• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk3

Banned
So is 3A good? I just can't imagine spending $500 on a figure no one has seen a production copy of. I know better than to spend that much on sideshow, their quality has gone down quite a bit in the past several years.

sophora

So is 3A good? I just can't imagine spending $500 on a figure no one has seen a production copy of. I know better than to spend that much on sideshow, their quality has gone down quite a bit in the past several years.

3A is a great company. Though they're known for delays to make product better, sometimes when there is something wrong with stuff you've recieved you can give their CS an email and they'll get you sorted out. Last year some figures they shipped had some paint issues so they actually shipped out free replacements to customers who ordered, pretty awesome customer service if you ask me.

I think Sideshows quality has gone up often on alot of their lines. Their 1/6 GI Joe and Star Wars stuff just seems to get better and better. I'm glad they are releasing a new Snake Eyes 1/6th as their original is pretty bad. Some of their smaller stuff has been iffy.

DemiMatt

I think Sideshows quality has gone up often on alot of their lines. Their 1/6 GI Joe and Star Wars stuff just seems to get better and better. I'm glad they are releasing a new Snake Eyes 1/6th as their original is pretty bad. Some of their smaller stuff has been iffy.

While SS has certainly upped the ante over the past years, their paint apps are just inferior to HT. I do purchase certain SS figures, but for the most part their sculpts and paint apps look cheap. Figures that don't have a face like the Clone Troopers and Boba, and even Snake Eyes look great, but those that do have faces always fall short of the mark.

I need to find pics of my SS Snake Eyes, I modded him with a HT TT and changed up his gear. He looks heaps better. Unfortunately the new SE looks nothing more than a Kitbash, while it looks cool, there isn't anything separating it from the others. And I'm sure with the Timber sculpt it will be 200 bucks haha.

166401_10150358802310508_747120507_16854299_2222816_n.jpg

165234_10150358802520508_747120507_16854309_1518642_n.jpg

I've since then put him on a HT TT and changed the sneakers. But I think with those changes and having actual knee pads make a huge diff of the figure. The HH TT makes him look much more aggressive while his old body (while the joints are loose) isn't that bad with the proper tweaking.

Sideshow is putting Rex up for preorder tomorrow 3/9, price is $490.

Also good thing Rex is up, but once again glad I bought from ThreeA since SS rapes us Cali residents in the butt with taxes and shipping. 490 shipped is great and we get it earlier than SS.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is there a place to buy standalone figurine stands?
like the base itself

For what kinds of figures? You can buy figma stands alone. Do you need one with a peg or something to go into a foot, or do you just want a small plastic / wood platform to put a figure on?

There's probably not something specially made for figures but I'm sure someone has an idea of something you could use.

Uchip

Banned
For what kinds of figures? You can buy figma stands alone. Do you need one with a peg or something to go into a foot, or do you just want a small plastic / wood platform to put a figure on?

There's probably not something specially made for figures but I'm sure someone has an idea of something you could use.

just a flat base that can be glued on

SUPARSTARX

Finally got the Ichiban Kuji Freiza to go along with my Goku statue.

Kinda silly how they used a metal stand to hold him up from the base going straight up his butt. I wouldn't mind a waist clip kind of thing but this keeps him sturdy.

Next target: Ichiban Kuji Broly :D

AnyyFqKCQAE4Pv8.jpg:large

hayejin

I got this POP Boa Hancock last August and I only took it out of closet today.
Can anyone tell me if this is fake or not?
There is no silver or golden sticker every one talks about except for Funimation sticker in the back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
BBTS ever do Figmas? I've never bought one from them before, but I want dat Chie and I don't like giving PayPal my business.

Was hoping to pile it all together with X-Arts Vile and Kamen Rider Meteor

SUPARSTARX

I got this POP Boa Hancock last August and I only took it out of closet today.
Can anyone tell me if this is fake or not?
There is no silver or golden sticker every one talks about except for Funimation sticker in the back.

My Boa came from that same distributor. It's legit. I posted a few pictures earlier in the thread.

Galdor

The ponytail of my Kotobukiya Christie Monteiro broke off during unpacking. I'm not really the type to complain and send items back, so I tried glueing it, but, hence this message, no luck so far. I tried Revell Contacta Liquid and Revell Contacta Professional Mini, glues apparently mainly used for model train cars.

I tried googling for some tips, but I haven't found something really solid yet. Apparently special pvc glue has a high chance of damaging the figure. Recommended though are "hot glue" and "super glue", but I like to get some more information before rushing off and buying some 20 bucks super glue that might not work also.

So yeah, you guys got any tips for glueing my Christie back together?

SUPARSTARX

The ponytail of my Kotobukiya Christie Monteiro broke off during unpacking. I'm not really the type to complain and send items back, so I tried glueing it, but, hence this message, no luck so far. I tried Revell Contacta Liquid and Revell Contacta Professional Mini, glues apparently mainly used for model train cars.

I tried googling for some tips, but I haven't found something really solid yet. Apparently special pvc glue has a high chance of damaging the figure. Recommended though are "hot glue" and "super glue", but I like to get some more information before rushing off and buying some 20 bucks super glue that might not work also.

Pics? Damn that sucks. My Christie is coming Thursday.

Lerozz

Something similar happened to me as well. While unpacking my Naruga Hunter, I broke off part of her loincloth.

3B81z.jpg

Tried ordinary superglue and it worked. Just need to be careful and only use a little bit.

Edit: It might also be important to mention that you should not use PVC superglue as that one seems to melt the material. Just read that somewhere.

Galdor

Bought and used Pattex Superglue. Seems to work fine, I'm always cautious if some day it spontaneously lets loose again.

But it's unbelievable how small and fragile the connection between the ponytail and her head is. You expect it to break and drop off just by looking at it.

So everyone who ordered this figure, be very carefull and cautious near the ponytail. I'm surprised this hasn't become a global problem yet, with Kotobukya issuing an order to replace broken Christie's.

Spike

Need some help fellow GAFfers!

I really, really want that Samus Figma. I'm guessing AmiAmi is the best place to get it from, but how is their shipping to Canada? How long would I be waiting for it once it does come out? Do they charge you right away, or when the item ships?

Basically, give my some of your experiences. Thanks for your help.

Need some help fellow GAFfers!

I really, really want that Samus Figma. I'm guessing AmiAmi is the best place to get it from, but how is their shipping to Canada? How long would I be waiting for it once it does come out? Do they charge you right away, or when the item ships?

Basically, give my some of your experiences. Thanks for your help.

Pre-order now and they will request money when they have em in stock. Go for SAL and it will take up to two weeks. EMS is quicker though.

Yamashita is the best man

They're incredibly attractive figures.. I wish they did a re-release of his original line. You can tell that Sera Chan is a bit rough around the edges so to speak. She's a fairly old figure though, so not surprised.

SUPARSTARX

Noooooo!! Missed UPS right before I got home. My goofy sister was passed out and didnt' get the door. Kotobukiya Christie will come back tomorrow. Along with Hot Toys 1989 Batman DX. :) :) :) :) :) Best friday evarr!!!!!!

hayejin

Anyone order from bigbadtiystore?

Are they always late with their preorders? Satellizer, metal gear Kai figures and joker dx that I preordered are yet to be shipped.

23888-valve3A.jpg

http://www.tomopop.com/breaking-valve-threea-partnership-announced-23888.phtml

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom