• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cell phone quality picture, but I got these two dudes in yesterday
256fbjm.jpg

_dementia said:
Those joints are really distracting. Any more photos or information on the Chun Li though?

This is where I come in, don't I?

It's a Play Arts Kai figure from Square Enix. Obviously, poseable and such. :) Pre-orders are open right now at most of the major Japanese retailers and I think she drops in November. Price should be around $50-60. Play Arts Kai are pretty good size, never had many problems with them except the Snake Battle Armor ver. one I have, but that's only because he's a bit bulky.

Giolon

The Play Arts Kai figures are pretty great, they're only about 8-10" tall, depending on the figure. Not particularly large. The poseability is their strength - they're like action figures!

They're also releasing Ryu and Cammy was just unveiled at TGS. Too lazy for pictures at the moment. Go look them up on www.myfigurecollection.net or something.

gokieks

I saw that figure and thought it looked very high quality (as is the norm for GSC figures), but can't shake the feeling that her head just looks a little bit too big for the body.

Uchip said:
I dont know whether to get this one or this because of the awesome gears backdrop

Depends. The Kotobukiya one has the less dynamic pose but top-notch quality, while Max Factory/Good Smile Co.'s quality seems to change from figure to figure sometimes, but the pose/sculpt is much more animated.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I bought another nendoroid! D: Oh god I can't help myself!

664652-5ILQTP1.jpg

Black Gold Saw from BRS. I couldn't pass it up! She came with a shit ton of poseable arms and faces. Right now she has on the CHANxCO face expression - I kinda like it though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My distate for the show has grown, but I just got my payment request from Otacute and I'm pretty hyped for Gokai Red Figuarts
2cxvz8j.jpg

cajunator

Banned
I picked up the figure of Senjougahara from Bakemonagatari.
All the little stationery that comes with it looks pretty neat but I havent actually displayed the figure or taken it from the box yet.
It is this one:
senjougahara_goodsmile2.jpg

Salsa

Layton awaited me at my door today

s6o9l.jpg

2lDMv.jpg

hdNve.jpg

(sorry for dsi pics)

very LTTP on this one but im glad i could snag one. Its also my first Revoltech figure, so i gotta ask: how normal is it for one of these figures to have a couple blemishes/stains (the kinda that you only see with direct light)/light scratches? it doesnt have anything that's too bad (most of it is gladly in the back), but when you look it into detail you can see some of that stuff. Between this and one of the hands fitting very loose, and a leg joint that came not really well positioned (had to fix it myself), im starting to wonder if this was really new or already opened, as opposed to what the seller said. Id like to know about this before giving feedback.

Either way im happy with it!

Salsa

SalsaShark said:
very LTTP on this one but im glad i could snag one. Its also my first Revoltech figure, so i gotta ask: how normal is it for one of these figures to have a couple blemishes/stains (the kinda that you only see with direct light)/light scratches? it doesnt have anything that's too bad (most of it is gladly in the back), but when you look it into detail you can see some of that stuff. Between this and one of the hands fitting very loose, and a leg joint that came not really well positioned (had to fix it myself), im starting to wonder if this was really new or already opened, as opposed to what the seller said. Id like to know about this before giving feedback.

Either way im happy with it!

anyone?

SalsaShark said:

My Layton figure did have a darker spot on the hat too, but it didn't bother me too much. Maybe there was something with the second run of the Layton figures? (or we are just two unlucky people).

Salsa

yeah, it has some darker spots like that. Most noticeable thing is a small blemish on one of his shoes.

Oh well, its not like im gonna be looking at it from a close distance anyway i guess.

Salsa

Mh, actually after further inspection it seems that it has the same kind of blemish in both of his shoes and in one side of his coat. Its like there's some extra material there, like a small lump. Seems to be rather a manufacturing issue.

Im super nitpicky about this stuff but as my figure collection grows i just need to learn to let some of this stuff pass really, lol. Otherwise i'll drive myself insane.

SalsaShark said:
Mh, actually after further inspection it seems that it has the same kind of blemish in both of his shoes and in one side of his coat. Its like there's some extra material there, like a small lump. Seems to be rather a manufacturing issue.

Im super nitpicky about this stuff but as my figure collection grows i just need to learn to let some of this stuff pass really, lol. Otherwise i'll drive myself insane.

Yeah, manufacturing issue would do that, Salsa. Have you had any problems with his joints, notably the shoulder ones? Both my Layton and one of my readers' Laytons had the shoulder joint in backwards.

Salsa

NihonTiger90 said:
Yeah, manufacturing issue would do that, Salsa. Have you had any problems with his joints, notably the shoulder ones? Both my Layton and one of my readers' Laytons had the shoulder joint in backwards.

left leg was backwards!

had to fix it myself

bit disappointed in Revoltech to be completely honest.

nny

cajunator said:
I picked up the figure of Senjougahara from Bakemonagatari.
All the little stationery that comes with it looks pretty neat but I havent actually displayed the figure or taken it from the box yet.
It is this one:
senjougahara_goodsmile2.jpg

Wow, the falling objects are a cool effect.

nny said:
Wow, the falling objects are a cool effect.

They are :)

Also, the new magazine scans are starting to pop up on the Internet. They're making a Revoltech Pixar line. Features Mr. Incredible, Wall-E ... Lightning McQueen and Nemo?

There's also another Sully and a non-creepy Woody.

Salsa

NihonTiger90 said:
They are :)

Also, the new magazine scans are starting to pop up on the Internet. They're making a Revoltech Pixar line. Features Mr. Incredible, Wall-E ... Lightning McQueen and Nemo?

There's also another Sully and a non-creepy Woody.

god dammit

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lostconfused said:
Should have linked the OP for full effect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avN2qXn8Kx4

Speaking of which. I ordered an S.H. Figuarts Garo. I'll post picks when it gets here.

Edit: Here is another pic
I thought about it. I've told myself I'm only collecting Rider/Sentai figuarts, but if I tell myself, 'well I should do all toku figuarts', that's opening a whole new can of money worms

zoner said:
I thought about it. I've told myself I'm only collecting Rider/Sentai figuarts, but if I tell myself, 'well I should do all toku figuarts', that's opening a whole new can of money worms
It was my first Toku show. So I am willing to break the bank for this one.

And I just started watching Kamen Rider this month with Fourze and W. So the only figuarts that I would want is a Cyclone Joker. And I am fairly sure that is sold out everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom