• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
SUPARSTARX said:
There's a head sculpt on top of a neck piece that goes into the body. Those were just some prototype shots, there are already some completed products in hand and it's just as stunning.

[lots of Christian Bale pics]
Naw, I was referring to the Keaton Batman figure.

Giolon

Got my D-Arts Zero today to go with X. Posed them on my desk at work:
MMXZero.jpg

SUPARSTARX

Giolon said:
Got my D-Arts Zero today to go with X. Posed them on my desk at work:
MMXZero.jpg
They look awesome together. I might pick them up now. I just to pick up the Kotobukiya Protoman to complete my set of Megaman, Roll and Protoman.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I got two more Kotobukiya Shuunya Yamashita bishoujo series figures recently.

DC Comics Catwoman
Dq0cnl.jpg

Ghostbusters Lucy
u9LbSl.jpg

SUPARSTARX

Are you displaying these in any display cases/cabinets? I want to pick up some low cost ones with good easy access to dusting/cleaning/adjustments.

I hear about the Ikea detolf ones but I'm just wondering if there are even cheaper alternatives.

NihonTiger90 said:
Nice to see Love is War Miku actually coming out. Pre-orders open soon.

Too bad the final edition is 1 - a different pose, and 2- no massive megaphone speaker towers.

10159960a.jpg

Derp derp I'm dancin'!

Lyte Edge said:
I got two more Kotobukiya Shuunya Yamashita bishoujo series figures recently.

Ghostbusters Lucy
http://i.imgur.com/u9LbSl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice! I didn't even know that existed! Might want!

That Varia Suit Samus is SICK! I'm gonna order three, one to open, one to keep sealed and one to sell when the demand (yet again) outruns the supply.

Will probably pick up the Zero Suit too, depends on if I can sell my old Yujin figure.

26rO8m.jpg

Do any of you know about Bandai's Chogokin line? Are they usually good quality figures? I am thinking of getting this and it looks like it'll cost me about $130 in total.

whatsinaname said:
26rO8m.jpg

Do any of you know about Bandai's Chogokin line? Are they usually good quality figures? I am thinking of getting this and it looks like it'll cost me about $130 in total.

They're usually not too bad. One of my coworkers collects them. :)

Giolon

SiegfriedFM said:
Right, I've decided to sell off my Yujin Zero Mission Samus. I don't need to have all versions of Samus and I can't justify holding on to this since the collectible value of it is so high.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30656121&postcount=6859
Why anyone would pay that kind of price with the Max Factory Zero Suit Samus on the way is beyond me...but hey, good luck.
-----------

In other news, Kotobukiya and EA have posted prototype shots of the Bishoujo Liara on Facebook.

Shots:

1 2 3 Concept

There's over 3000 comments on the EA page whining "Get your animu out of my western game!" and "Stop sexing up Liara!". Personally, I think it looks pretty great overall, especially the concept, but the prototype face is looking a little too cherubic for my tastes.

NihonTiger90 said:
They're usually not too bad. One of my coworkers collects them. :)

Thanks. I think I might order it. Would you also happen to know if they hold their resale value? If I don't like it, I would at least like to recover 60%-70% of what I paid.

zoku88

bangai-o said:
do pvc figures melt if you display them on the dash of your car (assuming you live somewhere that usually hot outside)?
I think they will bend at the thinner parts (like legs.)

SUPARSTARX

Angry Fork said:
wow @ the spiderman ones, they look real.
Yeah.. there's so much detail on the costume that... I feel paranoid about moving it around too much. I don't want to accidently mess up the rubber webbing that layers the fabric

I made an attempt to take some better pictures of my Enterbay Storm Warrior: Cloud 1/6 figure. Minor photoshop touch ups to make up for the lack of good lighting in my room. The detail on the costume is truly very beautiful.

cloud2004.png

cloud2005.png

cloud2013.png

cloud20072.png

Giolon

bangai-o said:
do pvc figures melt if you display them on the dash of your car (assuming you live somewhere that usually hot outside)?

OMG do not do this. Just running PVC figures under warm water is enough to make them soft enough to bend to correct poses. PVC needs cool temperatures to remain rigid.

oh shit, Zero is out?! Bigbadtoystore needs to hurry up and send mine. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my X figure.

Figured you guys might appreciate this, I have a blog where I take a picture of a toy a day that is in my collection. Love to share this with other collectors

http://madnesseightoh.wordpress.com/

I recently started getting into Dunnys. Jesus christ, they suck you in with a licensed property (Street fighter and South Park for me) and it snowballs from there. I went to a signing with Huck Gee for the release of the Gold Life figures. They're so rad!

001.jpg

Giolon said:
Why anyone would pay that kind of price with the Max Factory Zero Suit Samus on the way is beyond me...but hey, good luck.
-----------

In other news, Kotobukiya and EA have posted prototype shots of the Bishoujo Liara on Facebook.

Shots:

1 2 3 Concept

There's over 3000 comments on the EA page whining "Get your animu out of my western game!" and "Stop sexing up Liara!". Personally, I think it looks pretty great overall, especially the concept, but the prototype face is looking a little too cherubic for my tastes.

It seems that Kotobukiya has been snagging Shunya a lot lately to do concepts. A bit disappointed that the prototype so far doesn't have Shunya's style in it, but it might look better once it's colored. On the fence. Liara was my romance option simply because I was playing a lesbian femshep.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Got my Yui Nendoroid (K-ON haters gonna hate)

646002-0RUXJGI.jpg

It's my first figure, I guess (if a nendoroid is still considered a figure, or figurine). Totally adorable though. My wife is jelly, since she wanted it for her desk. Muahahah! (goddamn these things are expensive for what they are)

Still want a Homura nendoroid, and a shuniya yamashita figure :/

Extollere said:

646002-0RUXJGI.jpg

It's my first figure, I guess (if a nendoroid is still considered a figure, or figurine). Totally adorable though. My wife is jelly, since she wanted it for her desk. Muahahah! (goddamn these things are expensive for what they are)

Nice! Welcome to the fold, and yes, Nendos are figures in my book. :)

Infinitemadness said:
oh shit, Zero is out?! Bigbadtoystore needs to hurry up and send mine. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my X figure.

Figured you guys might appreciate this, I have a blog where I take a picture of a toy a day that is in my collection. Love to share this with other collectors

http://madnesseightoh.wordpress.com/

I recently started getting into Dunnys. Jesus christ, they suck you in with a licensed property (Street fighter and South Park for me) and it snowballs from there. I went to a signing with Huck Gee for the release of the Gold Life figures. They're so rad!

001.jpg

Nice! :) I'll check out your blog soon. I didn't get a chance to get any of the Gold Lifes yet, but I know somewhere that might still have them as they're kind of off the beaten path. I'm also going to Chicago on Saturday for an event at their major toy store.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
zoku88 said:
Did you preorder the homura nendoroid?

I did, but I forget when it comes out.

No D:

Preorders are sold out everywhere I've looked. I think they get released sometime in November, so I'll just have to see if I can snag one on release day.

Damn, how quick do the POP figures sell out?! Was interested in the new Chopper and Luffy figures, no websites seem to be taking pre-orders at a reasonable price.

NihonTiger90 said:
Nice! :) I'll check out your blog soon. I didn't get a chance to get any of the Gold Lifes yet, but I know somewhere that might still have them as they're kind of off the beaten path. I'm also going to Chicago on Saturday for an event at their major toy store.

I bought 6 blind boxes, fell in love then got a case. Managed to get the whole set except the super rare one, naturally (Tarzo the unknown Rifleman). I have some extras if you're interested, I can PM you a list. I would rather they go to a fan/collector than put them up on Ebay. I've seen two that I sold get re-listed =/.

Anyone own the Play Arts Kai Chris Redfield? Seems I missed that boat but reviews seem to be negative. Oh well, NECA's will do.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Extollere said:

646002-0RUXJGI.jpg

where did you buy it? I thought they were sold out.

Infinitemadness said:
I bought 6 blind boxes, fell in love then got a case. Managed to get the whole set except the super rare one, naturally (Tarzo the unknown Rifleman). I have some extras if you're interested, I can PM you a list. I would rather they go to a fan/collector than put them up on Ebay. I've seen two that I sold get re-listed =/.

Anyone own the Play Arts Kai Chris Redfield? Seems I missed that boat but reviews seem to be negative. Oh well, NECA's will do.

Sure, go ahead and send me a list. :)

Also, I don;t have that Play Arts Kai but I have reviewed four of them so far. Other than Snake's bulky armor causing problems for me, I've liked all four of them pretty much.

whatsinaname said:
Damn, how quick do the POP figures sell out?! Was interested in the new Chopper and Luffy figures, no websites seem to be taking pre-orders at a reasonable price.

Answer: faster than you can possibly imagine. The P.O.P. figures are generally ones you have to be there the second pre-orders open or you don't get them. One of my friends is a huge collector of the series and he often has to stay up into the wee hours of the morning to try and get one.

NihonTiger90 said:
Answer: faster than you can possibly imagine. The P.O.P. figures are generally ones you have to be there the second pre-orders open or you don't get them. One of my friends is a huge collector of the series and he often has to stay up into the wee hours of the morning to try and get one.

Just found out about POP when I decided I want one nice figure each for the main crew. I don't want to shell out a premium for each. :(

For now, toylogics is still taking pre-orders and I placed an order with them. Hopefully they come through. (Though their release date seems to be a couple of months after the other websites. Not too sure if they will be able to fulfill orders.)

NihonTiger90 said:
Wouldn't a more effective business strategy be to create enough to supply demand? It's not like the company makes money off inflated aftermarket sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom