• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Since you guys like MM, here's a Legends kit that will be at WF next week

9s0Dw.jpg

Takuan

I think they buy and resell. Some of these things are much cheaper in Japan and they tend to collect among themselves.

I ended up paying a total of $75 for Goku shipped via SAL unregistered. Pricey but the details are amazing and it's well made compared to some of the other stuff I've seen such as the S.Cultures and lower end Banpresto stuff aruond the $30 to $40 mark
That's cheap. I remember seeing that figure on AmiAmi when it originally released, and I'm fairly certain it was more than $100 converted before shipping. Damn, I need to keep an eye out. Any suggestions on how to track one down? If they make more figures in this line, particularly Cell-era Gohan, I'm so buying.

If you want from Mandarake, just check frequently. Each store updates items daily.
Thanks. I actually had no idea Mandarake had a webstore, let alone shipped internationally. Now I have a potential resource to get that Grandline Men Trafalgar figure I've always wanted. Just ordered Grandline Kid, hyyyype. But eww, they have a 500Y handling fee... I wonder if that's flat or per-item?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That's cheap. I remember seeing that figure on AmiAmi when it originally released, and I'm fairly certain it was more than $100 converted before shipping. Damn, I need to keep an eye out. Any suggestions on how to track one down? If they make more figures in this line, particularly Cell-era Gohan, I'm so buying.

If you want from Mandarake, just check frequently. Each store updates items daily.

SUPARSTARX

Stayed up late for my first MegaHouse P.O.P. preorder wars with the world.

Snagged a preorder for Shirahoshi off HLJ.
FIG-IPN-3199.jpg

AmiAmi decided to crash for a lot of people.

All her preorders closed up in the first 20 minutes of the hour. GG.

So what's the deal with Vile, is he not getting a general release in Japan? I already preordered Zero Type 2 from AmiAmi so I'd like to keep that all together if possible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So what's the deal with Vile, is he not getting a general release in Japan? I already preordered Zero Type 2 from AmiAmi so I'd like to keep that all together if possible.

He's not. In fact, the trend seems to be that most Mega Man releases will be exclusive in Japan/general in the U.S. because Mega Man has been shelf warming in Japan and selling really well in the States.

Takuan

Just got invoiced for dat Grandline Men Vol. 7 Captain Kid figure from Mandarake. Total damage was 2380Y, 1180 for shipping (incl. 500Y handling fee) and 1200Y for the figure, so about $30. I can deal with that. With a little luck, I'll find Trafalgar at a non-rape price.

DemiMatt

Gosh, everytime I enter this thread I see the MM D-Arts figures in here and they look awesome. I just cant justify the $$$ spent for a 5 inch figure when I collect heaps of 1/6 scale Hot Toys.

I even stopped collecting the SE Play Arts line because I wanted all my figs to be grand and illustrious!

He's not. In fact, the trend seems to be that most Mega Man releases will be exclusive in Japan/general in the U.S. because Mega Man has been shelf warming in Japan and selling really well in the States.
Balls. Had I known that I would have placed my preorder for Zero type 2 with BBTS so I could bundle it with Vile, now I'm gonna have them shipped from two different places.

I wish Bluefin would offer more of their stuff through Diamond Distributors, that way I could just get it through the store I work at.

SUPARSTARX

D.P.C.F. Robin pics! Bummed she's a lil larger than the P.O.P. scale but more canvas for detailing I guess! I'm very happy with this purchase.

6848209025_f3264e91f1_b.jpg

6848208185_d8b8713e28_b.jpg

6848211393_4cc0757ae0_b.jpg

6848213719_26c6f6d20a_b.jpg

6848214527_6ceb4aa7c1_b.jpg

6848214053_3bdc455536_b.jpg

6848215935_78e63396f3_b.jpg

6848216773_fb72db6bff_b.jpg

6848216277_f0f160f4fe_b.jpg

6848217385_711088bdae_b.jpg

6848209601_5783c7ebc7_b.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I'm tempted to get in on those beautiful MonsterArts figures, but they're so damn pricey.

I really just want Space Godzilla and Gigan, but I know that once I start, I'll want them all

This for about $35 shipped in June vs $55 shipped for Revoltech with the Amazon logos right now. What would you guys suggest?

I can't say both, can I?

The Revoltech is bigger and pre-built; the Koto kit is smaller but you can do more with it as it's a kit. It depends on what you're looking for in a figure, I guess. :)

Good Smile Company teasing some stuff that will be on display at wonderfest
http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan/entry-11157966126.html

89248935.jpg

Looking forward to seeing Shinobu from Kizumonogatari and the Penguindrum girl

I am so fucking hyped for this saturday night. I'll be sure to post links of coverage from wonderfest as they show up. Can't wait too see what Alter is gonna have in store, what next P.O.P's were gonna get, hopefully more tekken bishoujo prototypes, who the first street fighter bishoujo is gonna be. Why cant it just be the 12th in Japan already =(

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I should bring back pivishi for a 24 hour pre-WF blog fest.

Must show everyone the 600 Madoka figures before they're unveiled.

Sylver

Banned
I'm not a fan of Miku figures, except Appen model, but this new one is pretty awesome:
8iYwp.jpg

a5wMd.jpg

7evBe.jpg

Doh98.jpg

Vocaloid 2 – Princess of Floating Clouds Hatsune Miku 1/4.5 GK by Easy Toys

Good Smile Company teasing some stuff that will be on display at wonderfest
http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan/entry-11157966126.html

89248935.jpg

Looking forward to seeing Shinobu from Kizumonogatari and the Penguindrum girl

I am so fucking hyped for this saturday night. I'll be sure to post links of coverage from wonderfest as they show up. Can't wait too see what Alter is gonna have in store, what next P.O.P's were gonna get, hopefully more tekken bishoujo prototypes, who the first street fighter bishoujo is gonna be. Why cant it just be the 12th in Japan already =(

I'll be up Saturday night going nuts posting all that shit, lol, so hopefully we'll have most of the stuff up on Tomopop by the morning :)

Wish I could be there in person, though. ;_;

Ken

Could anyone help with finding a figure?

I'm looking for those Danbo Revoltech figures from Yotsuba, preferable for a good price (as good as out of production can be) and shipping by next week to California. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it very much. I think they come in various sizes so I'm looking for something normal size and not the mini.

Could anyone help with finding a figure?

I'm looking for those Danbo Revoltech figures from Yotsuba, preferable for a good price (as good as out of production can be) and shipping by next week to California. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it very much. I think they come in various sizes so I'm looking for something normal size and not the mini.

Dunno about the shipping, but Amazon has one via third-party seller for US$60. That's about what you'd expect to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom