Gaf, I was wondering if you could help me.

A few months ago I went to an Expo anime-cosplay-japanese related. As a souvenir I bring home some figurines, small ones, just to remember how a great day it was.

The thing is... I have no idea who they are or where from, I was wondering if I take some pictures would you be kind to identify and tell where and who are they please?

Because I'm curious, thank you in advance.

The_Monk said:
Gaf, I was wondering if you could help me.

A few months ago I went to an Expo anime-cosplay-japanese related. As a souvenir I bring home some figurines, small ones, just to remember how a great day it was.

The thing is... I have no idea who they are or where from, I was wondering if I take some pictures would you be kind to identify and tell where and who are they please?

Because I'm curious, thank you in advance.
I would give it a try, sure.

Dabookerman said:
I actually have a similar question...

Who is this?
003_20110724124049.jpg

It's a really cute figure, but have no idea who it is..
Google's reverse image search leads me to this
http://canals.egloos.com/4604114

tiff

Banned
Dabookerman said:
I actually have a similar question...

Who is this?
http://blog-imgs-43.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/003_20110724124049.jpg[IMG]

It's a really cute figure, but have no idea who it is..[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it's Charlotte from Infinite Stratos.

The_Monk

Thanks _dementia and any other Gaffers.

Ok here they go. Sorry for the bad quality.

1bDoDl.jpg

(it's sexier in the back)

dWsaKl.jpg

Spc3dl.jpg

And finally I know this one is from K-On (right?) but I forgot her name.

9YMGBl.jpg

Giolon

The_Monk said:
Thanks _dementia and any other Gaffers.

Ok here they go. Sorry for the bad quality.
dWsaKl.jpg

Spc3dl.jpg

These two are from Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny. The 2nd one is definitly Meyrin Hawke. I can't tell if the 1st one is her or if it's supposed to be Flay Allster.

watatatow

The_Monk said:
http://i.imgur.com/dWsaKl.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Spc3dl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Giolon]These two are from Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny. The 2nd one is definitly Meyrin Hawke. I can't tell if the 1st one is her or if it's supposed to be Flay Allster.[/QUOTE]
Both are Meyrin, Flay has an entirely different uniform.

D'oh! I thought this was about painting figures. I just started painting one! Ive so far really like the Reaper and Pathfinder brands and the minis are really small so you need a steady hand. Been fun so far.

I love looking at models like this when I venture into a comic store. Unfortunately here in Aus, these things seem to be prohibitavely expensive.

yamato_cammy05.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom