• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

PnIpw.jpg

Arlong.

Cannot wait to add Kongiku to this shelf
p1010961e.jpg

We can only hope Alter will eventually make Yuzuruha and Torahime. I would love to see them do Raijin, Velvet, Muse Cromwell and the Dragon's Crown ladies as well.

Bishoujo Power Girl artwork from Toy Fair:

99162.jpg

Will buy!

F_4_Street_Fighter_IV_ScreenShot_02.jpg

That just reminds me; I spent the entire day running around doing Wonder Festival stuff (note: I'M STILL NOT CLOSE TO DONE) and Toy Fair stuff will be piling in tomorrow evening.

Why do you schedule these things the same weekend, Japan and America? D:

Giolon

Is there a source for when preorders for these things go up?

wcloudxkumo.com and tomopop.com are both pretty on top of things, these days Tomopop moreso at notifying people within 15-30 minutes of when something potentially popular goes up for pre-order. You can always check on this thread for those kinds of things too.

Also, whenever you see an official Preview of a figure pop up on either of those sites, you can expect that pre-orders will open within a couple days.

NEO0MJ

Thanks! I did some research and that's it. Apparently, it's very rare and the average selling price is between 400 & 500 $ o_O That is insane.
So now, do I sell it or not?

If you like it and are into VG statues then keep it as little piece of history, especially if you don't need the cash.
If not then sell it, especially if you need the cash.

wcloudxkumo.com and tomopop.com are both pretty on top of things, these days Tomopop moreso at notifying people within 15-30 minutes of when something potentially popular goes up for pre-order. You can always check on this thread for those kinds of things too.

Also, whenever you see an official Preview of a figure pop up on either of those sites, you can expect that pre-orders will open within a couple days.

Pretty much. Though sometimes with the insanely popular stuff, namely with the P.O.P. figures and the Tiger and Bunny Figuarts, you have to be there the second pre-orders go up or you have no chance at nabbing one.

The good thing is Mikatan, especially does previews of all the Good Smile stuff on her blog, ad that's usually followed up by pre-orders.

If you like it and are into VG statues then keep it as little piece of history, especially if you don't need the cash.
If not then sell it, especially if you need the cash.

I just put it on my desk, I decided to keep it and I don't need the money. It's the only statue I have and Zelda is my favorite franchise, so it's nice to own one of the rarest pieces of merchandise for it. It's also really nicely made and high quality, not like a plastic action figure. =)

bPod

More pics?

He looks kinda .. stylized, bulkier than Grey Fox comes off in the games.

Still amazing would love it. Price, Retailer ect

It's releasing sometime in March but in the range of $50-$60

Well, at least we'll get some ME figures that don't look like total ass.
13290642310767cpmp.jpg
What's up with Shepard's face? Garrus looks badass!

Not a big fan of Bishoujo statues but I figured this is post worth for the female Shepards out there
IMG_8896.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
A bunch of figures I've been looking at on amiami that were out of stock yesterday, including Catherine, show available now. Is this common? To go out and in stock like that.

Kuran

Banned
Hi geek-gaf,

I have a question, i know nothing about figures and statues. I found this in a box in my basement a while ago:

I bought him many many years ago, probably more than ten, and he's been sitting in a box ever since. He's very tall (about 40cm) and very heavy (polyresin). Sword and shield are removable. The box says he's officially licensed by Nintendo (Ocarina of Time logo on the box).
Do you know anything about this statue. Is he maybe worth something?

I sold mine for.. about 80 euro's over a year ago. But my sword was broken off. You can probably do better.

What is this from?

GeekGAF I need advice. A guy on Craigslist here is selling a Hot Toys War Machine and Iron Man Mark VI at $250 a pop or $450 for both. They're both opened but allegedly only been put on display and barely touched, and they come with all the accessories and packaging. At $250 each, that's quite a bit higher that the original MSRP but looking at the prices on eBay and seeing most North American retailers being sold out, it's not too bad. Plus I wouldn't be paying any taxes or shipping. I'm definitely getting War Machine since my heart is set on it, but you guys think I should just spring for both of them? At $450, that comes to $225 each which isn't really too bad at all. I already have the Battle Damaged Mark III which I'm quite happy with but the Mark VI would display better with War Machine. I'm so torn. :/

81149151.jpg

Then I look at that picture and I go hnnngggg, I don't know what to do.

SUPARSTARX

GeekGAF I need advice. A guy on Craigslist here is selling a Hot Toys War Machine and Iron Man Mark VI at $250 a pop or $450 for both. They're both opened but allegedly only been put on display and barely touched, and they come with all the accessories and packaging. At $250 each, that's quite a bit higher that the original MSRP but looking at the prices on eBay and seeing most North American retailers being sold out, it's not too bad. Plus I wouldn't be paying any taxes or shipping. I'm definitely getting War Machine since my heart is set on it, but you guys think I should just spring for both of them? At $450, that comes to $225 each which isn't really too bad at all. I already have the Battle Damaged Mark III which I'm quite happy with but the Mark VI would display better with War Machine. I'm so torn. :/

81149151.jpg

Then I look at that picture and I go hnnngggg, I don't know what to do.

I would spring on both. But you should be able to meet up, check the goods first before handing over cash. I mean people that buy Hot Toys and stuff, they will likely just mess and pose with it a bit at first and then just display it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom