• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzior

You're not a real fan. Get outta here!

:p

J8Z7O.jpg

SUPARSTARX

I've seen batmobiles sell for double to triple the price. Rex can go that route. I don't see 3A reissuing Rex at all. This should be a limited run for sure.

I've seen batmobiles sell for double to triple the price. Rex can go that route. I don't see 3A reissuing Rex at all. This should be a limited run for sure.

Agreed. This is your only shot to get one. No way they do another run. I'd say the same with the Halo figures coming later, too.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I've always wanted a master grade gundam model. I'm thinking a Zaku, though I'm not sure where a good place to look for one is. Any tips?

johnsmith

remember me
So I started going to myfigurecollection.net to keep track of my collection, and because it has a really nice database. But jesus christ, those people. There's a lot of angst, guilt, and self loathing over their hobby, yet none of them can stop.

Then there's this guy
cpSJD.jpg

SUPARSTARX

So I started going to myfigurecollection.net to keep track of my collection, and because it has a really nice database. But jesus christ, those people. There's a lot of angst, guilt, and self loathing over their hobby, yet none of them can stop.

Then there's this guy
cpSJD.jpg

Figure collecting can be quite an addiction. *Stares at shelves* Well I wouldn't starve myself but ... lol these people. SMH.

A lot of non-One Piece fans on MFC went crazy on preorders and took up a lot of Shirahoshi's too just because she's a scantily clad mermaid. :(

NEO0MJ

I've always wanted a master grade gundam model. I'm thinking a Zaku, though I'm not sure where a good place to look for one is. Any tips?

Well, there's amiami, gundam store and more, and HLJ. If those fail you can always go with Amazon, but avoid tisinc99 as they have a history of sending bootlegs.
Also, make sure to buy the second version, not the original.

NEO0MJ

Well, just finished building my latest kit, the HG Hygogg. Man do I love it's design.
Did some light inking and hopefully I'll one day paint the necessary parts red.

6929105405_a8aaca2212_b.jpg

Here's another pic of it with comrade Z'Gok E. It also needs a lot of work though because I built it relatively early in my model kit career.
Note to self, I need a good camera.

6929111625_dd420c30a4_b.jpg

So I was all set to pick up the Play Arts Arkham Asylum Batman next month. Was looking forward to it quite a bit. Then Hot Toys drops this megaton.

432087_10150566226117344_58690437343_9173035_2012612784_n.jpg

What do.

SUPARSTARX

So I was all set to pick up the Play Arts Arkham Asylum Batman next month. Was looking forward to it quite a bit. Then Hot Toys drops this megaton.

432087_10150566226117344_58690437343_9173035_2012612784_n.jpg

What do.

Same. I just saw that. Play Arts Kai is an easy pass. I'm still mad my Play Arts Kai Chun-li's arm cracked so easily. Fuk them.

The Che Guevara figurine is just... wrong. Nazi Donald Duck wrong.
He's popular in culture. You and I may or may not sit on the same side of his beliefs but he has a huge cult following and it's not exactly the same as human genocide.

Same. I just saw that. Play Arts Kai is an easy pass. I'm still mad my Play Arts Kai Chun-li's arm cracked so easily. Fuk them.
Damn that sucks about your Chun-Li. I have quite a few Play Arts Kai's and apart from a wonky ankle on Ezio (doesn't fully articulate like the other one) I've been really happy with them, especially their Halo line-up. I will definitely have to get this Hot Toys Batman but I may be tempted to also pick up the Play Arts version too when my shop gets it in next month. If it looks good in person...

horsebird

Banned
Enterbay is releasing their 1/6 Che Guevara in two weeks. Promotional pictures for the final product:
Holy shit, that's really nice. A good friend of mine will be interested in that.

I just saw the One Piece Grandline Men set coming out in March. I need a source for these, because none of the sites I frequent seem to get them. This new set (Vol. 12) isn't even listed on Amiami!

/XX/

FLCL's Canti (カンチ) new figure from the RIO:bone series of Japanese figure-maker SEN-TI-NEL CO., LTD:

iLORoBpdqljG.png

RIO:boneカンチ(緑) 案内開始!|.
http://ameblo.jp/sen-ti-nel-info/entry-11178806224.html

GAINAX OFFICIAL SHOP | フリクリ RIO:bone カンチ(緑)(千値練)
http://www2.gainax.co.jp/shop/index...re=&page=&price_class=&key=&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0

Judging from their Wonder Festival 2012 figure prototypes, that selection of properties is shaping up nicely their RIOBOT series as well.

I'm not even a collector type person, but:
Things like that beauty should be appreciated by anyone, collector or not!

grim0451

Neo Member
vdcsg.jpg

Just got this in the mail, so sexy. Pretty hefty as well which I like. Now just need the Solid Snake that's coming out soon and that Rex and my life is complete.

atomsk

Party Pooper
FLCL's Canti (カンチ) new figure from the RIO:bone series of Japanese figure-maker SEN-TI-NEL CO., LTD:

http://i.minus.com/iLORoBpdqljG.png[IMG]

[B]RIO:boneカンチ(緑) 案内開始!|.[/B]
[url]http://ameblo.jp/sen-ti-nel-info/entry-11178806224.html[/url]

[B]GAINAX OFFICIAL SHOP | フリクリ RIO:bone カンチ(緑)(千値練)[/B]
[url]http://www2.gainax.co.jp/shop/index.cgi?rm=detail&id=4676&genre=&page=&price_class=&key=&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0[/url]

Judging from their [I]Wonder Festival[/I] 2012 figure prototypes, that selection of properties is shaping up nicely their [I]RIOBOT[/I] series as well.

Things like that beauty should be appreciated by anyone, collector or not![/QUOTE]

If only I had a spare 100 bucks

=(

johnsmith

remember me
The Chie figma is up for preorder! I prefer more detailed, stationary figures, but since they never made one of Chie, this is more than good enough.

ucYYr.jpg

q4K3l.jpg

F24PN.jpg

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose

iLORoBpdqljG.png

http://www2.gainax.co.jp/shop/index...re=&page=&price_class=&key=&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0

Judging from their Wonder Festival 2012 figure prototypes, that selection of properties is shaping up nicely their RIOBOT series as well.

OMG? Is this an exclusive?

EDIT: nvm, just pre ordered.

iLORoBpdqljG.png

WHERE CAN I PRE-ORDER THIS NOW?

horsebird

Banned
Damn it, I load up AmiAmi on a whim and see a new Figuarts Zero Zoro available for pre-order. Of course, it's already sold out. And it's sold out everywhere. It probably sold out within minutes of being available.

T-T

:lol

|
V

Damn it, I load up AmiAmi on a whim and see a new Figuarts Zero Zoro available for pre-order. Of course, it's already sold out. And it's sold out everywhere. It probably sold out within minutes of being available.

T-T

That's why I have the handy:

FIGURE ORDER FLOWCHART

Is a figure up for pre-order?
|
|
|
V
Yes
|
|
|
V
Is it One Piece? ----> No ----> You're OK
|
|
|
V
Yes
|
|
|
V
It's already sold out.

DemiMatt

Welp 5p for those who want Rex on the ThreeA toy's site.

I for one will be purchasing Rex over the Hot Toys Tumbler. I figured since they announced the 89 Batmobile to be next year, they did that to sell more Tumblers, I for one will not succumb to their sneaky marketing. REX HERE I COME!

A bit over 4 hours until REX, I probably won't place my order until tomorrow morning or something though, hoping to sell some items on eBay so that I can have some USD to make my payment because the PP exchange for CDN funds into USD sucks.

A bit over 4 hours until REX, I probably won't place my order until tomorrow morning or something though, hoping to sell some items on eBay so that I can have some USD to make my payment because the PP exchange for CDN funds into USD sucks.

I'm expecting them to sell out over the course of like, a couple hours at most. Do you think it'll last over night?

DemiMatt

I think this will sell out within a few hours. Waiting until tomorrow seems a bit ambitious. HOWEVER, Sideshow announced on their Facebook page that they will be selling Rex, which will be in a couple weeks via their newsletter. So be on the look out.

With that said, I would still try to purchase this tonight as 490 includes shipping worldwide. Where as Sideshow will probably sell them for 490 or so + shipping + taxes (for us californians). Either way you get two chances to purchase it, but for the love of god, buy this now if you can.

I'm expecting them to sell out over the course of like, a couple hours at most. Do you think it'll last over night?

I have a 3AA membership so any normal or 3AA exclusive releases are guaranteed to be in stock for 24 hours for me (unless it is explicitly stated as a "limited" release). I think this might sell out for folks without the membership though. Recently they have started removing items from the store for non-members after a while if they are selling too well. It happened with one of their last 7-bones female figures which surprised everyone. It really depends on the demand though, if the demand is great for this $490 figure then they might just pull it once they got enough orders in because they don't want to plug their supply chain since this is not the only figure they produce and the company is not that big. I'd say it is better to place an order early for non-3AA members just to be safe. :)

horsebird

Banned
I have a 3AA membership so any normal or 3AA exclusive releases are guaranteed to be in stock for 24 hours for me (unless it is explicitly stated as a "limited" release). I think this might sell out for folks without the membership though. Recently they have started removing items from the store for non-members after a while if they are selling too well. It happened with one of their last 7-bones female figures which surprised everyone. It really depends on the demand though, if the demand is great for this $490 figure then they might just pull it once they got enough orders in because they don't want to plug their supply chain since this is not the only figure they produce and the company is not that big. I'd say it is better to place an order early for non-3AA members just to be safe. :)
I'm also a 3AA member, high-five. Everything Leshita says is correct. Popular 3A don't last the night. If you're not there at the drop for a hyped release, it's likely you'll miss it.

Now, while the servers get hammered pretty badly and it can be a bit of a mission to lock down an order, it's pretty hard to miss a figure as long as you're there the moment it becomes available. I imagine a higher-profile release like REX will attract a great deal more interest, so this applies doubly, even at the $500 price tag. He definitely seems like a holy grail of sorts for MGS fans. I'm not huge on MGS, but even I'm pretty tempted. I'll probably pass, though, since I'll want to go all out on the WWR Supreme Overlord release.

Oh god, it's so close. Jut to be sure, I keep pressing F5 at brambaland, right?
I like to click on the different links, myself - the menu on the left and the Bambaland banner, every 15-30 seconds. I figure that doesn't trigger whatever spam measures they may or may not have up (I think Ashley mentioned this once during a drop, but I don't know if he was bluffing).

It will be up at 9am HK time (5pm PST), though sometimes it can be up either a few minutes before or after depending on when Ashley Wood puts it up.

"F5" is just a small jab for those of us who constantly refresh the Bambaland store page during drops to make sure we do not miss any secret or limited drops that pops up since those sometimes sell out within seconds or minutes. ;p

NEO0MJ

"F5" is just a small jab for those of us who constantly refresh the Bambaland store page during drops to make sure we do not miss any secret or limited drops that pops up since those sometimes sell out within seconds or minutes. ;p

Well, that's how I'll be ;.;
I can't miss this, I just can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom