• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYEL1NER

So are a lot of awesome models cheaper in Japan? Is that part of the reason they are so expensive everywhere I look online is because they are being imported?

I ask because my sister-in-law is in Japan for the next couple years, down on Okinawa, and I am wondering how cheap it would be for her to get me stuff and ship it to me. Or would anything like that be expensive on Okinawa as well, it being it's own little island and all?

I really want to start snapping up some Gundam Fix Figuration kits, some Morrigan from Darkstalkers models, some Ikki Tousen figures, maybe a Donnie Yen Ip Man, stuff that I like. But everything is all so goddamn expensive. Like literally every thing I look up is hundreds of dollars.

zoner said:
Forget all them girly girl toys.

Look at this glorious mofo
rup20l.jpg

oooh a golden pony!

UnluckyKate said:
What's good site to pre order Anubis from Revoltech ? I bought Jehuty earlier this year but can't remember the site GAF recommend me...
I got my Jehuty from Amiami.jp. It shipped pretty quickly even with the cheapest shipping option and wasn't too pricey.

zoner said:
Fuck you, god damn it. I hate you people. Why is it every time I say I can't find something for sale somebody comes back with a direct link to that item being in stock. I pre-ordered the new line of Garo figures on AmiAmi because the Figuarts one was sold out. Then somebody had to point me to it being in stock on HLJ.

I am not made of money people. Why do you do this to me?

Took 3 mouse clicks to order it. Hope it ships soon.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
_dementia said:
I got my Jehuty from Amiami.jp. It shipped pretty quickly even with the cheapest shipping option and wasn't too pricey.

I usually order from hobby link Japan. i might have to try that website.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really need to start investing my money into my paypal account ahead of time so I don't have to wait for the transfer to process.

I'm just sitting here, staring at my glorious Gokai Red preorder ready to ship. Unable to do anything.

Salsa

just won an auction for this on the cheap. Opened just for display, comes with box.

IMGP0935.JPG

you can see some manufacturing minor things and some wear, but 10 bucks meant it was mine! im gonna start drowning in mighty muggs

ZetaEpyon

Not a new purchase, but I wanted to test my newer camera (haven't used it for any figure shots yet), and Saber seemed a good choice with Fate Zero starting soon. :D

DSC_1483.jpg

teiresias

Ran by eStarland while I was up in DC this weekend. Aside from my awesome retro-game purchases I picked up a Play Arts Dissidia Gabranth. He's a bit tough to pose and balance. The cape helps with balancing, but I still had to put shelf liner under him to keep his feet from sliding out from under him. I'll be picking up some black shelf liner tomorrow so that it melds better with my shelf. Otherwise, I LOVE IT!!!!

mDUrA.jpg

YVQDw.jpg

(He's hanging out with some of the women from Farscape!)

vareon

teiresias said:
Ran by eStarland while I was up in DC this weekend. Aside from my awesome retro-game purchases I picked up a Play Arts Dissidia Gabranth. He's a bit tough to pose and balance. The cape helps with balancing, but I still had to put shelf liner under him to keep his feet from sliding out from under him. I'll be picking up some black shelf liner tomorrow so that it melds better with my shelf. Otherwise, I LOVE IT!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/mDUrA.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YVQDw.jpg[IMG]

(He's hanging out with some of the women from Farscape!)[/QUOTE]

Ooooh is that the Kai version? I have the Play Arts (from FF12, not Dissidia). How is the articulation? The original was very limited.

NEO0MJ

Just got my Ikaruga kit. They should have warned that we needed glue for this!
Anyone know what a good kind of glue to use?

ZetaEpyon said:
Not a new purchase, but I wanted to test my newer camera (haven't used it for any figure shots yet), and Saber seemed a good choice with Fate Zero starting soon. :D

DSC_1483.jpg

Nice job! What are the specs of this shot? Lens? I'm guessing it's a Sony camera, amirite?

_dementia said:

Quick question: when my Jehuty arrived, there was no stand (tiny plastic thing to make him take flying poses) will it be same for Anubis ?

UnluckyKate said:
Quick question: when my Jehuty arrived, there was no stand (tiny plastic thing to make him take flying poses) will it be same for Anubis ?
My Jehuty shipped with a stand. I would hope Anubis was the same. Orbital Frames can't stand on those pointy feet!

NEO0MJ

_dementia said:
Where did you order it from? The product description should have mentioned glue was needed.

Superglue or plastic cement should be fine.

BBTS. They don't mention it and even if they did I doubt I would have noticed, too used to plastic kits being mostly snap on. I did use super glue but I'm always afraid of using too much and leaving residue or connecting parts wrong, was hoping there was another way.

_dementia said:
Are those supposed to be homing Missiles? I though they were the Jehuty V.2 Funnels/Options.
Yeah, those are homing missiles, WISPs I think they were called. V2's "funnels" are just the side skirts on the waist, but detached. You can basically make the first Revoltech Jehuty into V2 by taking off those side skirts and putting them onto the holes on that enemy radar piece.

donkey show said:
Yeah, those are homing missiles, WISPs I think they were called. V2's "funnels" are just the side skirts on the waist, but detached. You can basically make the first Revoltech Jehuty into V2 by taking off those side skirts and putting them onto the holes on that enemy radar piece.

That's correct.

donkey show said:
ah gotcha. It's nice this one has the V.2's color scheme though!

Salsa

Went to the mail today and as it turns out im getting charged taxes from some new figures, never happened before. Bummed out :( 60 percent of total price.

teiresias

vareon said:
Ooooh is that the Kai version? I have the Play Arts (from FF12, not Dissidia). How is the articulation? The original was very limited.

Yeah, it's the Kai version. The articulation is good. I think all the Kai figures have the same articulation, though the range of movement is probably more limited on Gabranth because of some of his armor pieces. As I said, the hinges at his hip joint seem a bit too lose to me, his legs would just slide right out from under him in certain poses unless you made his legs straight so he was standing straight up.

Of course, it's my only figure, so I don't have much by the way of comparisons available though.

ZetaEpyon

radiantdreamer said:
Nice job! What are the specs of this shot? Lens? I'm guessing it's a Sony camera, amirite?

Nikon D7000 with a Sigma 70-300mm DG APO lens (ISO100, 270mm, f/22, 1/3s)

I had to shoot from like 6 feet away because even though the lens has a macro mode, the focal distance is still really far. Mainly wanted to test the mirror lockup function on the camera, because my old one didn't have it, and it really screwed with getting sharp macro shots.

This came in the mail today. Still getting the hang of the camera and I stuck at posing, so not the best picture but here it is. SH Figuarts GARO

GbcF3.jpg

SUPARSTARX

Garo's so cool. I saw it at a local store with the golden horse mount but I wasn't sure what kinda show it came from.

Picked up a Hot Toys Jill Valentine (Battle suit version) and Enterbay Bruce Lee Game of Death Ver. Behind the Scenes
d5100017.png

d5100047.png

d5100171.jpg

85622345.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I got these today:

0xicT.jpg

Much more faithful-looking to the character designs in the show than the chubby ones they sell individually. Except for Fluttershy; it's obvious they just took Rainbow Dash's template and painted Fluttershy over (sorry for the shitty quality):

tO5g9l.jpg

I've seen Rachel, Makoto and Noel so far, but I'm waiting for a Taokaka figure. Either really high quality PVC or some crazily posable thing.

The detail on Bruce Lee is amazing. If it wasn't for the blocky hair and the scale issues with the cloth, you'd think it was him.

SiegfriedFM said:
I've seen Rachel, Makoto and Noel so far, but I'm waiting for a Taokaka figure. Either really high quality PVC or some crazily posable thing.

The detail on Bruce Lee is amazing. If it wasn't for the blocky hair and the scale issues with the cloth, you'd think it was him.

Hot Toys does amazing work.

SUPARSTARX

_dementia said:
You need to buy Alter's Accent Core Dizzy

DAT ASS.

dizzy-31.jpg

hot damn, this is quite a bang. but I have to save my pvc quota for the upcoming One Piece Sailing Again set ft. Luffy, Nami, and Tony Chopper!

One%20Piece%20-%20POP%20Sailing%20Again%20-%20Nami%201_8%20Scale%20PVC%20Statue.jpg

pop%20Sailing%20Again%20Luffy_001.jpg

pop%20Sailing%20again%20Chopper%20001.jpg

SUPARSTARX said:
[IG]http://www.tentaclearmada.com/images/figures/dizzy-alter-version/dizzy-31.jpg[/IMG]

hot damn, this is quite a bang. but I have to save my pvc quota for the upcoming One Piece Sailing Again set ft. Luffy, Nami, and Tony Chopper!

[IG]http://www.wasabitoys.com/images/toypics/One%20Piece%20-%20POP%20Sailing%20Again%20-%20Nami%201_8%20Scale%20PVC%20Statue.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://navitoworld.com/shop/images/pop%20Sailing%20Again%20Luffy_001.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://navitoworld.com/shop/images/pop%20Sailing%20again%20Chopper%20001.jpg[/IMG]

I pre-ordered (and hopefully they fill it) Luffy and Chopper. Didn't like the Nami design too much. Haven't decided which Nami figure to get (I'll just be getting the one.)

SUPARSTARX

whatsinaname said:
I pre-ordered (and hopefully they fill it) Luffy and Chopper. Didn't like the Nami design too much. Haven't decided which Nami figure to get (I'll just be getting the one.)
Imma get all 3 of them. Some of the other ones are okay but I didn't really want to get a bland bikini version or the strong world PVCs as I'm not a fan of the all-black outfit looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom