• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

GManDH

I have a collection of over 600 Disney vinylmation. I also have some pop vinyls, uglydolls, tokidoki dolls, and ONE domo domo doll. I would post a picture but i dont have a Flickr account.

TommyT

Anyone have any First 4 Figures... figures? I always saw some of their work on ebay when I was buying up a bunch of Zelda stuff and was finally turned on to their site. I had to bite on some (very sad I didn't get the exclusives) and wondering how the quality is given the price.

I would spring on both. But you should be able to meet up, check the goods first before handing over cash. I mean people that buy Hot Toys and stuff, they will likely just mess and pose with it a bit at first and then just display it.
That's the plan! I'm going to meetup with him on Thursday and inspect everything. He's going to bring the Iron Man and I'll probably bite the bullet and get both.

But now what to do with my Battle Damaged Mark III? Seems redundant to keep it around if I'm gonna have the Mark VI. And with the Armor Unleashed Mark II on the way I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Toy's releases another Mark III based on that mold with the more accurate hip/crotch design and a thicker waist. I could throw it up on eBay but that's such a hassle. Maybe I'll put it on craigslist.

SUPARSTARX

That's the plan! I'm going to meetup with him on Thursday and inspect everything. He's going to bring the Iron Man and I'll probably bite the bullet and get both.

But now what to do with my Battle Damaged Mark III? Seems redundant to keep it around if I'm gonna have the Mark VI. And with the Armor Unleashed Mark II on the way I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Toy's releases another Mark III based on that mold with the more accurate hip/crotch design and a thicker waist. I could throw it up on eBay but that's such a hassle. Maybe I'll put it on craigslist.

Hall of armors........................!!!!!

3749986994_7a13bcd9f0_o.jpg

pzw5cewz3bzxufd86dxt.jpg

dscn1710m.jpg

How much did you pay for the Mark III?

Wow, is that your collection? It looks amazing. Far too expensive for me though, I don't have any aspirations of creating a hall of armors.

I bought it at a local shop here in 2010 for $199.99 CAD. With taxes in BC (ridiculous 12%!) it came to about $224.

tumblr_lojpq3u4WC1qi0dwso1_500.jpg

Would love to get a Zenigata one when I can afford it. This one cost around £25. The last Zenigata one I saw was double that. :(

ps. Apologies for the strangely LQ photograph.

SUPARSTARX

Wow, is that your collection? It looks amazing. Far too expensive for me though, I don't have any aspirations of creating a hall of armors.

I bought it at a local shop here in 2010 for $199.99 CAD. With taxes in BC (ridiculous 12%!) it came to about $224.

I wish it was my collection, haha.

I think if I wanted to get that, starting now isn't a bad time.

Mark I 2.0 coming out later this year.
Mark II Unleashed shipping soon.
Mark V all over the place.
Mark IV w/coming out later this year.
Mark VII reveal this year.

All that's left is Mark III and Mark VI to pick up from eBay or whatever.

Plus that Iron Monger....

I wish it was my collection, haha.

I think if I wanted to get that, starting now isn't a bad time.

Mark I 2.0 coming out later this year.
Mark II Unleashed shipping soon.
Mark V all over the place.
Mark IV w/coming out later this year.
Mark VII reveal this year.

All that's left is Mark III and Mark VI to pick up from eBay or whatever.

Plus that Iron Monger....
When you put like that, it sounds so easy. Don't tempt me! :(

The Armor Unleashed Mark II looks so amazing too...

Takuan

Dat Grey Fox... the other two are disappointing. They should've been subtler about the smirk.

I really like this:

8iYwp.jpg

That's a good-lookin' figure. The outfit is ridiculous, but her expression is totally badass.

Question: What's a "garage kit"? Self-painted?

Giolon

Well, fuck. I can't paint like that. Oh well, not like I would've bought the figure anyway...

Don't lose all hope - there are companies that make recasts and paint and assemble them (obviously of dubious legal nature, but so are these GKs in the first place) and with a couple vendors the quality is quite high.

Also it's not entirely uncommon for popular GKs to be licensed and have official pre-painted PVC versions created.

DemiMatt

I would spring on both. But you should be able to meet up, check the goods first before handing over cash. I mean people that buy Hot Toys and stuff, they will likely just mess and pose with it a bit at first and then just display it.

450 For both sounds good. Ask him for pics with his name on a piece of paper or something like that or check em out in person.

I have both and they look stellar together. I wish they did a BD WM but the two of them are awesome. I'll post pics when I get home. If you wanna be baller you can get the SDCC Stealth MK4 and the MILK WM for about 600 :p

But TBH War Machine is a superb enough figure to display on his own.

ALso at those Play Arts Kai MGS1 Figures, I may have to break down and buy them if Hot Toys doesnt come out with MGS figures already!

Giolon

Where would be a good place to sell some of my unwanted figures?

Figure.fm classifieds section, or myfigurecollection.net Ads section. On MFC you can only sell 1 item per month if you're not a subscriber.

There's also always eBay (linking to an eBay auction from figure.fm is pretty common too, but not allowed on MFC).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Figure.fm classifieds section, or myfigurecollection.net Ads section. On MFC you can only sell 1 item per month if you're not a subscriber.

There's also always eBay (linking to an eBay auction from figure.fm is pretty common too, but not allowed on MFC).

I think you can only have one active ad at a time, so you can sell one them delete the add and list another, though I might be wrong.

Also there's a pretty popular sales thread on MFC where people sell stuff without posting ads.

MFC is fantastic. I love that they send me notifications when sales go up for things on my wish list. I would have jumped on a few different postings but most of them have been international and I'm still a bit leery about buying from other users there.

Also, I already have like $1000 worth of pre-orders for 2012 so I have to draw the line somewhere...

SUPARSTARX

I have this buy now and regret later symptom. I might offload some stuff so I can focus my collection and not have bits of everything on my shelves

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Just found out... that Momohime figure from Muramasa is getting a reprint. That makes me really happy.. gonna have to snag one up this time.

What the hell did they do to his face?! D:

I don't like the new face either.
The original looked a lot closer to Shinkawa's artwork compared to this new one. The new one reminds me of the generic American face on the McFarlane MGS2 figure. :(
I do like Meryl's new face though.

horsebird

Banned
Hi guys, long-time lurker here. The resource links provided have been a godsend for me, so thanks for that! I was just wondering if anyone fluent in Japanese could provide a better translation of the below:

バンプレスト ONEPIECE ワンピース組立式DXフィギュア シャンクス ベックマン グランドラインメン GRANDLINE MEN Vol8 全2種セット *開封 箱イタミ

Google Translate gives me:
Google said:
Shanks Beckman DX Figure Grand Line Men GRANDLINE MEN Vol8 prefabricated ONEPIECE Banpresto One Piece opening box set * Two all pain
That part that concerns me is "opening box set * Two all pain". Does this indicate damage, or that these have been opened? Thanks in advance!

SUPARSTARX

Hi guys, long-time lurker here. The resource links provided have been a godsend for me, so thanks for that! I was just wondering if anyone fluent in Japanese could provide a better translation of the below:

バンプレスト ONEPIECE ワンピース組立式DXフィギュア シャンクス ベックマン グランドラインメン GRANDLINE MEN Vol8 全2種セット *開封 箱イタミ

Google Translate gives me:

That part that concerns me is "opening box set * Two all pain". Does this indicate damage, or that these have been opened? Thanks in advance!

From the Chinese words, it says comes with both figures. There's the word open in the sentence too. You're looking at either opened and unused or used.

I picked up a POP Boa Hancock. Came this morning too. Pretty happy with it since the design and construction of it is very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom