• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
NihonTiger90 said:
Sure, go ahead and send me a list. :)

Also, I don;t have that Play Arts Kai but I have reviewed four of them so far. Other than Snake's bulky armor causing problems for me, I've liked all four of them pretty much.

PM sent.

Link me your reviews, I'd be interested to read them! I pre ordered Ryu and Chun Li and thinking of picking up Adam Jensen.

Extollere said:
Got my Yui Nendoroid (K-ON haters gonna hate)

http://sadpanda.us/images/646002-0RUXJGI.jpg[img]

It's my first figure, I guess (if a nendoroid is still considered a figure, or figurine). Totally adorable though. My wife is jelly, since she wanted it for her desk. Muahahah! (goddamn these things are expensive for what they are)

Still want a Homura nendoroid, and a shuniya yamashita figure :/[/QUOTE]

hee hee Yui is pretty cute. I've never watched the series, but I like the nendoroid. Here's mine:

[img]http://radiantdreamer.net/wp/random01/02.jpg

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Just received my Madoka nendoroid. :)

Amiami is great, even the cheap SAL shipping is fast.

I still want the big version, and this one:
Rjb8A.jpg

nib95

Banned
I never knew Toys were made so detailed till I saw this thread. Those Hot Toys ones....WOW. Actors that actually look ridiculously close to the real thing...seriously impressed.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Extollere said:
Amazon, of all places, had a few left.

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely pre-order it. The Mrs. went ahead and paid for a Mami nendoroid for her desk.
only one left...must resist.

zoku88

Vox-Pop said:

How long did the SAL take? (you also live in Cali, dont you Vox?)

Also, I got that figure recently :) (though, I think you might have seen it in the pickup thread.)

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
zoku88 said:
How long did the SAL take? (you also live in Cali, dont you Vox?)

Also, I got that figure recently :) (though, I think you might have seen it in the pickup thread.)
Yes I live in LA. I remember paying for it around the 28/29th and it came on Thursday. It took less than two weeks.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
radiantdreamer said:
Too bad the final edition is 1 - a different pose, and 2- no massive megaphone speaker towers.

10159960a.jpg

Derp derp I'm dancin'!
Oh, bummer. The other version looked insane, this one looks, well, not like something I need :(

edit: Wait, the speaker version is still there, called "DX version"! You spread lies!

Giolon

_dementia said:
Do you think it will be more than $200? I'm saving up starting right this second.
The price I'm expecting is between 14800Y and 18400Y, which currently translates to $190 - $237.

If it were even higher, I'd not be surprised.

zoku88

Giolon said:
The price I'm expecting is between 14800Y and 18400Y, which currently translates to $190 - $237.

If it were even higher, I'd not be surprised.
God, the exchange rate is so horrible now.
Vox-Pop said:
Yes I live in LA. I remember paying for it around the 28/29th and it came on Thursday. It took less than two weeks.
Do the packages still require signature when they're delivered?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
NihonTiger90 said:
Answer: faster than you can possibly imagine. The P.O.P. figures are generally ones you have to be there the second pre-orders open or you don't get them. One of my friends is a huge collector of the series and he often has to stay up into the wee hours of the morning to try and get one.

what IS a reasonable price for POP figures?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
BobLoblaw said:
The average price is between $60 and $80 without shipping. Some like Chopper go for about $30, but large ones like Whitebeard/Kuma went for about $100. Otherwise, the price is usually reflective of any additional parts/pieces that come with a figure. And holy crap I just realized I own 91 P.O.Ps. :O

man it sucks that places like HLJ have shipping to the UK which costs just as much as the figure itself and thats without customs tax. Could easily end up paying like £150 for a figure like Kuma (which is still stocked there!).

rather jealous of your POP collection!

BobLoblaw said:
The average price is between $60 and $80 without shipping. Some like Chopper go for about $30, but large ones like Whitebeard/Kuma went for about $100. Otherwise, the price is usually reflective of any additional parts/pieces that come with a figure. And holy crap I just realized I own 91 P.O.Ps. :O

:O
My plan is just to get one of each crew member except Franky.

Edit: I just realised that collection must have cost ~$9000!

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
zoku88 said:
God, the exchange rate is so horrible now.

Do the packages still require signature when they're delivered?
No since it was SAL the cheapest shipping offered, it wasn't insured either.

The exchange rate does sucks and it's about to get worst. :/

I happy with my first figure. Hope to get more once I find a new job.

Salsa

realized i never posted here? so might as well.. i also have these:

mmuggs004a.jpg

img1_nintendo---figura-yoshi-pvc-22-cm_0.jpg

and some dunnies..

92b18cd88c0cc37723f0ca1b759ed74c0736dbf6.PNG

amanda-visell.jpg

between some other stuff (more dunnies and other random figures)

Oh also im not too big into anime figures but i do like Death Note so i got this (already seen it in this thread):

nendoroid_L.jpg

sorry for the stock pics, i'll be taking my own pics soon.

havent been participating much in the thread since its mostly anime stuff and like i said i dont ussually get those :)

- J - D -

This would be as good a thread as any to ask:

Can anyone here recommend a good place to order Studio Ghibli collectibles? Anything from pvc figures, plushies, etc etc. I have a young niece whose birthday is coming up and I learned that she adores Ghibli films and doesn't have any Ghibli stuff.

I looked at Jlist and a place called loveghibli. The latter has a huge selection but the prices are fairly high.

They're not quite from the same lineage, but I buy one of the McFarlane Halo figures every six months or so. They look great, but depending on how much you move 'em bits of armor fall off. I've specifically been buying as much of the ODST variants as possible.

reach4assortment_spartanodst_photo_01_dp.jpg

Gonna pick up some rubber cement soon to fix 'em up, as it seems like the best solution that isn't permanent in case I fuck up the application.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Vox-Pop said:

Rjb8A.jpg

Why is she\he blushing and holding his\her skirt up?

Giolon

n8szj.jpg

HobbySearch has her up for pre-order! Nothing from AmiAmi yet, but I'd expect her to show up there in the next few hours. AmiAmi has her up now too!

The price is more reasonable than I expected - 9800 yen, w/ HS pricing her at 8330 and AmiAmi at 7800!

Giolon said:
The price is more reasonable than I expected - 9800 yen, w/ HS pricing her at 8330 and AmiAmi at 7800!

Sounds about right actually. I had my doubts about your pricing expectation since Dizzy was 11800Y, and Selvaria was 9800Y at hobbysearch.

BTW, preorders for Dizzy are still open if you missed the first run.

Giolon

radiantdreamer said:
Sounds about right actually. I had my doubts about your pricing expectation since Dizzy was 11800Y, and Selvaria was 9800Y at hobbysearch.

Yep, I was overly pessimistic, though Dizzy's only 1/8 scale, and Selvaria was 1/7. This is 1/6 scale and fairly huge! 1/6 scale figures start getting expensive depening on the manufacturer. At least it's not 1/4 scale...it'd be magnificent but I'd also be magfnificently broke.

BobLoblaw

Banned
whatsinaname said:
:O
My plan is just to get one of each crew member except Franky.

Edit: I just realised that collection must have cost ~$9000!
At least $9000. :( Thankfully, I only collect One Piece POPs and WCFs. Of course, the value is now worth more than I put in. >:)

radiantdreamer said:

For those on the fence, that Dizzy is worth it. The wing sculpts are fucking amazing.

BobLoblaw said:
At least $9000. :( Thankfully, I only collect One Piece POPs and WCFs. Of course, the value is now worth more than I put in. >:)

Which version of Brook would you suggest I try to find? The first one or the strong world? I don't like Brook, Usopp and Nami's new designs too much. So will have to get one of the older ones before the prices go above what they already are.

Also, do they ever do re-runs?

BobLoblaw

Banned
whatsinaname said:
Which version of Brook would you suggest I try to find? The first one or the strong world? I don't like Brook, Usopp and Nami's new designs too much. So will have to get one of the older ones before the prices go above what they already are.

Also, do they ever do re-runs?
The Strong World version of Brook is great. You can still find it in certain shops or online for a decent enough price. The original is ok, but not to scale. And yes, they do reissues, but not for any of the really old runs (as most of those already had reissues years ago).

Ken said:
Jehuty v.2?

FUUUUU I should have waited. My Jehuty v.1 is so ass in comparison.

I'll probably stick with what I have though. The mold appears to be the same as v.1 except for the "funnels" and the paint is a different color scheme.

I'll pick up Naked Jehuty if they release that though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom