• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUPARSTARX said:
dizzy-31.jpg
UNF

Such a great figure.

Hey guys,

I've never ordered a figure online before, but I really want to get the Max Factory figma RoboCop that's coming out.

Can anyone suggest a place that has fair shipping prices to Canada? I don't really know anything about importing figures so I have no idea what to expect for shipping costs.

RoboCop_figure.jpg

ThirstyFly said:
Hey guys,

I've never ordered a figure online before, but I really want to get the Max Factory figma RoboCop that's coming out.

Can anyone suggest a place that has fair shipping prices to Canada? I don't really know anything about importing figures so I have no idea what to expect for shipping costs.

RoboCop_figure.jpg

It'll probably have to be from an American or other Western-based retailer because figma Robocop is supposed to be coming out in October. And I say supposed to because I have been waiting FOR TWO MONTHS OF DELAYS for it to actually get shipped. So I think it's sold out at all the Japanese retailers, but I'll double-check on that.

I just want it so I can review the damn thing already.

NihonTiger90 said:
It'll probably have to be from an American or other Western-based retailer because figma Robocop is supposed to be coming out in October. And I say supposed to because I have been waiting FOR TWO MONTHS OF DELAYS for it to actually get shipped. So I think it's sold out at all the Japanese retailers, but I'll double-check on that.

I just want it so I can review the damn thing already.

Hrm... I didn't realize it keeps getting delayed. I actually just found out about it a few days ago. I was considering pre-ordering it from a seller on ebay but maybe I should wait until it actually gets released now. Thanks for the info.

ThirstyFly said:
Hrm... I didn't realize it keeps getting delayed. I actually just found out about it a few days ago. I was considering pre-ordering it from a seller on ebay but maybe I should wait until it actually gets released now. Thanks for the info.

Well, if you can pre-order it on a retailer's site, you should still be able to get it. They have it in the box and everything (I've seen leaked shots of it), so hopefully October will be when it gets here. :)

You can pick one up from Amiami; they generally have good shipping: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/shop?vgFo...G-IPN-1885&template=e_review.html&set=english

NihonTiger90 said:
Well, if you can pre-order it on a retailer's site, you should still be able to get it. They have it in the box and everything (I've seen leaked shots of it), so hopefully October will be when it gets here. :)

You can pick one up from Amiami; they generally have good shipping: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/shop?vgFo...G-IPN-1885&template=e_review.html&set=english

I was looking at that site but I couldn't make heads or tails of their shipping methods/rates and they say they can't offer estimates on pre-order items. I think I might just try my luck and hope that I can still find it when it's released.

Edit: Are these things really that hard to get after release if you don't pre-order them?

MCD said:
That Noel figure look bad.

Someone toss her some meat.

Well, it looks pretty accurate to her actual figure, I think. Skinny like a washboard.

Have you seen the Rachel figure??? :(

Looks like this Noel is an exclusive, so not available to mortals outside of Japan. :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ThirstyFly said:
It's a Figma.

ALL Figmas get delayed. They're the Valve time of toys

SUPARSTARX

Damn, Enterbay's 1/4 scale T-800 from Terminator 2: Judgement Day is released out in Asia. I got one preordered. This thing is amazing. 19" of Arnold Schwarzennegger goodness.

dsc03101xo.jpg

dsc03107eh.jpg

dsc03089i.jpg

dsc03092ww.jpg

dsc03093c.jpg

Enterbay's CEO holding a final product version in hand
69464edegw1dln9sl9fwij.jpg

Next to a 1/6 scale Che (12")
69464edegw1dlnd95n50wj.jpg

IMG_0109151.jpg

I don't collect models/figures, but I used to play a game called Mage Knight and still have a few figures around, mostly a handful of small ones I wasn't ever able to sell, but I did keep this guy (which is about 4" tall) because I liked the aesthetics. I think I paid ~$15 for this when it was released ~6-7 years ago, but you can buy them now for $1.99 via TrollandToad.com. Considered buying more, but eh, just one is all I need for a desk decoration.

atomsk

Party Pooper
SUPARSTARX said:
hot damn, this is quite a bang. but I have to save my pvc quota for the upcoming One Piece Sailing Again set ft. Luffy, Nami, and Tony Chopper!

MUST NOT BUY TIME-SKIP POP

Thankfully I'm too broke to even think about it. I only collect the Straw Hats, and unless someone else joins the crew, I can breathe easy

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
SUPARSTARX said:
How much did you pay for that? And where!? Do want.

Bid on ebay - and too much D:

you need to be careful though, they actually sell knock off nendoroids on ebay and other sites. There are things you can check to verify authenticity, but many people are easily fooled.

DieH@rd

Banned
Lostconfused said:
This came in the mail today. Still getting the hang of the camera and I stuck at posing, so not the best picture but here it is. SH Figuarts GARO

GbcF3.jpg

Savior in the dark!!!

Lostconfused said:
Edit: Here is another pic
1000012564_3.jpg

Even better. Such an awesome show... i still have to hunt down the latest movie.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
speaking of Garo, Kiba is up for preorder. He looks pretty glorious, but I bet the articulation is crap.

Gokai Silver is up too. Still no V3!
2ebwo4g.jpg

The preorder rush on this mofo is going to be nuts

DieH@rd said:
Even better. Such an awesome show... i still have to hunt down the latest movie.
That last pic was obviously a promo shot for the sale of the item. Lest anyone get the wrong idea.
zoner said:
speaking of Garo, Kiba is up for preorder. He looks pretty glorious, but I bet the articulation is crap.
I was surprised how much articulation there was in the SHF Garo figure. I am sure it'll be fine. The only part I would be concerned about is how well the shoulder joints move.

hirokazu

SUPARSTARX said:
Damn, Enterbay's 1/4 scale T-800 from Terminator 2: Judgement Day is released out in Asia. I got one preordered. This thing is amazing. 19" of Arnold Schwarzennegger goodness.

dsc03101xo.jpg

dsc03093c.jpg
Whoa, how much does this cost?? :0

NEO0MJ

Never saw mention of this in this thread, so I thought I might give those interested a heads up.
Hot Toys Iron Monger is up for Preorder on most toy sites, but the best prices are at AmiAmi and BBTS. Looks so awesome. Figure stands at an insane 44 CM.

FIG-KAI-3063_01.jpg

FIG-KAI-3063_08.jpg

FIG-KAI-3063_11.jpg

FIG-KAI-3063_12.jpg

FIG-KAI-3063_14.jpg

More pics.

Now all I need is an iron Man, but I can't bring myself to buy one when I know a better one is probably coming with the next movie.

SUPARSTARX

hirokazu said:
Whoa, how much does this cost?? :0
$400 direct from Enterbay with shipping already included but they charge you right away since it's Paypal.

You could preorder from Bigbadtoystore and they won't charge until the item is ready though it's like extra ten or so bucks for shipping.

Won a Hot Toys Bruce Lee in business suit for pretty cheap; about 40% off MSRP. Came this morning. Right next to my Enterbay Game of Death (Behind the Scenes) Bruce Lee.

twinsiz.jpg

SUPARSTARX said:
$400 direct from Enterbay with shipping already included but they charge you right away since it's Paypal.

You could preorder from Bigbadtoystore and they won't charge until the item is ready though it's like extra ten or so bucks for shipping.

Won a Hot Toys Bruce Lee in business suit for pretty cheap. Came this morning. Right next to my Enterbay Game of Death (Behind the Scenes) Bruce Lee.

twinsiz.jpg
hahaha, that's awesome

SUPARSTARX

bangai-o said:
the arnold toy is new thread worthy.
Few more in hand pictures from other collectors in Asia who have theirs already.

Image bombing inc

Next to the Hot Toys T2 T-800 1/6 scale figure.
di7wtr.jpg

Closer shot of the head sculpt
di02yb.jpg

digky7.jpg

dibas4.jpg

dijmy0.jpg

The collector set comes with metal accessories too, metal Endoskeleton arm, metal pistol, metal shotgun and loadable bullets into them.
diultc.jpg

dsc0566.gif

The jacket is also made of authentic Italian leather
dsc0517vp.jpg

dsc0521um.jpg

dsc0522ji.jpg

SUPARSTARX said:
Few more in hand pictures from other collectors in Asia who have theirs already.

Closer shot of the head sculpt

The collector set comes with metal accessories too, metal Endoskeleton arm, metal pistol, metal shotgun and loadable bullets into them.

The jacket is also made of authentic Italian leather
JFC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I told myself. I said, ' no more impulse purchases. You spend too much money on figuarts as it is.' And I did pretty good but
o8exhx.jpg

Harley can snap my willpower and wallet in half.

SUPARSTARX

Caved into getting some BlizzCon stuff. Some of the stuff were already available for shipping, got an authenticator and Arthas' Helmet in 1/4 scale replica. This thing is heavy in the hand!

6215784972_d07a1dfa67_b.jpg

6215270279_f3aa019388_b.jpg

6215271209_8cf0aec78e_b.jpg

6215270991_c4a905d886_b.jpg
6215270799_56a43377b8_b.jpg

Damn! POP Zoro sold out in a couple of minutes? It went out of stock at Hobby Search just as I hit the confirm checkout button. Got my order in at HLJ though. Now for some sleep.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Hanekawa arrived today \o/
2jxMrl.jpg

crappy cellphone pic ftl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom