• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsebird

Banned
Hah, good luck with the drop. :)
I am just so happy to finally be able to purchase this. It has been 3 years since I first wanted this.
I hope everyone who wants one can get one.
I'm almost definitely passing... unless there's a secret limited drop. Then I'll have to do it.

New Previews catalog came out yesterday and it looks like the domestic releases for the Vanquish Play Arts is still $69.99. Wonder why they're pricier, maybe because the game isn't as popular as some of their other properties? Smaller production run? Larger size?

NEO0MJ

New Previews catalog came out yesterday and it looks like the domestic releases for the Vanquish Play Arts is still $69.99. Wonder why they're pricier, maybe because the game isn't as popular as some of their other properties? Smaller production run? Larger size?

Fans will buy them either way =p?

Xzior

I will probably pass on the Rex, not that I really want to. But the added cost of customs and VAT will make it to expansive, if I wasn't so attached to my kidneys I might have jumped on it anyway.

Feels bad man!

Edit:
Why didn't I read the faq on Bambaland Store or noticed the nice "paypal exclusive"-image earlier, this means I don't have to think about whether or not I should buy it. I have a Paypal account but no credit card attached to it, since I have yet to call my bank and ask why paypal only can make one withdrawal, the small verification fee that gives the code, and all other charges will be denied.

Don't feel so bad now, but still not good man!

Fans will buy them either way =p?
I guess, it's not like there is any other Vanquish merchandise out there. It's still odd because all their other releases are still around $50-$60, like the Halo Red/Blue/Gold Spartans and Kratos which were all offered in last months catalog.

I don't have the money right now for REX (curse you, wisdom teeth removal!), but I've been eying that Gray Fox pretty heavily.

Where's the best place to get one?

Xzior

Got my Catherine in the mail earlier this week, very nice. Here is two pictures, too bad I don't have a Revoltech Woody, I think it would have added a certain something to the pictures :p

Q8ziY.jpg

Lrxli.jpg

DemiMatt

I don't have the money right now for REX (curse you, wisdom teeth removal!), but I've been eying that Gray Fox pretty heavily.

Where's the best place to get one?

Ebay so far. But I'm holding out for the Hot Toys Version, also I decided to pass on Rex because HT will do a 1/6 version sooner or later. That will be a must have in any collection.

NEO0MJ

As soon as you select where to ship it to and stuff. A Paypal screen will pop up.

It did pop up but I'm having trouble with my card and so can't pay with PP right now. I got my order confirmation and all but I need to know if they might cancel it if I don't pay soon.

According to their own site, the order only finalizes when your paypal transaction is finished.

Shit dude. I AM NOW WORRIED.

Edit: Worried for NeO0MJ, not myself. My paypal went through fine.

NEO0MJ

No idea, but the bright side is Sideshow will sell these eventually. But I believe the cost will be more.

That's the problem. Plus I doubt they'll take care of the shipping and this thing is a beast! No way will it cost less than at least $150 to ship.

I ordered REX!! :D :D :D

I got confirmation from PayPal, but nothing from Bambaland yet. Is that normal? I've never ordered from their store before.

DemiMatt

I got an email from ThreeA toys 10 minutes after saying if you have questions e-mail so N so. Not sure as this is my 1st purchase from them.

My confirmation came moments after the paypal order went through. Not sure if they're getting hammered or what.

I wish I could answer the question regarding emailing them and the payment details. Sorry, man. I have no idea. :(

jenov4

Ordered the REX! I got the email confirmation like 15 minutes after the PayPal purchase. Now we gotta wait till August. BOO!

Ebay so far. But I'm holding out for the Hot Toys Version, also I decided to pass on Rex because HT will do a 1/6 version sooner or later. That will be a must have in any collection.

I highly doubt Hot Toys will make a 1/6th Rex.
This ThreeA version is 1/48 (or was it 46) and it is already gargantuan, unless they are willing to make one that is 8 times as big (which will fill up an entire room) and charge 5-10k for it, also need to have the demand of course. ;p

Kambing

FFFFFFFFFFuck...

I clicked this thread at the wrong time. Can't believe that REX is up for pre-order. WHAT TO DO?! Half a grand is a shit ton of money -_-, but i want it so bad. It definitely seems to be worth 500 bucks when taking into account detail, size and free shipment. Need to think this through. Damn son

I got a confirmation email from Bambaland store, but the actual website says my order is still processing. This is normal, right?

Yup, that's normal. :)
As long as you got confirmation of your payment and it says "You've paid $4xx of $4xx" on your order when you log in then you are fine.

FFFFFFFFFFuck...

I clicked this thread at the wrong time. Can't believe that REX is up for pre-order. WHAT TO DO?! Half a grand is a shit ton of money -_-, but i want it so bad. It definitely seems to be worth 500 bucks when taking into account detail, size and free shipment. Need to think this through. Damn son

Just do it! If you don't want to pay all at once you can do they Paypal payment plan if you are in the US or you can perhaps wait for Sideshow to have theirs up in the next couple of weeks. I think you don't need to pay until it ships with Sideshow, though the price will most likely be more because Sideshow does not have free shipping.

NEO0MJ

Checked again and turn out the problem was that I didn't put enough money in my debit card! Now I can finally rest.

scaffa

Rex is a thing of beauty.. damn. Wish I could buy it but I cant justify paying that price. Im going to regret it but damn.. So hot. Glad to see other people are buying it, its great that they are doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom