• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

Oh, my Spiderman is coming!! I need a display case to put some of my things up. Dust sucks. I have a collection of some first three Naruto trading figure stuff, they're pretty dusty from being put out in the open.

spidey13.jpg
hot-toys-spider-man-3-spiderman-figure-mms-8.jpg

hotToysSpiderman2.jpg
901_goblin.jpg

And a New Goblin / James Franco one is coming out soon. Still on preorder.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Hey guys, someone I know is selling off a collection for a recently deceased collector's family to help cover final expenses.

I personally can't say I'd feel comfortable owning a (potentially possessed) toy from a deceased collector. I wonder how my surviving members will deal with all the crap that I've accumulated...

mrkgoo said:
I don't have a shot of it at the moment, but it's nothing fancy. A long time ago, I made a light box consisting of a frame, a roll of white paper, white wrapping tissue covering the frame and two desklamps on either side.

It was based on something like this:
http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent

Since, however, I've moved on, and use a proper, but still cheap, light box, which is essentially the same idea, except it folds up. I still use two desklamps on either side, and another lamp which I use to illuminate above or in front. The bulbs are all 5000K daylight white.

Oh interesting! I have a similar lighting setup using a frame and wrapping tissue paper. The shots I posted a few posts above, most of them used that with a single light on the left, and a reflector (just a white piece of cardboard) on the right. It ends up looking kinda dark, but has some interesting drama (I think).

I think I've seen the lightbox you're talking about, they sell one at London Drugs for like $100 or something.

... maybe that's my problem, I'm not using bright enough lights. 5000K eh?

SUPARSTARX said:
Damn, that's real good. Would go well with the Playarts kai MGS Peacewalker stuff too!

And OG Snake? Want.

I actually got to photograph the prototypes up close. They are impressive as heck, and the detail is amazing.

Sylver said:
Wow this one Jessica Rabbit has been spotted today, I loved when was very younger.
CSN6K.jpg
J5mOG.jpg

szViA.jpg
xvERI.jpg

Not sure if pre-order it or not.

It's from Sideshow. They usually do great work. Saw this as SDCC and it made my jaw drop. The only thing keeping me from getting it is the price, to be honest.

Also, in the world of odd bedfellows: Linkin Park is partnering with Good Smile Co. for a fundraising event, and they're making Nendoroid Petits of the entire band.

SUPARSTARX

DemiMatt said:
Got this figure yesterday, he is simply amazing in person. Cannot wait, I have a whole photo series in mind :D

314819_10150770290730508_747120507_20599515_8008146_n.jpg
I just got mine today from BBTS!! But I have nowhere to display it yet, so it's going to sit in the box for now. :(

SUPARSTARX

Got Spidey and my other Donnie Yen thinger. I'm done collecting for now until Hot Toys Batman Begins TF Exclusive and Hot Toys Christopher Reeves' Superman releases in October and December.

I used ghetto lighting from flashlight apps on my android phone and iPod touch from different angles. The result? Not too shabby.

ht017.png

ht018.png

czhead.png

spider1t.jpg

spider2fa.jpg

hiro4

NihonTiger90 said:
Zero Suit Samus from Max Factory confirmed: http://t.co/l0HbY8a

One of my writers saw it tonight on Figure / GK. Looks like figma Samus is coming as well. Both are coming next year.
Oh shit!
This one and the Catherine one are going to be mine. Next year.
At least I have some time to save my money xD

SUPARSTARX

Figma Samus looks like a must purchase!

Dipped a little more into Enterbay stuff, as I'm a huge fan of Chinese comics. Found a Striding Cloud figure back in stock.

These were very limited in production because of a staff shortage.

This is based off Hong Kong singer/actor Aaron Kwok from The Storm Warriors movie.
Pic of Aaron Kwok to compare: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_abWw4UPNi...Aaron+Kwok)+prepares+for+the+final+battle.JPG
cloud007.png

cloud005.png

The armor design and composition on this is really really well done. I'm really impressed by the craftsmanship.

mrkgoo

SUPERSTARX: You really need to get some better setups for taking your figure pictures.

A lightbox is a very cheap thing to build and very effective. I understand that you were probably going for something quick and simple, but don't do that weird photoshop blurring thing. It makes the photo look more "amateur", and is more distracting rather than isolating the subject (without the blur, at least people can understand you're just taking some desktop snaps).

SUPARSTARX

mrkgoo said:
SUPERSTARX: You really need to get some better setups for taking your figure pictures.

A lightbox is a very cheap thing to build and very effective. I understand that you were probably going for something quick and simple, but don't do that weird photoshop blurring thing. It makes the photo look more "amateur", and is more distracting rather than isolating the subject (without the blur, at least people can understand you're just taking some desktop snaps).
I just wanted to blur out my computers info from the widgets. Figured I'd blur out a bit more around the picture too. :p

Might build up a light box later on but I don't have a good camera. In due time!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
radiantdreamer said:
Ikea Detolfs are the default recommendations. The limitation of it though is that it's a square footprint. If you want rectangular, then you have to look elsewhere (which I'd be interested in knowing too!)

collection2011_01_14.jpg

More figures!

These may have been discontinued by Ikea. Our new store never got them and they're now gone from the online store...

mrkgoo

SUPARSTARX said:
I just wanted to blur out my computers info from the widgets. Figured I'd blur out a bit more around the picture too. :p

Might build up a light box later on but I don't have a good camera. In due time!

Oh, if there's another reason to blur, sure. :)

I like how you tried to imitate the movie cover with Ip Man.

Uchip

Banned
Extollere said:
Thanks for the help Uchip :p

Basically its a lot cheaper when your friend lives in Japan
its cheaper in both the actual price and the shipping (since they can send it personally)

Lyte Edge said:
I'm sure they've been made before, but I have never come across larger-sized ones in the two+ years I've lived in Japan.

Absolutely. Cryptozoologist, there is no way I'd have any of these toys if I wasn't living here. I spent around 100-400 yen for most of the little toys and 900-1500 yen for most of the bigger ones...only a few did I buy new for 3000-8000 yen. The online prices are marked up and I couldn't justify paying $80 U.S. plus shipping for toys either.

Oh, this was outside a manga/toy shop area recently:

2132795910_f8baf63b28_b.jpg

That. Is. Awesome. XD

Absolutely love Yotsubato!.

Sylver said:
Wow this one Jessica Rabbit has been spotted today, I loved when was very younger.
CSN6K.jpg
J5mOG.jpg

szViA.jpg
xvERI.jpg

Its wierd to have the Disney brand near a set of jugs that huge. Jessica Rabbit is probably better known than Roger rabbit these days.

Michan

Sylver said:
CSN6K.jpg
J5mOG.jpg

szViA.jpg
xvERI.jpg

Am I the only one seeing the shape of her chest/stomach as Mickey Mouse?

mickey%20mouse-200x200.jpg

Darklord

Banned
Anyone know how much a 20 inch figure would cost to ship to Australia from the US? I want to buy a figure but I'm worried it's going to cost a ton just to get it here.

hiro4

RaginRoss said:
Also any guesses as to how much that Varia suit figure will cost?

Looks like a figma like figure to me, so I'm guessing around the 2000~3000 Yen range?
The Zero Suit figure, I'm guessing around 8000 Yen.

At least that is what I hope for.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Holy Jesus, finally a good, reasonably-priced Samus figure. Why the fuck did this take 25 years?

Hot Toys Batman is unreal. Am I seeing right that there's no neck articulation? Because that makes it all the more authentic to the source.

Rain_ng

Banned
Thought I'd share my Smallish Collection:

Mai

IMG_0047.jpg

Juri

IMG_0048.jpg

Glowing Eye

IMG_0068.jpg

Poison

IMG_0049.jpg

Blue Mary

IMG_0051.jpg

I-No

IMG_0052.jpg

Ayane

IMG_0053.jpg

Mai that everyone here seems to own

IMG_0054.jpg

Change of Pace: Metal Sonic

IMG_0056.jpg

Rogue... Hate the face. Up for Sale

IMG_0059.jpg

Mai 3

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Randoms, Small

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

Got LOTS of Street Fighter Figs, Just have Vega to hand

IMG_0067.jpg

Speaking of Vega, Got this the other day

IMG_0070.jpg

:D

SUPARSTARX

Shig said:
Holy Jesus, finally a good, reasonably-priced Samus figure. Why the fuck did this take 25 years?

Hot Toys Batman is unreal. Am I seeing right that there's no neck articulation? Because that makes it all the more authentic to the source.
There's a head sculpt on top of a neck piece that goes into the body. Those were just some prototype shots, there are already some completed products in hand and it's just as stunning.

11Aug18%20Wayne%20%289%29.JPG

11Aug18%20Wayne%20%286%29.JPG

11Aug18%20Wayne.JPG

11Aug18%20Wayne%20%284%29.JPG

P1070266.jpg

P1070265.jpg

P1070264.jpg

Custom Christian Bale sculpt on the right.

P1070257.jpg

P1070256.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom